7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

The Radical I was working on came in with a burnt GI connector. Replaced that. Lightbox still only half lights. Continuity testing from the transformer onwards now gets the the insert GI relay. Broken solder joint (several actually, both the relay coil and one side of the normally closed contacts). Fixed those too and the insert lights correctly and has flashing effects now too.

The playfield GI relay also had a broken solder joint, but on the coil rather than the normally closed contacts so it was less noticeable - no flashing effects but the playfield lit correctly once the burnt connector was replaced. Fixed that soldering and the playfield lights correctly and has flashing effects.

The Pioneer I've got had a range of issues with the tilt circuits. I'm not sure if it was tilting incorrectly for the previous owner or if they just didn't like tilt being enabled so it was disabled... by removing the tilt bob. Refitted that, still didn't tilt. Bit of hunting and they'd also bent the leaves on the tilt relay switches so it doesn't latch on and tilt the machine. Adjusted those and it now tilts, sometimes. I need to do more hunting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-you-see-more-than-one-cause-to-a-single-problem?tu=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.