(Topic ID: 93715)

How often if ever do you 'beat' a pinball Wizard modes?

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Finrod
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you ever beat the Wizard mode?”

• Never beaten one game 27 votes
      27%
    • Beat a few but very rarely 49 votes
      49%
    • Beat most games 17 votes
      17%
    • Beat all games give the time such as several years of ownership 6 votes
      6%

(99 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider generica.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

Valinor is harder than SOTM. Valinor is borderline impossible even in a long game. A lot of the sotm requirements can be reached just by keeping the ball in play long enough, the hard ones are mega jackpot and diamond jackpot in fireball frenzy. I often end a game with four or five of the eight jewels just by going for a high score.

#16 9 years ago

Thanks.

Can someone explain exactly how you get mega jackpot? I think getting a triple jackpot for any given shot makes a rescue letter flash, and you have to hit it to collect it before you can get a different triple to get another insert flashing. Until you've lit and collected them all...?

The ones I haven't ever collected are diamond jackpot, munchkin multiball start, and mega jackpot. Munchkin shouldn't be too hard if you're willing to time out the 60 second modes. Fireball frenzy and rescue multiball are difficult to get to more than two or three times in a game so if you miss those opportunities it kind of screws you. And of course it's hard to put all this together in a single game.

The reason I say Valinor is still harder, though, is you have to do it in one shot. All 3 multiballs have to be beaten, then destroy the ring finished on the same ball for it to count. Madness.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Super hero is both awesome and evil

Even if you do manage to beat it, a big part of the award is it starts your ball over with 2x scoring and all of the modes/villians start over from new. So you really have to go kick some ass and make use of your double scoring before the ball drains and it goes back to single scoring regular old play. So once you've gotten super hero a couple of times you feel like a failure if you can't stretch that 2x scoring to at least Battle Royale

#22 9 years ago

Talking about wizard modes and the WoZ requirements got me reading old threads, and this one is excellent, especially the posts by the OP, replies by keefer and to keefer:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-near-impossibility-of-do-or-die-multiball

I think owners will be pleased with SoTR as a goal, makes you complete all the features without needless filler like 100 hurry-ups hit or 9x bonus before lit

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Know what I saw in that thread? This so called "pinball_keefer" guy hates BSD. Right there his opinion is suspect

I know right? Just some random person who thinks they know better than the professionals who write code.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider generica.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-if-ever-do-you-beat-a-pinball-machine-complete-the-wizard-modes?tu=generica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.