Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Vyzer2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

magneto.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I've never seen great pinball players other than the games I've looked up of tournaments on youtube so I don't know how consistent talented pinball players are supposed to be. I'd consider myself the best pinball player I know, but it's far from consistent. I'll go to my local watering hole and play 10 games of pinball and maybe have 1-2 great games. Is this normal? Are good players good every game they play? I know there's a certain "random" element to the game that makes for unlucky drains, but as you get better do you diminish these completely?

I've also seen that when I do have great games it's usually due to one monster scoring ball. Being fairly new to practicing pinball I've noticed trying to get extra balls helps too, obviously.

So how often do you have great games? And at what point do you know that you're becoming a better than average pinball player?

#15 12 years ago

RGR- I've only recently started trying to get good at pinball so I haven't got many high scores to glow about. My high scores are as such. (rounded off)
    Theater of Magic- 1.3b
    Lord of the Rings- 63m
    The newer indiana jones 153m

Those are the only 3 worth mentioning at this point. I consider them to be on the average side of high scoring. how about you?

I checked out the website. I was hesitant about it but I looked. My scores are not anything compared the high scores on there. I've had a saying for a while that goes something like "No matter how good you are at something there's someone out there that's better at it". and that website proves it ten-fold! I'm very pessimistic about things but it doesn't stop me from trying. After all, there's 2 Theater of magic machines here in Milwaukee with my initials in the number 1 spot!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-you-have-great-games?tu=Turkey_Robinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.