(Topic ID: 83779)

How rare is DE Robocop Pinball? (1500 Units)

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern_AC-DC_236787-upper (resized).jpg
RC T2 (resized).jpg
then-miguel-ferrer-played-hot-shot-executive-bob-morton-who-helped-bring-robocop-to-life (resized).jpg
IMG_4350 (resized).JPG
20160401_174620 (resized).jpg
20160401_174603 (resized).jpg
20160305_140022 (resized).jpg
20160305_140008 (resized).jpg
20160305_135958 (resized).jpg
11203369_10153297458322777_7400951663641505559_o (resized).jpg
11411894_10153297456257777_6642184424232181822_o (resized).jpg
20160929_083702 (resized).jpg
20160929_083643 (resized).jpg
20160929_083546 (resized).jpg
robocop-2.JPG
robocop-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I don't think it's really ''rare'' I have seen a few around my area from time to time,
it's one of those games where if you're not looking for it, it comes to you, and the other way around if you're looking for it.
Monday Night Football I would say is harder to get. Torpedo Alley is another.
Out of 1500, I would say 1000-1100 have survived if lucky.

I'd say that's pretty optimistic...more like 750 or less? Like you said the DE games weren't really built to last. Took me forever (a couple years really) to find one locally that wasn't snapped up before I could buy it. I think thanks to the awesome theme and sounds, the simple but challenging and satisfying gameplay, and the various youtube videos pumping it up this one has gotten pretty popular quickly.

All Robocops I see have nice playfields - I think they were all mylared.

I just got one, expected shape cab ain't so hot, nice playfield. Love the movie and it's a very fun game I've always looked forward to playing at Papa/Pinburgh. I always get a tech to crank the sound so I can play Robocop LE (Loud Edition).

Share your Robocop stories!!!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

I have one in my line up and love it for the theme alone. The game play is very simple shoot ramp lock balls get multiball shoot ramp for jackpot. I have a replacement set of plastics for it but have not put them on yet. I'm afraid the crazy powerful flippers will kill the new plastics. If it was up to my wife it would be the first to go but I think that's becuase i have mine setup very hard. Not easy to hit the ramp on mine so ball times are very short. Murphy is that you!

You don't go for the spinner to get it back up top and score big points? I thought the spinner could be lucrative.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I see them at shows all the time, so I don't consider that rare. If it's something i've only seen at a show once ever in all the years of going to shows...then that's rare.

I've seen more Dimensions and Cactus Canyons at shows than I've seen Robos. In fact I've only seen 3 robocop games, ever, including mine. I've certainly never seen one on location, and I've seen two BBBs taking quarters!

There simply aren't a lot of them around. Of course rare is in the eye of the Neo.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I've seen prototypes at shows on more than on occasion, that doesn't make them any less rare. Your criteria is bunk. Especially since shows are usually when people are willing to haul things out since others have not seen it.
Relative to other machines robocop is rare and there are many on here who have never played/scene one. 1500 worldwide minus however many have been trashed over the years. Oh, and despite what you say many machines still get trashed. Fires, floods, neglect, or company policy they still wind up wrecked.

I've seen as many King Kongs at shows as I have Robocops. Therefore they are both equally rare.

For those of us who have been bickering with Neo online forever, this kind of logic is old hat.

2 weeks later
#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Not a bad game at all, pretty simple and straight forward but fun. Last year I saved one destined for the scrap heap, had no backglass but got a NOS from Mayfair and managed to get a ramp as this one was totally warped.

WOW! Impressive work man. What are those NOS backglasses going for? You do have to fix something - the "DE" and "In Digital Stereo" boxes in your backglass are not supposed to be transparent - they are blue and red, police lights. You can probably make something like the ridged original, or even just cheap gels to make it work. Supposed to look like;

I'm rethinking my shit on Robocop's rarity and other DE games.

Yeah, they made 1500 of them but those early DE's were built like shit. The cabinet literally falls apart as do many of the things that are supposed to hold the games together. They are nowhere near as durable as System 11 games or even the Gottlieb stuff.

A game like Robocop, I think there are only a couple hundred left. I've been collecting, buying, selling, trading, whatever games for over 15 years. Hundreds of games, all the time. Until this month I'd never gotten so much of a whiff of one - never seen one for sale locally, never been offered one in a trade, nothing. I've only ever seen it at a couple shows and PAPA. You can't tell me there are twice as many of these around as there are Dimensions or Pop a cards, which I've owned tons of both.

Time Machine is another one. The early DEs I've played have been fun games, but unfortunately I've only played a few. I think most just fell apart and got trashed and there aren't many around.

IMG_4350 (resized).JPGIMG_4350 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#73 7 years ago

OK, obviously mods are lame and I hate 'em...but uhhh...anybody want to make a kickass Ed-209 mod to replace that shitty chintzy plastic ed-209 by the spinner that looks absolutely awful?

I love the way the guns light up with every spin but man is that a bad Ed-209. If someone came up with a movie-like replacement for it I'd certainly consider getting on a list to possibly maybe pre-order one.

Also, someone needs to fix the sound rom so during Ed-209 hurry up he says "you now have 10 seconds to comply!"

I mean...how did they miss that?!

#76 7 years ago

They aren't very similar. I mean, they are both pinball machines, but I've never once been playing Robocop and thought "Wow, this sure reminds me of T2!"

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks like with the recent passing of Miguel Ferrer, the cost of this game is on the rise.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Nah that's a fair asking price for a Robo these days.

And yes we are all mourning Bob Morton. He's put in an amazing performance in a movie filled with amazing performances. And I always thought Dick Jones would be the first to go.

"Ahhh fuck jones! The guy is a pussy, lost his edge!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-rare-is-de-robocop-pinball-1500-units?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.