10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

When setting up your games for home use, how steep/playfield angle do you set them. Do you set some games steeper than others, and if so, why?

#2 10 years ago

That is a question of personal preference.

Also, I think you are in the wrong category. Tech is more for mechanical issues with your machine. You might get more responses elsewhere on this forum.

But since you are asking, I prefer to pitch my games higher in the back than the factory recommends. Then again, I am into pinball more as a player than as a collector ... so always like a tougher challenge.

Do you have a lot of beginners playing your machine? If so, you may want to keep to factory standards, so as not to scare them away ... and give them longer ball times.

Do you like your games fast? Then raise those back leg levelers! Just make sure that you test the machine after to make sure that the flippers are powerful enough to make all of the shots!

Hope this helps a little ... and try again on another forum category.

Cheers

#3 10 years ago

Some would say that making your pitch steeper actually makes the game easier. I tend to agree, generally. Faster for sure, but you are also reducing side-to-side motion and making catches a lot easier.

In my opinion, if you consider yourself a "player", and desire a greater challenge, you are better off setting your outlane posts at the highest difficulty (or removing the rubbers entirely), and turning off extra balls.

I think it is important to stay within maybe .5 degrees of the recommended setting by the manufacturer, because the shots and gameplay were designed with that pitch in mind.

#4 10 years ago

I have mine all around 7 degrees, taken from the playfield with smart phone app

#5 10 years ago

I have different pitches depending on my game. I find my No Fear to be more fun set up at like 8.5 degrees. It might even be more than that.

#6 10 years ago

- Front to back leveling (steepness) is dependent both on the game and personal preference. On older games I like them a little steeper than normal to make the game faster, less boring waiting for the ball to get into flipper play.
    - If it's whipping down the field and jumping over your flippers, impossible to make a ramp shot, or ball is difficult to get into a saucer kickout, it's too steep.
    - If it's rolling off the pop bumpers without actuating them, it's too shallow.
    - If a ball rolled down the center goes exactly down the center then side to side leveling is in range
    - Typically a bubble level laid on the playfield will get you withing good range for side to side leveling.
    - Side to side leveling may need to be 'tweaked' a small amount depending on the game, but should be very close to level.

The only tool that is needed is a bubble level - laid on the playfield and not the glass.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-steep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.