View topic image gallery

th-1-688.jpeg
th-1.jpeg
IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4565.JPG
DSC01752.JPG
DSC01745.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

OK, first off, i know that this is very minimal damage, but ive got alot of money and over 2 years waiting. So when my WozLE arrived today, i went right out and set it up in my gameroom. But when I opened up the box, first thing that stuck out was a chip off of the corner on the front of the cabinet. I know that its hid by the legs, but its still damage that happened at the factory.

Whats your thoughts on what you would say and/or do. I keep my machines in the best shape that i can, and i spend lots on things to keep my machines in top notch shape such as cab protectors, cliffy's etc. In fact, i spent the 100.00 on woz cliffys that will be installed right away to prevent any kind of damage

DSC01745.JPGDSC01745.JPGDSC01752.JPGDSC01752.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Zoom out and post another. Hard to get a feel for it so close.

#3 10 years ago

I'd be disappointed... but I'd probably just suck it up in that it will be covered by the leg.

#4 10 years ago

Tough one. Don't know if I would put them through getting me a new machine, but I might want something ancillary.

#5 10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it. Put on some of the metal leg protectors that pinballlife sells and no one will ever know the difference. If that's the only issue on your game you should count your blessings. NIB pins are rarely 100% perfect.

#6 10 years ago

Its covered by the leg. In a couple of days you will not even remember it. If it was something you would have to look at than that would be a different thing. You might want to try and get something from jersery for your troubles.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't worry about it. Put on some of the metal leg protectors that pinballlife sells and no one will ever know the difference. If that's the only issue on your game you should count your blessings. NIB pins are rarely 100% perfect.

Agree 100%

#8 10 years ago

It's a new item and should reflect that no matter the money you spent on it. I would contact JJP and advise them and see if they would assist. Question is, was the issue caused by JJP or the Shipping company? Either way contact JJP as if it was damaged by the Shipping company JJP needs to open a claim with them since he was the shipper.

Also, in looking at the picture it appears the the wood joint is separating???

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

But we always hope against hope anyway.

#10 10 years ago

If it is covered up I won't worry about it.

#11 10 years ago

Call them up and see what they will do. After paying what you paid for the game they should be more than happy to make things right? Maybe a free blank playfield or something of value or even a small cash refund? Sounds like JJP stands behind their work and that doesn't look NIB to me even if it is minimal damage.

#12 10 years ago

I had some light scratches on my apron and lock down bar, notified LTG, and they are sending out replacements. Can't ask for more than that. Their customer service is outstanding.

#13 10 years ago

Agree with JJP customer services. Unreal!

Lloyd, Vincent and Jack were all great in dealing with some of my cosmetic issues.

Tim

#14 10 years ago

If it was highly visible and larger on the side of the cabinet I would say make a stink but as it sits now, a small chip behind the leg, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you ever sold it I can't imagine another buyer grilling you over that (and if they did, you shouldn't sell it to that ass-hat anyways )

#15 10 years ago

Well,
I did send a email with the pics to Jen earlier, got a few responses, one i wasnt thrilled about because i mentioned that it must have happened at the factory. She told me that it was not right for me to assume that, but i replied back that if the box is not damaged and the chip is not in the box, that the only possibility is that it happened at the facty.

Anyway, Jack has already reached out to me and asked what he can do to make it right. Its not like I want the game replaced or a new cabinet, I just think that something should be done. So after going back and forth a little asking each other what it would take to make it right. (as the buyer i want the world and as the seller he wants to give just enough to please) I told Jack that if he wants to send me something cool that i can hang up on the wall or something along that line, that would be enough for me. That he can send anything he wanted that he thinks would be fair.

So lets see what i get in the mail.

Hopefully it is something cool, since i have no clue, but i have a lot of respect for someone replying back that quick to try to resolve something as slight as this. Yes its minor, but its still a flaw for something that i paid good money for. I have not been a JJP fanboy so much because of the wait, but I do understand that they did not want to take this long either.

#16 10 years ago

Ask for a JJP neon sign for your game room.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Ask for a JJP neon sign for your game room.

