You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014.JPG
sopranos.jpg
badabing.jpg
sopranos_10.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

~2500 Stern Sopranos were made.

#52 9 years ago

Those were the best years for stern, in my opinion. TSPP, LOTR, RBION and Sopranos all between 03 and 05. I'd rank them in that order.

#53 9 years ago

One of the best, same layout as LOTR. Never leaving here...

#54 9 years ago

I am not sure how many were made, but the machine is a blast. It is always the first machine I play at Silverball.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Not sure how rare, but it appears the mob is controlling coil stop prices. Wow!!
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7470-00

Off topic, but worth mentioning since it's been brought up....

It's easy to get complacent when ordering. It starts with that one product you need, then you just keep adding to your cart. Because I had nothing better to do last month, I took a couple of the items I purchase regularly and did a quick price comparison:

Marco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014.JPGMarco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014.JPG

To hell with coil stops -- look at those slingshot switch prices - Marco is 67% more expensive than PBL.
Flipper rebuild kits, about 30% more!

Last email I sent to Nancy @ Marco on this topic went unanswered. Figured she might want to know why my annual parts orders are going to drop by couple thousand dollars. Nope, my email was completely ignored.

What would be nice is to have a talented web developer (perhaps pinside.com or pinpedia.com) write some code that goes out once a month and scrapes prices off their sites and renders a comparison table like the above.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Love this machine too! Played it a lot on route, got one a few weeks ago and finfished working on it yesterday mirrorblades, powdercoated legs,….
BadaBing! here i come

badabing.jpg 135 KB

sopranos.jpg 262 KB

Nice. I plan do put similar work into one when I get it.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That is just awesome! Portland is truly the Mecca of location pinball. I bet there aren't five Sopranos on location in the entire Chicago metropolitan area. Just to put it into perspective, we're talking about an area with a population of about 10 million people.

Portland is amazing for location Pinball. Ground Kontrol is phenomenal. Funny enough, I'm going to be in Portland for a few days in mid-Feburary, including Valintines day. I've already told PavBall (who is coming with me) that we will go to Ground Kontrol for V Day. Very romantic, I know.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

What would be nice is to have a talented web developer (perhaps pinside.com or pinpedia.com) write some code that goes out once a month and scrapes prices off their sites and renders a comparison table like the above.
Marco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014... 37 KB

The lower priced suppliers could just as easily raise their prices with the info. After a few months they are all more or less the same and likely more expensive.

#59 9 years ago

Anyone know if Backalley Matt ever did a stripper mod for Sopranos?
It was on his website as projects for a long time but I've never seen one.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The lower priced suppliers could just as easily raise their prices with the info. After a few months they are all more or less the same and likely more expensive.

could, maybe, what-if.... Online tools help level the playing field. Sure, it could get "too level" at some point for a short time, but then the competition would start up again, just like gas stations on opposite corners of an intersection. You have heard of gasbuddy.com, I assume?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-rare-is-sopranos/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.