Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shabby (resized).jpg
SS (resized).jpg
AFM (resized).jpg
20220327_093543 (resized).jpg
20220326_204200.jpg
#1 2 years ago

How about this for a free machine? Found out through a coworker that it was sitting in the basement of an old pond house near me. Owner said take it, it had been sitting back there for a least 15 years and came with the property when he bought it. It's complete. Just dirty. Boards are clean with no battery damage or burned components. My first Bally, should be interesting learning how they work. Anyone else ever snagged a pin for free?

20220326_204200.jpg20220326_204200.jpg

#2 2 years ago

If your going to get a free pin ... This is a good one , looks like its great shape... Would not mind seeing a playfield pic.
Nice grab ... Wish it was me!

#3 2 years ago

Wow congratulations!!

#4 2 years ago

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If your going to get a free pin ... This is a good one , looks like its great shape... Would not mind seeing a playfield pic.
Nice grab ... Wish it was me!

Here ya go. It's all there, just dirty. Don't see any cracked plastics or major wear spots.

20220327_093543 (resized).jpg20220327_093543 (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago

Post some pics after you clean up a bit, please.

#7 2 years ago

As a bonus, you get to see how a Williams system 11 works too! That is a great find! Your gonna love that game.

#9 2 years ago

That machine is in nice shape. That's the find of the century. That might be a slight exaggeration, but maybe not. Mousing Around is a great game and one of my favorite System 11's. Congratulations!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from gottlieb_fanatic:

Here ya go. It's all there, just dirty

Thanks ...this game will be sweet with love and attention.
Definately needs a complete shop....
But well worth it.

#12 2 years ago

To date I've scored:
2 Space invaders (same location) trashed playfield on both, but other than a TON of burned out 44's, working 100%
Fishtales out of a burned building. Pretty much tarshed, but was great for parts. Electronics were completely intact.
Devil's Dare, 98% working, out of a house that was recently bought, new owners wanted it out ASAP as the wife was "NOT about to have any satanic icons in her new home" Ok, problem solved!
Many, MANY video video machines--Tempest (not working) was the best score!

#13 2 years ago

I've gotten 2 free pins to date. One was an unexpected bonus from a pinhead boss at work. (story here) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-pro-vs-jurassic-park-at-same-price The other was a Space Shuttle Project I got for free. I went to pick up an El Dorado off of Facebook for my first E.M. pin. Got to the place and as I'm moving the pin out I notice a pin under a tarp under the deck. What's that? O, that's an old pin I couldn't get to work... How much? I was going to just take it to the dump... it's yours if you want it.

The space shuttle was complete but too heavy of a project for me. Sold it cheap but kept it out of the dump.

AFM (resized).jpgAFM (resized).jpgSS (resized).jpgSS (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago

Not free, but I also got my dust covered Mousin out of a basement for $500 bucks! Great game...the art and music alone make it a keeper for me. Awesome score!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've gotten 2 free pins to date. One was an unexpected bonus from a pinhead boss at work. (story here) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-pro-vs-jurassic-park-at-same-price The other was a Space Shuttle Project I got for free. I went to pick up an El Dorado off of Facebook for my first E.M. pin. Got to the place and as I'm moving the pin out I notice a pin under a tarp under the deck. What's that? O, that's an old pin I couldn't get to work... How much? I was going to just take it to the dump... it's yours if you want it.
The space shuttle was complete but too heavy of a project for me. Sold it cheap but kept it out of the dump.[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang that AFM is beautiful

#16 2 years ago

Never got that lucky
But if anyone has a dusty pin for free shoot me a pm

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Not free, but I also got my dust covered Mousin out of a basement for $500 bucks! Great game...the art and music alone make it a keeper for me. Awesome score!

I think for now I'm gonna clean it up and wrap it up for storage, Im restoring a MGOW right now and have a Gold Wings to do after that. Then I'll get to Mousin Around.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I hope you bought him a case of beer.

He wouldn't take anything for it. I wanted to pay him for it. The man that bought the property just sold a 500 million dollar company so I don't think he was worried about getting paid for it.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from gottlieb_fanatic:

How about this for a free machine?

shabby (resized).jpgshabby (resized).jpg
#20 2 years ago

Mousin Around is a fun little game.
Your lucky as fuck getting it free!
It’s amazing how colorful the cabinet decals are with all of those big windows right there

#21 2 years ago

I got a Spirit of 76 for free about a year and a half ago. Game logic isn't 100%, but all the solenoids, playfield switches, chimes, and lights all work. It's just a matter of cleaning and checking all the contacts and wiring to get it up to speed. It's in fairly nice shape overall as it just sat in a locked, dark garage for who knows how long.

#22 2 years ago

I will pray to the pinball gods that I will be blessed with a free machine one day, as an answer to my pinflation woes!

Congrats though on getting such a nice machine! This is where having connections and friends (something I don't have much of) shows its true value, haha.

#23 2 years ago

Great score! Mousin' Around is one of the neatest System 11s and this one looks beautiful! I'm sure it'll clean up nicely.

I've had a few freebies years ago, when pins weren't as expensive as they are now. A basket case Stern Big Game and a very nice Bally Embryon are the ones I can think of.

Apart from freebies, I've had quite a few that were what I consider almost free: a 50€ Fireball II, 350€ Banzai Run and a 1250€ The Addams Family come to mind.

#24 2 years ago

I've never gotten a free Mousin' Around, but I have gotten a pin with free mouse crap in it. Not quite the same thing though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 23.95
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-s-this-for-a-free-pin-?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.