(Topic ID: 4363)

How often do you play pinball in the wild?

By Outlane-Avoider

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by royce6135
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How often do you play pins in the wild? (Not including pinball shows)”

• Every day - I'm a total route machine junkie. 4 votes
      4%
    • Once or twice a week, just to get my raw and wild pin fix. 34 votes
      36%
    • A couple of times a year, just to remind myself how bad they all are out there. 51 votes
      54%
    • Never, I'm quite happy with my own and my friends collections thank you very much! 5 votes
      5%

(94 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DoorLizard.jpg
    B_R_.jpg
    B_R.jpg
    Galaxie_G.room.,jpg.jpg
    Galaxie_G.room.jpg
    Galaxy_Gameroom-1.jpg
    Star_Wars_and_007.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

You know, sometimes when you get fed up playing your own immaculate, well kept collection of pins... How often do you leave them all switched off, go out and play some old beaten-up wreck of a machine in a dodgy arcade or dive bar?

#2 12 years ago

More like a few times a month to try out different machines.

#3 12 years ago

I play alot in the local bowling alleys in Cincy

#4 12 years ago

None around here on location to play. If I see one in the wild, I never go by it without a game or two though. Even if I dont like the game, I like to think that I am at least helping out an op with a few quarters.

#5 12 years ago

i'll put one game on shitty machine just to see how shitty it is.
    if it's playable, I might put a couple games a week on it.

#6 12 years ago

It's hard to enjoy the dim lit dirty games of pins in the wild. I don't bother unless it's a game I haven't played. Then I play it and try to imagine what it would be like if it was clean and bright, Oh and If I could hear it. And it was working correctly.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

It's hard to enjoy the dim lit dirty games of pins in the wild. I don't bother unless it's a game I haven't played. Then I play it and try to imagine what it would be like if it was clean and bright, Oh and If I could hear it. And it was working correctly.

....and if the ball wasn't rolling like a major league curve ball....

#8 12 years ago

I try to go out and play pins on location at least once a month. It's pretty slim pickings around here, but there are a few fun pins in decent shape not too far from me.

#9 12 years ago

Out of the blue you spot a table,
    sitting by itself no one around it or interested in it......

#10 12 years ago

Everyday, but I have the benefit of having hundreds of mostly well maintained machines to choose from in my city. I can see by the results that I am in the major minority.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

....and if the ball wasn't rolling like a major league curve ball....

Funny you should say that! That is almost every pin here at CAX!
    I had to adjust for it. Also it seems like there are weak right flippers galore!
    Oh well, I can't complain!
    But as for frequency...
    I will say once a week. There is a SM at a local pizza spot that I play at least once a week to keep Smassa happy!

#12 12 years ago

Very seldom I see 1 on Location.. There's 2 bowl-n alley's with-n 15 miles of me,, both have Jacked up & wore slap out " Elvis ".. Also , up the rd about 7 miles is a local Gameroom , Billiard's , vid's and usually 1 Pin .. the last time i was there they had a P.O.S DE SW .. I thought to myself,, this Pin Suck's . LOL,, then i saw 1 on C.List at the beach.. I bought that SW and got his 007 also,, I also brought back a Champaine Fire ,, would've got Sorcerer too, but the guy was a Liar.. another POS.

. I did my Home-work/Research and had it all lined up b-4 i left... I might go up the street to the Gameroom to see what they have.. Camera will be on hand..

Star_Wars_and_007.jpgStar_Wars_and_007.jpg

#13 12 years ago

Answer - ZERO!

I would love to find some pinball machines near me, be that Concord Mills area or in Mooresville exit 36.

I thought that Dave and Busters at Concord Mills Mall might have at least a couple of pinballs, haven't been there in a long time.

I've heard that there's a pin at a Fuel Pizza in Charlotte, but I don't get to Charlotte very often, and I'm not making a special trip for one pin. It would have to be a really great kickass pin to drive to Charlotte for, something like Twilight Zone, or my personal obsession right now The X-Files (which I know is not on anyone's kickass list, just mine).

I know, without any hesitation that probably the best arcade I'm going to find in NC is going to be BR's pinball garage.

#14 12 years ago

I'm always looking for pins on location. They are getting rare or I'm just a lousy detective(both). I was in London and only found a LOR up on a 3rd floor in a Picadilly arcade and bar. Never found a machine(flipper) in Paris. Played a Rolling Stones in a bar in another French city and found a WH2O in a bowling alley in a different French city.

