(Topic ID: 307616)

POLL: How Often Do You Expect To Reach Wizard Modes??

By Mattyk

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How often do you reach the Wizard Mode?”

• Once every 25 games 5 votes
      9%
    • Once every 100 games 12 votes
      22%
    • < 5x per year 9 votes
      16%
    • > 5x per year 2 votes
      4%
    • Never 27 votes
      49%

(55 votes)

#1 2 years ago

As an average pinball player I rarely reach the wizard modes. I had a game I once owned, NBAFB, where I changed settings to add an extra ball after a couple of scoring levels was reached. Well that worked and I started getting to the end (a championship ring in this case) once out of every 25 games or so. This ruined the game for me and I ended up selling it.

On average, how often are you reaching the wizard mode and in doing so does that “ruin” the game for you?

I own a DP and like the game so much I kind of hope I never get to the wizard mode.

#2 2 years ago

I've been to the deadpool wizard mode twice, failed once and won once. I still like to play it, I don't think you'll be looking to sell just because you beat it. Depends on the game as far as how often getting it. I can rule the universe maybe every 20 games. Simpson's? Probably not happening

#3 2 years ago

Metallica I get to wizard mode every 3-5 games.
    It’s fun. Love it.

Maiden, I have yet to get to the beast.
    Play the hell out of it, often. Still love it.
    My fav game and can’t even beat it. Lol

So not sure how to answer that poll.

#5 2 years ago

Never

#6 2 years ago

Cant do it on MM
    Nor have I completed No Fear..

#7 2 years ago

I said never, but really I’ve been to a few. My favorite type of game is where I can accomplish everything needed to get to the wizard mode, just not in the same game. I struggled for years to get to Portal in Tron, and in 7 years of owning it, I got to it exactly once. I like games where you have to have that absolutely perfect rare game to even sniff it.

Quoted from Apollo18:

Metallica I get to wizard mode every 3-5 games.

You get through all 4 Crank It Up modes (the blue light), qualify for a 5th CIU, and start “End Of The Line” every 3-5 games??? Whoops?

#8 2 years ago

It doesn't happen very often but when I get it on Kiss it's a blast.
    I've never done it on Metallica, I've completed one song on crank it up and that's rewarding.

#9 2 years ago

Still can't get a 3rd CIU. Gotta lower the shots required I guess.

#10 2 years ago

Answered never but did hit Monsters of Rock once and was a MB jackpot away from ruling the universe. Ive hit mini wizard modes in TSPP alien invasion and destroyed the ring a few times in LOTR, not sure that one counts. Usually takes some luck and a few extra balls. Ive gotten close to ruling the kingdom in MM once. Ive resigned myself to never seeing final wizard modes in modern games.

#11 2 years ago

I've never even been close.

#12 2 years ago

Never actually only once BOP & it was pretty awesome!!

#13 2 years ago

Never?? Why even code it in?

This question depends on the skill of the player. I consider myself pretty good, so I'd say I like to at least get close every 100 games or so. TZ is too often, but I still love it. Shadow is probably every 100 games, but it is insanely hard to complete the mode.

#14 2 years ago

Double golden horseshoe wizard mode on Fast Draw about 1 in 10 games. The rest of them...highly unlikely.

#15 2 years ago

Totally depends on the game, the geometry and number of shots required, rules, included whether multiballs can be used to take risk out of some deadly shots.

The difficulty of getting there on Metallica was a coding misjudgment. Lowering the shots required is the only way to open up the game and make it more fun. Otherwise you're forced to bang away on the captive ball FOREVER. Too random on the rebounds, which sucks a lot of skill out of surviving the journey.

#16 2 years ago

Some games I set up easy enough that idk if I hit it (LITZ, Monsters of Rock, etc). Even then, it’s tight tilts and hard-to-earn extra balls, if any.

On the other hand, I’ve done Eternal Life and Final Showdown like twice, ever.

Start Do or Die Multiball (Iron Man) or EOTL? LOLLL

I guess it depends on the game.

#17 2 years ago

Glass on, or glass off?

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

As an average pinball player I rarely reach the wizard modes. I had a game I once owned, NBAFB, where I changed settings to add an extra ball after a couple of scoring levels was reached. Well that worked and I started getting to the end (a championship ring in this case) once out of every 25 games or so. This ruined the game for me and I ended up selling it.
    On average, how often are you reaching the wizard mode and in doing so does that “ruin” the game for you?
    I own a DP and like the game so much I kind of hope I never get to the wizard mode.

I expect to get to the Wizard mode every time I hit the start button. The start button usually hits back.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I expect to get to the Wizard mode every time I hit the start button. The start button usually hits back.

Heh. Im that guy who restarts games constantly after starting badly on ball one. Especially if im focusing on getting deep into the game.

I have moved on from games after beating them. I got to the black knight in SOR pretty quickly and moved on from the game somewhat quick. I kind of regret that now as its a fun game. Some I doubt Ill ever reach the end(hello jurassic park)

#20 2 years ago

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one that has a hard time reaching wizard modes.

#21 2 years ago

Depends on the game. MB & CV, I can pretty much do it every time.

Games like TSPP, LOTR, FGY, Stern JP, Godzilla, AC/DC, etc - probably never. I was like 2 shots away on LOTR once…but I’m pretty sure I’ll never get to Valinor.

There are many “sweet spot” games that are really challenging, but I’ve gotten the wiz mode a few times. MM, Met, Shadow…

#22 2 years ago

Got about 1.5 mil away from beating AFM in the Rule the Universe wizard mode. Other than that...nada.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-you-expect-to-reach-wizard-modes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.