You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marco-PBL-Price-Compare-Dec-2014.JPG
sopranos.jpg
badabing.jpg
sopranos_10.jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Sopranos is a great underrated game and I know Stern doesn't release exact numbers but some of you guys are hip to approximate production #'s e.t.c.

Any rough idea on how many are floating around? Although I don't see them too often, something tells me they made a decent amount...

Poking around, it appears there are 128 pinsiders alone who have it in their collection.

#2 9 years ago

I would guess somewhere between 2000-3000. It came out when games were still selling decent numbers...but its adult theme kept it out of family friendly locations. I used to see a lot of them on locations and auctions tho.

#3 9 years ago

Ya I figured the theme had a lot to do with it on location as parents wouldn't want their kids playing it e.t.c. regardless of any "adult mode" settings.

#4 9 years ago

There's 28 of them on location in Portland

#5 9 years ago

I have to agree, it's a great game and it's on my hit list too

#6 9 years ago

Would never sell mine.

#7 9 years ago

The CEO of the company I work for has one in his basement, and there is one in our break room here at work too

Chris

#8 9 years ago

When these were released, I recall seeing them on route all over the Sacramento area and Reno

#9 9 years ago

I love mine! It was a total sleeper. Just picked one up locally a few years ago on a whim never having seen the show and it's still a ton o' fun.

#10 9 years ago

Mine is a keeper ! Always enjoy playing .

#11 9 years ago

I know of a ton of them. Great, underrated game.

#12 9 years ago

Last game of mine to leave, it got me back into pinball since MM days

#13 9 years ago

Not sure how rare, but it appears the mob is controlling coil stop prices. Wow!!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7470-00

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Not sure how rare, but it appears the mob is controlling coil stop prices. Wow!!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Stern/sega/de parts are always crazy expensive, and Marco is one of the most expensive vendors around. I avoid them unless I have no other choice.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That's just rediculous and one of the reasons why I always check pinball life first.

#17 9 years ago

Great game. Loved it the first time I played it and wondered why it wasn't more "popular" among the Pinsiders.

#18 9 years ago

Just bought a pristine Sopranos. It fits that style of pin I like where it's not music blasting in my ear and not a bunch of crazy special effects. I must be gettin older but I enjoy it a lot.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

you don't think this is a mistake ?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Probably a price mistake - I am going to hurry up and order before they raise the price!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I would guess somewhere between 2000-3000. It came out when games were still selling decent numbers...but its adult theme kept it out of family friendly locations. I used to see a lot of them on locations and auctions tho.

I was going to say exactly this...2-3k is a good guess. It's really a pretty great game.

#22 9 years ago

Not sure how rare but I'll never forget the first time I saw one, on display at "The Sharper Image" boutique at my local mall. That store always had cool stuff

#23 9 years ago

I can't recall my source or where I saw it, but I believe the number was in the 3000s.

I could swear I got this from a reputable source, but I can't for the life of me remember where. So: Standard disclaimers apply.

#24 9 years ago

The guy i got mine from told me a great story...

Knock knock. He opens the door and it's a door to door "have you found God" type person with their family. Their kids look right past the guy into his house and see Sopranos all lit up and shiny! They ask "can we play it?" So of course the guy says sure! The parents of the children then go on about their religious business as the kids start a game in the background. Within about 30 seconds they actually start "F#%K Multiball" and the volume is definitely "not quiet". The parents get a horrified look on their face, grab their kids and book it out of there in a flash!

I can't help but think of that story every time I start that mode

#25 9 years ago

Sopranos was my second machine. I played one at the Texas Pinball Festival and had to have one. I bought one online out of WI and couldn't be happier. Since then, i have acquired a lot of big titles but still love this game. Very under rated. I only know of a couple of others around here. My buddy has one, there is one at FUN in Mesquite TX for sale, one at Pinball in Austin and one at Cactus Jacks on Oklahoma City.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Great game. Loved it the first time I played it and wondered why it wasn't more "popular" among the Pinsiders.

A bit easy is the biggest reason.
Sopranos is fun, but unless it's set on very difficult across the board, you can really tear it up.

One of the few games I still have access to on location every summer, shopped and dirt cheap to play.

#27 9 years ago

Pumpilicious thread here.