Back in Ft. Lauderdale I have called the bowling alleys(no luck) and have only found a TSPP in a Chucky Cheeze. Have played a few games but shots to the couch ends your ball. Not(as much) fun when you have to lay off the couch shot to keep playing. I sometimes stop at Disney Quest to play when I travel that way. They have 5 or so machines and that seems to be the "jackpot" for me. I'll stop at a bar or 2 up that way that I know have a machine but that about it. It's pretty disappointing.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I might go up the street to the Gameroom to see what they have.. Camera will be on hand..

Took a lil-drive up the rd to check out the joint. No Pin @ all now.. The old guy that own's the Gameroom said his Vendor SUCK's .. He's been in business there for 16 yr's and he said people Just Don't come in like they use to. I offered to put a Shooter and Pin in for a 60 (me )/ 40 split..
    He's said he's lOOk-n to sell out. The business in in the middle of the small town on the Main Strip, I would be interested @ $ 560.00 a mth Rent if ONLY my County Wasn't Dry.. ( No alcohol , except in the City Limit's.. If Davidson Co. would be a Wet county,, Dam, there would be small Business's Pop-n up Everywhere..Here's a few pict's ,,,

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I might go up the street to the Gameroom to see what they have.. Camera will be on hand.. Also,, Yr Welcome up @ my Place anytime JW, just make the Call !!!

Galaxy_Gameroom-1.jpgGalaxy_Gameroom-1.jpg Galaxie_G.room.jpgGalaxie_G.room.jpg Galaxie_G.room.,jpg.jpgGalaxie_G.room.,jpg.jpg B_R.jpgB_R.jpg B_R_.jpgB_R_.jpg

#16 12 years ago

That is a shame B_R...
    That would make an excellent Pin-Hall. Looks spacious too.
    Just add alcohol...
    Oh wait, that is the problem!
    Doh!
    Stupid Flanders...

#17 12 years ago

Just put some Hot Chicks and they will forget about the drinks

#18 12 years ago

I'd like to go down to the City Hall and Smack EVERY Democrat in there.. I Know it's that Bunch.. I at least figured after Jesse Helm's (Former,, N.C Senator ) died ,, Thing's would change ,, Nooo !! It Got Worse.. Edward's took the office , now we have that Bi*#h Bev Perdue !!!

#19 12 years ago

I already have the name of the place!
    "Black Rose's Garage"
    Cross between a Hooters and PHOF!
    Cha-Ching!
    Just make sure the customers wash their hands before touching pins!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Just put some Hot Chicks and they will forget about the drinks

I heard that !!! Get a HoTTie to Poll dance for the Crowd.. I'd Love to Operate a Gameroom/Strip Joint ..

..and i'd have a Hot Chick Pin Tech...

#21 12 years ago

Just hearing about it makes me want to plan a trip there now.

#22 12 years ago

Theres a place around here that used to be an old resteraunt shut
    down for years and some guy from Tx. rented it and opened it backup
    and called it Double D's and put some girls wearing barely nothing
    and you should see the waiting line to get into this place unbelievable.
    The food is horiable but those horny pricks dont CARE!!

#23 12 years ago

Sound's Killer !!! 3am ,,, Nite guy's

#24 12 years ago

I would like to present similar question...How often do you play pinball in the nude?

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from twizz63:

I would like to present similar question...How often do you play pinball in the nude?

Only if a hot chick is present HeHeHe!!!!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from twizz63:

I would like to present similar question...How often do you play pinball in the nude? []

All the time, either nude or in a robe, on my machines in my basement. It gets HOT in Georgia, wearing less clothing saves on A/C costs.

#27 12 years ago

There are a few places that I haunt when I get the chance. Since I don't have a pin of my own yet, I play as much as I can on location. Unfortunately, the only place close by that has a pin is the local movie theater, but you have to buy a ticket to have access to the pin . . .

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

All the time, either nude or in a robe, on my machines in my basement. It gets HOT in Georgia, wearing less clothing saves on A/C costs.

The real question is... Does it improve your game?

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The real question is... Does it improve your game?

HeHeHe!!!! of course it does just dont get your lizard stuck in the coin
    door..

#30 12 years ago

HeHeHe!!!! of course it does just dont get your lizard stuck in the coin
    door..

Like this?

DoorLizard.jpgDoorLizard.jpg

Here's a link that shows the topper on Nimble's LOTR.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-pics

#31 12 years ago

OUCH!!!

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Here's a link that shows the topper on Nimble's LOTR.

Thats a very cool topper!

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Thats a very cool topper!

Yeah, now I'm waiting on the backbox flasher kit from Pinball Life. Terry's out of them right now, but said he'll be making more.