This would be more than awsume

#18 10 years ago

No offense, Troy, but put the felt protectors on that come with the game, wait a month or so, take them off and let me know what you think of the imprint left in the clearcoat. It will look ten times worse than a couple of tiny chips.

For those who have said you should ask for "something for your troubles", shame on you. The cabinet is damaged in an area that won't be seen and looks extremely minor. If it bothered me that much, which it wouldn't, I would want a new cabinet. I mean, that's what started this, right? Either replace the cabinet, or don't. But to ask for "other compensation" makes you sound like "one of those guys." And anyone in business for themselves knows who "one of those guys" is.

#19 10 years ago

If that was a brand new motorcycle that you were picking up off the show room floor, How would you feel about a ding in the paint?

Same price, right?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

If that was a brand new motorcycle that you were picking up off the show room floor, How would you feel about a ding in the paint?
Same price, right?

If that ding was on the inside of the wheel well I probably wouldn't mind

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No offense, Troy, but put the felt protectors on that come with the game, wait a month or so, take them off and let me know what you think of the imprint left in the clearcoat. It will look ten times worse than a couple of tiny chips.
For those who have said you should ask for "something for your troubles", shame on you. The cabinet is damaged in an area that won't be seen and looks extremely minor. If it bothered me that much, which it wouldn't, I would want a new cabinet. I mean, that's what started this, right? Either replace the cabinet, or don't. But to ask for "other compensation" makes you sound like "one of those guys." And anyone in business for themselves knows who "one of those guys" is.

This actually surprises me coming from you Bryan, I know what your final product looks like, and im sure that someone paying you for a restore would not want any damage at all. I did not want a new machine, i know that it is not that big of a problem. But you know as well as I that when i go to sell it who knows when, that to be honest, i need to point it out, and we all would say, how about 100bucks less because of that damage. So it would affect me. So by Jack sending me something to hang on the wall, thats good enough for me. something, but not much

#22 10 years ago

A piece of invisiglass for one of your other games would be nicer than something to hang on the wall.

#23 10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it.

#24 10 years ago

I think what you did was the right course of action. You paid a lot and waited even longer. You did not hard time Jack and left it up to him to make it right with the hint of a small gesture.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. I keep my games pristine and would be disappointed as well. I do agree that once the legs are on it will be easy enough to forget about, but still nothing wrong with expressing some disappointment.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Same price, right?

Not the same. The same would be there's a ding in the paint under the gas tank that is only seen when you remove the tank.

#26 10 years ago

As it is in a non-visible spot, I wouldn't sweat it too much, but it's cool of Jack to send you out a whatsit. Post pics of whatever it is here once it's on the wall. He promised to send me something to hang beside my machine a while back and still waiting. (maybe he'll pack it in with my LE when it ships)

#27 10 years ago

You should have seen my Tron when it arrived.. lol
What i did? Just suck it up.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

So by Jack sending me something to hang on the wall, thats good enough for me. something, but not much

Sorry, man. I like to think I'm about as particular as they come, but I'm also very understanding.

If those nicks were somewhere where they could be seen, there's no question, I'd want the cabinet replaced and wouldn't settle for anything less. But under the leg where it's not seen? I'd have no issue with that. Like I said, wait until you see the impression made by the cab protectors and then tell me whether a couple tiny nicks looks that bad.

Shit, if I still had my WOZ coming, I'd be installing the metal protectors which would probably cover those nicks anyway.

#29 10 years ago

I want perfect machines too but I have come to the realization that it is just not possible. My WOZ had some "blobs" in the clear coat (one in the witches hat!) that bothered me but I have come to accept it. I am sure every NIB pinball machine has plenty of blemishes if you look hard enough. Assemble the legs and go enjoy some pinball.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, man. I like to think I'm about as particular as they come, but I'm also very understanding.
If those nicks were somewhere where they could be seen, there's no question, I'd want the cabinet replaced and wouldn't settle for anything less. But under the leg where it's not seen? I'd have no issue with that. Like I said, wait until you see the impression made by the cab protectors and then tell me whether a couple tiny nicks looks that bad.
Shit, if I still had my WOZ coming, I'd be installing the metal protectors which would probably cover those nicks anyway.

I have not looked under the felt since installing the legs......you got me curious.

#31 10 years ago

unless you're gong to play it with the legs off, I think you're over reacting.

#32 10 years ago

glue it and put the leg on that way it does not run away

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have not looked under the felt since installing the legs......you got me curious.

Pics anyone? My LE isn't here yet, should I order the metal protectors? I ordered a set of green pincab protectors like a year ago in anticipation of that. (was before the metal ones were out)

#34 10 years ago

Hope he sends you a Jersey Jack Sticker for you to hang on your wall! That would be cool!

#35 10 years ago

Just my 2 cents...for me, unacceptable.

It would bother me knowing that it was there and possibly the next person if/when you sold it. I've always tried to achieve 'perfection'(if such a thing) in what ever I do but as I get older understand more that it's tough to get 100% these days in anything it seems and accepting less than perfect has become and understanding of sorts...sometimes just not worth the worry. Always been that way since a kid...meticulous as most call it.(some may call it being anal : )

In the end I have to agree w/Bryan Kelly about what to do...ask for new cab. Accepting compensation is sorta' like saying you can live w/it but give me something to ease the pain of the damage that bothers me if that will work for you...and nothing wrong w/that and it happens all the time....it's your game. I wish you the best outcome for what ever happens in the end.

#36 10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

In the end I have to agree w/Bryan Kelly about what to do...ask for new cab.

I don't think that's quite what he was saying.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If those nicks were somewhere where they could be seen, there's no question, I'd want the cabinet replaced and wouldn't settle for anything less.

This is WOZLE 232 and this is one of the two scrapes on the cabinet . Did it upset the owner,maybe ? What do you guys think? The damage is on top of the head .

IMG_4565.JPGIMG_4565.JPG

#39 10 years ago

Covered by legs is one thing but that. Hip on the head is not ok. They are coming chipped out of the box?

#40 10 years ago

Man, I bet pin makers long for the days when games were sold almost entirely to ops. You guys sure are picky.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

They are coming chipped out of the box?

Yeah, you trying to start something Dave ? Here is the guy in the cool shoes inspecting the damage .

IMG_4564.JPGIMG_4564.JPG

#42 10 years ago

Nice shoes and a really nice floor

#43 10 years ago

Sounds like a lot of people want JJP to deliver these games on clouds and magically placed into your loving arms.

#44 10 years ago

An out-of-the-box chip on the head artwork seems to warrant a replacement backbox.

#45 10 years ago

Why post this on pinside? Sheesh.

#46 10 years ago

Why do so many people take the game out of the box with the bottom sitting on the floor? Keep the game vertical and put the front legs on first to reduce the steps and minimize the chance of messing up the bottom edge of the artwork.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Why post this on pinside? Sheesh.

Yeah, you're right. The guy should have posted a question about his pinball machine on SVTPerformance.com. Sheesh.... Guy has a ligitamate concern for himself. Maybe a non-issue to you (or actually most of us) but he was still looking for advise about his PINBALL machine. Kind of seems like Pinside is a good choice to post that question.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why do so many people take the game out of the box with the bottom sitting on the floor? Keep the game vertical and put the front legs on first.

Ive been laying it upside down on the backbox, install all 4 legs, then just roll it over till its right side up.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive been laying it upside down on the backbox, install all 4 legs, then just roll it over till its right side up.

Please say you are joking.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why do so many people take the game out of the box with the bottom sitting on the floor? Keep the game vertical and put the front legs on first to reduce the steps and minimize the chance of messing up the bottom edge of the artwork.

Why, because I am not a rookie making rookie mistakes ! The game was carefully rolled out of the box on PVC pipe rollers and oh so gently set on the carpet mat and the box was preserved for resale and shipment needs.

Why do so many people think they know what is best ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-picky-to-be-with-slight-cabinet-dmage-on-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.