By Juggernaut

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by flashburn

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 3 years ago

How often do you replace your rubber ring kits on your machines?

#2 3 years ago

I believe its quite unsanitary to reuse rubbers.

edit- jus messin, when they look about to shed shavings on the PF they are gone!

#3 3 years ago

Oh - by your thread title I thought you meant something else.........................

#4 3 years ago

every three uses...

#5 3 years ago

Well, it did make ya look!

#6 3 years ago

Depends on which rubber it is. Most rubbers can be rotated and/or inverted to extend their life. You can also rub them with WD40 to clean them up. Take a close look at a routed machine. You will probably notice that the flipper rubber was rotated when the flipper tips got worn.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

every three uses...

Dirty Bird!

#8 3 years ago

I had to give a thumb up to the first person that posted exactly what I was thinking.

#9 3 years ago

As & when required!

#10 3 years ago

The answer is "When they're worn out."

Rubber cleans up nice with Novus 2. Remove the rubber, add Novus 2, pull the rubber through a rag several times in a looping manner ... Looks great.

#11 3 years ago

when its full

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

Depends on which rubber it is. Most rubbers can be rotated and/or inverted to extend their life. You can also rub them with WD40 to clean them up. Take a close look at a routed machine. You will probably notice that the flipper rubber was rotated when the flipper tips got worn.

Keep wd40 away from pinballs!

#13 3 years ago

I got a story about wd40 and pinball machines. Man it is to late to tell that story. Long one, don't know where to start.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I got a story about wd40 and pinball machines. Man it is to late to tell that story. Long one, don't know where to start.

+1

I wouldn't EVER put WD-40 in a pin, anywhere.

#15 3 years ago

I clean mine with lighter fluid. NO SMOKING!

#16 3 years ago

I use this stuff to clean rubbers, it works amazing. Any dirt just wipes right off.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2651

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.