On a totally unrelated note... The 700 Club still exists?!? It just popped on whatever channel I'm watching at the hotel. I thought it disappeared 20 years ago. Not my cup of tea anyway. Changing channel NOW!

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

On a totally unrelated note... The 700 Club still exists?!? It just popped on whatever channel I'm watching at the hotel. I thought it disappeared 20 years ago. Not my cup of tea anyway. Changing channel NOW!

Yeah its still around after all these years

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Yeah its still around after all these years

I guess I need to take more trips. Only way I find out about things like this.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I guess I need to take more trips. Only way I find out about things like this.

I dont watch much t.v. anymore it seems you can get more info and do
    more things on the net.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I dont watch much t.v. anymore it seems you can get more info and do
    more things on the net.

I don't even have cable at home. Just Netflix and I'm going to can that now that they decided to increase their rates by 60%. Trying to find something to watch in the hotel has done nothing to make me want to get cable again either. It has only reaffirmed to me that I made the right decision in getting rid of it. It still baffles me that there is nothing to watch on 100 channels...

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I don't even have cable at home. Just Netflix and I'm going to can that now that they decided to increase their rates by 60%. Trying to find something to watch in the hotel has done nothing to make me want to get cable again either. It has only reaffirmed to me that I made the right decision in getting rid of it. It still baffles me that there is nothing to watch on 100 channels

Theres always nothing to watch when i start flipping channels.Netflix went up that
    high!! Holy cow thats a huge leap

1 year later
    #38 11 years ago

I would love to play other pins if i could find any....there used to be a Addam Family and Whitewater at Billing Aquadrome which has now closed all it's arcades....i hunted high and low for some pins at Skegness a few weeks ago and found a Spiderman and Shrek but apart from that there is nothing in Northamptonshire that i can play!

#39 11 years ago

Wow! my thread resurrected from the dead!

Jumbo, if you are looking for some games in the wild in the UK, Pinformer http://www.pinformer.co.uk is your friend. There is a CSI in a pub in Bedford near to you.

If you're interested, you don't live too far from me. Pop round for a few games!

#40 11 years ago

Cool thanks Outlane-Avoider,it is really hard to find pinball around here..you have a real nice collection! Are you going to this years UK Pinball Party? So looking forward to it and my 12 year old son is excited to play all the tables he likes playing on pinball arcade in real life!

#41 11 years ago

I go to Ground Kontrol or a movie theatre that has pins about 3-5 times a year.

I only go to hopefully play pins I have not played but that is getting to be a smaller and smaller number at least from late 70s forward.

They are not as well kept as my machines by far but they don't suck most things work just fine and there machines are in good shape. As for the theatre I go out more than that I am only counting the times when I went specifically to play pins and nothing else.

#42 11 years ago

Anytime I can find one in the wild, I will play it. Especially if its a newer Stern that I have never tried before

#43 11 years ago

Once a month I have to take my kid to the orthodontist in Salt Lake City.We always spend a few hours at Nicklemania where they have about 10 pins. The only thing that sucks is sometimes theyre in crappy shape and dont play right.It sucks when a machine is screwed up and your trying to play it.

#44 11 years ago

Unless pressed for time, I will always play a pinball I see in the wild.

When hitting the local watering holes, pinball is often times a deciding factor in which bar to frequent.

Not to mention, SS Billiards is 15 minutes from my work. I try to go a couple time a month. But, LTG and I end up BS-ing so much, I hardly get to play!

#45 11 years ago

When ever I see one I play it........

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Funny you should say that! That is almost every pin here at CAX!
    I had to adjust for it. Also it seems like there are weak right flippers galore!
    Oh well, I can't complain!
    But as for frequency...
    I will say once a week. There is a SM at a local pizza spot that I play at least once a week to keep Smassa happy!

Leveling pins at shows is a waste of time, you do a whole row and when finished someone comes along and decides to move all the games around.
    Now when asked if I want to level games I just laugh and move on.
    I level and pitch the games I bring and that is it.

No pins in the wild around me, just a filthy broken NASCAR in Crestline at the bowling alley and a LW3 at the pizza place in the village.
    Last time I was there no rubbers on the flippers and someone had stuffed pepperonis in the coin slot.

#47 11 years ago

I'm on the a few times a month club. One bar and one bowling alley are on my way home from work. About every 1-2 months I go down to Pinball Parlour when I'm in need of a serious pin-in-the-wild experience.

#48 11 years ago

Anytime I see one, it at least will get 1 play from me.

#49 11 years ago

anytime i see one. i dont own any yet...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-you-play-pinball-in-the-wild?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.