(Topic ID: 46308)

How should I attach the metal plate to the X Files playfield?

By robbiedoo

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robbiedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So I purchased an X files pin a few weeks back, and while it did have the updated ROM that lowers the power of the magnet under the playfield ( the one directly in front of the file cabinet), it didn't have the metal plate.

There's damage to the playfield where the magnet wore through, but it looks like it was semi repaired, covered in mylar and the hole was filled. However there is a small divet in the field there.

I was lucky enough to have someone very nice ship me their old metal plate, but it obviously didn't come with the other items in the kit.

What should I use to affix the plate to the field?

#2 11 years ago

Hi robbiedoo,

Sorry I missed this earlier. I believe that my plate came with an adhesive backing, so I just pulled off the paper and stuck it on. After filling the playfield with wood filler, and a bit of soft sanding. When I got my plate a couple of years ago, my distributor was able to order it directly from Stern. They may still have some, the service bulletin references each of those parts individually, so there is a specific # for that plate.

Good luck with X-files and feel free to let me know if I can be of any other help with it. I love mine!

#3 11 years ago

I've actually tried to track down an original new cond. plate & kit, but unfortunately I couldn't find one.

As I said, mine was second hand and I don't have an adhesive backing on mine. Maybe I'll try some 3M double sided tape for something...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-should-i-attach-the-metal-plate-to-the-x-files-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.