(Topic ID: 35240)

How often do you shop for a new machine for your collection?

By Butch2099

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rick471
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you shop for a new machine?”

• Never...I'm happy with what I have 3 votes
      4%
    • If someone I know mentions it, I may look 4 votes
      5%
    • When I start getting bored with what I have I'll look around 20 votes
      26%
    • I know every machine that's for sale anywhere 49 votes
      64%

(76 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I started getting bored with one of my machines & put it up for sale. Now I can't stop looking everywhere at machines for sale...Am I alone? My wife is getting mad & I'm ready to smack someone at Craigslist for making you search city by city for machines.. Plus no one has EVER replied to an email yet on there...

#2 11 years ago

I look when I get tired of what I have. But the overriding consideration is where I am in my "mad money" fund. I will not go into debt for a pin.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I started getting bored with one of my machines & put it up for sale. Now I can't stop looking everywhere at machines for sale...Am I alone? My wife is getting mad & I'm ready to smack someone at Craigslist for making you search city by city for machines.. Plus no one has EVER replied to an email yet on there...

You can download a nifty CL app called Craigslist Pro.. It allows you to search multiple cities and send notifications to your phone/email when new ads appear. Im sure your wife will love me for this!
    And to your question... Im ALWAYS looking.

#4 11 years ago

Yep, always looking. no money in the bank?? still looking.

I blame CL too. About 18 months ago my folks were in town for a week. too busy, didn't look. probably couldn't have run out to grab a pin anyway --- BUT a nice DM and JM sold for $950 or $975 close by, and I'd been looking for both.

Now if i dont look, i'm just SURE i'm missing out. Its a sickness...

#5 11 years ago

I'm always looking too... Hunting is pretty fun

#6 11 years ago

im always on the hunt. leave no stone unturned.

#8 11 years ago

The hunt is so much better than the kill

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from corvair61:

You can download a nifty CL app called Craigslist Pro.. It allows you to search multiple cities and send notifications to your phone/email when new ads appear. Im sure your wife will love me for this!

Hey, don't be spreading all the secrets around.

#10 11 years ago

It's like the ultimate scavenger hunt.....thrill of the hunt! Even the parts hunting! I am always looking, the problem with that is then you are always wanting to buy and the pocket book doesn't always work out.

#12 11 years ago

Other: When I find out a machine that I used to love to play becomes available or when a new release becomes available and I am interested in either the theme, artwork or game specific features/toy(s).

#13 11 years ago

I'm done buying for a while (unless I can find a nearby Babypac).

If I look, I will buy, so I don't even look..

#14 11 years ago

I'm always looking! I must still be too slow though, because I never get a call or e-mail from the CLers.

#15 11 years ago

Every f'ing day...

#16 11 years ago

Until recently, I was always browsing. Don't have the time for fixer uppers right now so haven't done more than idly look. Besides, saving up for Metallica in the off chance it is a mind blower.

#17 11 years ago

Evey single day.

#18 11 years ago

Every minute of every day, but admittedly getting far more
    discriminating. Gotta be the right condition, price and closeby.
    Steve

#19 11 years ago

I spend time every day checking pinside market and forum and various close city Craigslists to see what's available. When I'm "really" ready (and have the space) for a wishlist buy (DE SW or STTNG), I'll post a WTB and hope for the best

#20 11 years ago

I deleted the CL app so I wouldn't be tempted to look every chance I got...

#21 11 years ago

always looking, got a couple friends who have certain pins on their wish list. they look almost every day too, so we keep each other informed if we see any pins on our want list

#22 11 years ago

Twice a day.

#23 11 years ago

I'm an everday'er as well. No money. No space. Still looking.

#24 11 years ago

Always looking no matter what.

#25 11 years ago

Just so you know,we have the same sickness up here in Canada.
    Always looking

#26 11 years ago

Waaaaay too much. I guess the more you have, the more you want.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Waaaaay too much. I guess the more you have, the more you want.

You aren't kidding..I bought my 1st one thinking this is it...what a lie that was..But I believed it at the time..

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from corvair61:

I downloaded it, but it is almost the same as the regular Craigslist. It only lets me search 1 location at a time & I don'e see any email notification settings. What am I doing wrong?

#29 11 years ago

Have room for two more pins, but not alot of extra funds but I check CL & Mr. Pinball Classifieds everyday! Can't help it!

#30 11 years ago

Everyday! I have to quit torturing myself, but it's so much fun.

#31 11 years ago

I used to look all the time, but in the past year I have been more content with my collection and not looking as much. Now that I have finally scored a MB and I am along for the ride on Predator, I am not really looking at all.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I downloaded it, but it is almost the same as the regular Craigslist. It only lets me search 1 location at a time & I don'e see any email notification settings. What am I doing wrong?

This is what you are looking for....

http://iosapps.com/cPro+-craigslist-Client-iPhone-iPad-App1153

#33 11 years ago

I am always looking for the next pin. I pass on a few that are way too expensive. Occasionally I find a gem that has been tucked away in a basement for many years. All too often I find an EM with a dead mouse and nest on the PF stored in a wet basemant that the owner claims is worth $1500 dollars because one like it is that much on ebay.

#34 11 years ago

When I have pin shopping money then I hound, hound, hound until I find something.

When I don't I don't even look.

#35 11 years ago

Thx, I'll try it. I think I downloaded the regular Pro not the Pro+

#36 11 years ago

I look all day every day I have no room left for more but if I find one ill buy it. I'm addicted. Do they have a 12 step program for pinball?

#37 11 years ago

Dumb question - do you down load this right on your phone? Does it have to be an Iphone?

#38 11 years ago

I'm looking right now.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Dumb question - do you down load this right on your phone? Does it have to be an Iphone?

So you've been beating me to all these games and you don't even have notifications on your phone? Damn, i might as well quit looking once you get that set up on your phone. lol.

I'm just giving you a hard time, Mark. No offense meant.

#40 11 years ago

I have my collection pretty much where I want it for now. However, i am constantly looking at what comes up for sale and the new Sterns.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

So you've been beating me to all these games and you don't even have notifications on your phone? Damn, i might as well quit looking once you get that set up on your phone. lol.
    I'm just giving you a hard time, Mark. No offense meant.

None taken, I know it's in jest. In fact I've been passing quite a few up. Running out of $ and room.

#42 11 years ago

I always have a stash of cash in case a machine pops up near me at a good price.

In the past, I have regretted not being fiscally prepared!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-you-shop-for-a-new-machine-for-your-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.