Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bstyles
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014.JPG
sopranos.jpg
badabing.jpg
sopranos_10.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Not sure how rare, but it appears the mob is controlling coil stop prices. Wow!!
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7470-00

Off topic, but worth mentioning since it's been brought up....

It's easy to get complacent when ordering. It starts with that one product you need, then you just keep adding to your cart. Because I had nothing better to do last month, I took a couple of the items I purchase regularly and did a quick price comparison:

Marco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014.JPG

To hell with coil stops -- look at those slingshot switch prices - Marco is 67% more expensive than PBL.
Flipper rebuild kits, about 30% more!

Last email I sent to Nancy @ Marco on this topic went unanswered. Figured she might want to know why my annual parts orders are going to drop by couple thousand dollars. Nope, my email was completely ignored.

What would be nice is to have a talented web developer (perhaps pinside.com or pinpedia.com) write some code that goes out once a month and scrapes prices off their sites and renders a comparison table like the above.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The lower priced suppliers could just as easily raise their prices with the info. After a few months they are all more or less the same and likely more expensive.

could, maybe, what-if.... Online tools help level the playing field. Sure, it could get "too level" at some point for a short time, but then the competition would start up again, just like gas stations on opposite corners of an intersection. You have heard of gasbuddy.com, I assume?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Boards
PinSound
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside