(Topic ID: 61160)

How old is YOUR pinball lift?

By Chitownpinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cart_1.png
    IMG_3978[1].JPG
    IMG_3979v2.jpg
    IMG_3979.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Because mine is pretty freakin' old...

Working on new casters for this baby since they are all locked up at this point.

IMG_3979.JPGIMG_3979.JPG IMG_3979v2.jpgIMG_3979v2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

LOL. Time to clean up that sucker. Remember that rust spreads and must be stopped when seen.

#3 10 years ago

Point taken.

I will see how it performs with new casters and that will help me decide if I need to tear it down for paint in the near future.

#4 10 years ago

I got a sweet as new pinball lift and now only have one pinball I guess it won't be that way forever

#5 10 years ago

You can start a new mod fad...... Powder coating your lift.

#6 10 years ago

Mine's an old Wico too. It's a little different looking than yours. I'm guessing it's right around 30 years old, but works like a champ.

#7 10 years ago

37 years old, 38 in December. Knees, joints, and back are all in good shape, no serious or permanent injuries!

#8 10 years ago

LOL, mine is much older than that. Actually, my lift is an old Bingo lift (no hydraulics) that's been cut down and has smaller casters on it so it'll fit under most of my games, it's almost too tight for pinballs with 27" legs but it's worked this way for years.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

37 years old, 38 in December. Knees, joints, and back are all in good shape, no serious or permanent injuries!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Going to say something similar, but older and knees giving out...

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Maybe you're joking, but I can see that happening.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Maybe you're joking, but I can see that happening.

Ive got a guy I've been wanting to try out....

Maybe he'll do a set of legs for me at the same time.

#12 10 years ago

51 years young.

#13 10 years ago

I have 3.

1 old school wico lift that weighs a ton and works real well, but has trouble fitting under games on carpet

1 newer style penguin lift, works OK, but isn't as rugged as the Wico lift

Finally, a home brew one made out of a table lift from an auto parts store

#14 10 years ago

Which casters should I get? I still need to measure the bolt pattern, but what load, shape, wheel configuration, etc, do you guys think? Low profile is best I would assume.

Thoughts?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-casters/=o8zoe7

Thanks

#15 10 years ago

33 years old today, still works like new

#16 10 years ago

Bump for caster recommendations

#17 10 years ago

I have had a few over the years but that's my favorite, works great. But I put small wheels on mine or else it wouldn't fit under Stern games.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Bump for caster recommendations

My casters went bad too. I think I just got some at Homedepot that were the same size. I wish I could put bigger wheels on it -- like wagon sized wheels-- but I'd have to cut it down and re-weld it or something, because it barely fits under the games now.

#19 10 years ago

Mine is so old that I don't even have one.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

I'll tell you what would look kick ass, some ACDC or MEtallica dolls on there!

1 week later
    #21 10 years ago

Well, having issues finding the right size.

The mounting plate is 4" x 3" and the wheel is 3.5" tall. I have found some that are close, but they end up being too tall. Making my dolly any taller will only cause issues getting under my lower machines.

Any one got any good spots for casters? Tried mcmaster, castercity, amazon...

IMG_3978[1].JPGIMG_3978[1].JPG

#22 10 years ago

I put some big wheels on my little cart they cam from a big snap on tool box just had to weld a little bit of metal on good luck

#23 10 years ago

I put some big wheels on my little cart they cam from a big snap on tool box just had to weld a little bit of metal on good luck

Cart_1.pngCart_1.png

#24 10 years ago

Those are some MEGA wheels man.

#25 10 years ago

yep it floats right over the door jams. I wish I could have put 4 swivel caster on it but its still better then it was

#26 10 years ago

Mine needs new casters, too. Has anyone found a replacement?

#27 10 years ago

Some nice pin lifts here. Guess I've been doing it wrong. My lift was get it home call buddies tell them free beer once pinball is in basement and set up. this method seems to work good for couch's,TV,other large unwieldy objects i buy. I can see where having a pin lift can make it faster and not cost me beer. But then i get some iou's to cash in for what ever. So for age do we need to add everybody together or how old they act?

#28 10 years ago

Sears motorcycle jack with add on bracket. About 4 years old.
    Does not matter the age if the hydraulics are smooth and it works. IMO.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-old-is-your-pinball-lift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.