#28 9 years ago

Great game. One of my favorites. Love how well the show integrated into the pin, twd could learn a lesson from this one. Not super deep but most people can't beat the boss. I paid 2800$ about 5 years ago for mine. Definitely not leaving my house.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

never having seen the show

Awesome series (even if it does end...oddly) go watch it sometime!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

A bit easy is the biggest reason.
Sopranos is fun, but unless it's set on very difficult across the board, you can really tear it up.
One of the few games I still have access to on location every summer, shopped and dirt cheap to play.

Agreed once you get it going and stack the multi balls. The boss mode is pretty tough to get to and is very hard to finish, especially when you keep bricking the Meadowlands shot.

#31 9 years ago

The Sopranos might be my favourite Stern. It is embarassing to them that with pins like the Walking Dead, they are clearly not making any progress. The other night, I got to play 'The Shadow' for the first time. The invisible ball trick makes me think Bally was 20+ years ahead of Stern.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

makes me think Bally was 20+ years ahead of Stern.

True that!

Bally was founded in 1932, thus 67 years ahead of Stern.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

The Sopranos might be my favourite Stern. It is embarassing to them that with pins like the Walking Dead, they are clearly not making any progress. The other night, I got to play 'The Shadow' for the first time. The invisible ball trick makes me think Bally was 20+ years ahead of Stern.

Doesn't RBION have a similar trick as well. It's really cool on the RBION as well but The Shadow came first.

#34 9 years ago

This is one of my guilty pleasure games. "Give him the f$&@ing money already!"

#35 9 years ago

Total monster bash rehash from Gomez. Rules are the same, ramp ramp ramp safe, fish fish fish, safe. Fun theme got mucho repetitive. Had a HUO and flipped it. Maybe because I live by the badda bing I have high expectations. fun pin while it lasts.

#36 9 years ago

I love this game. One of my Grail pins for sure. I have played hundreds of games on it and never reached boss mode or completed it. Cannot wait to own one. It's also fun trying to stack boat multiball with bing multiball.

#37 9 years ago

Only own 3 modern Sterns, and Sopranos is one of them! Always thought it's strength was it's software, not the layout or artwork, just a great job of incorporating the theme into a pinball machine.

#38 9 years ago

Not rare, but I predict it will gradually get more appreciation, but not what it deserves though...

#39 9 years ago

I agree underated Stern title. Very solid game. I have played 2 in the past months one was monkeys and one at the C-Bar on Gladstone.

I have enjoyed every game I played of it.

#40 9 years ago

While I enjoy playing a few games on Sopranos, the artwork on the PF is horribly ugly and the flippers are just mush. I do enjoy the modes and rule though.

#41 9 years ago

Fun game for sure. Another under appreciated Gomez game.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

For the sake of all Sopranos pin owners, I hope it is a mistake.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

True that!
Bally was founded in 1932, thus 67 years ahead of Stern.

You are off by a couple decades

#44 9 years ago

I sold mine a few months ago. I regret selling it and will probly get another one eventually,

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Only own 3 modern Sterns, and Sopranos is one of them! Always thought it's strength was it's software, not the layout or artwork, just a great job of incorporating the theme into a pinball machine.

Finally a machine we can both completely agree on!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

There's 28 of them on location in Portland ...

That is just awesome! Portland is truly the Mecca of location pinball. I bet there aren't five Sopranos on location in the entire Chicago metropolitan area. Just to put it into perspective, we're talking about an area with a population of about 10 million people.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That is just awesome! Portland is truly the Mecca of location pinball. I bet there aren't five Sopranos on location in the entire Chicago metropolitan area. Just to put it into perspective, we're talking about an area with a population of about 10 million people.

And where they are made!

#48 9 years ago

Next month The Sopranos machine will celebrate its 10th anniversary! I agree about it being underrated and simply fun to play, as the one we have is quite popular.

Brad

sopranos_10.jpgsopranos_10.jpg

#49 9 years ago

Love this machine too! Played it a lot on route, got one a few weeks ago and finfished working on it yesterday mirrorblades, powdercoated legs,….
BadaBing! here i come

sopranos.jpgsopranos.jpg badabing.jpgbadabing.jpg
#50 9 years ago

Yep,I WILL have one some day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-rare-is-sopranos/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.