4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1439344353365.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hey all
    Just curious what everyone's opinion is. I just finished my gorgar restoration cabinet, bullet proofing boards and playfield 2pac clear coat " kudos to vid1900 ". I waxed everything and I'm good to go. Happy as all hell considering I've never done a restoration before. So the question is how often do you clean and wax and what kind of wax do you use?
    Thanks in advance gang
    1439344353365.jpg

#2 4 years ago

I've got 6 machines and I clean/wax them when they start looking dirty. A detail spray wipedown in between sometimes. 3-4 times a year maybe........

#3 4 years ago

Cool thanks pinkid we play every day so that helps out alot.

#4 4 years ago

Clean it when it's dirty. 6 months?

I don't wax. I've tried it and don't see the point.

#5 4 years ago

I clean every month and wax every couple of months. I clean and wax the balls every month

#6 4 years ago

Every 6 months just before I host an event, so approx every 500 games, oh and I also replace the balls on half my machines and move the 6 month old balls this replacing the year old balls.

I have a massive pile of old balls.....

#7 4 years ago

I wipe down my playfields with a clean cloth weekly but every six months I'll take the playfields apart, clean all the corners and plastic parts, and apply wax to the playfield. I lay down three coats of carnuba wax before re-assembling and then let it rest for a day (which may not be necessary). This is also a good time to change any bulbs or rings and replace the batteries and balls.

It takes about 6 to 8 hours per machine so I pick a long weekend - Thanksgiving and Memorial Day work well. (That's November and May for our friends outside the US )

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I wipe down my playfields with a clean cloth weekly but every six months I'll take the playfields apart, clean all the corners and plastic parts, and apply wax to the playfield. I lay down three coats of carnuba wax before re-assembling and then let it rest for a day (which may not be necessary). This is also a good time to change any bulbs or rings and replace the batteries and balls.
    It takes about 6 to 8 hours per machine so I pick a long weekend - Thanksgiving and Memorial Day work well. (That's November and May for our friends outside the US )

Uh...do you work? And if so, how the hell do you have time to do that AND enjoy your machines?

#9 4 years ago

I generally shop the game when I get it, which obviously includes waxing. Pins only last a year or so in my collection and don't get played a lot. So maybe another wipe down/wax before they leave.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I generally shop the game when I get it, which obviously includes waxing. Pins only last a year or so in my collection and don't get played a lot. So maybe another wipe down/wax before they leave.

Good. I'll take your Whitewater.

#11 4 years ago

I use millwax every 2 weeks on my playfields, I love the shine of the playfields and I like how it makes the game faster. I will typically kill every second Sunday to do all my machines. I like the waxing the balls Idea, I think I will do that as well.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh...do you work? And if so, how the hell do you have time to do that AND enjoy your machines?

That IS enjoying my machines

Playing them is the best but I also look forward to cleaning and maintaining them. I only have a few and I have to block out time twice a year for those big shop-out sessions. It gets easier and quicker each time.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from angryjeep:

Well worth the price:

I've tried it and it seemed to leave a lot of residue everywhere. Millwax if you give it time to dry on the playfield really does a wonderful job. Most guys I've seen don't use millwax or even novis 2 properly, they put it on and wipe off immediately.

#15 4 years ago

Just when they get dirty. Every game I get is completely torn down and cleaned when it comes home. About twice a year I'll go over each game real quick with whatever I can reach. I'm not doing full tear down shops on 41 games every month. Honestly, they don't get played that much that they get *that* dirty. TZ probably needs a full tear down again as it's probably been 6 or 7 years now.

#16 4 years ago

Wipe the rubbers clean w/ naptha and wax w/carnauba wax. Change balls often. Polish in between changes. Metal polish inside an old tube sock works well..............wax isn't hurting anything if done right. To each his own. Nothing worse than a dirty neglected machine 'cause some one is lazy..................your vehicles look good to I bet..............

#17 4 years ago

Blitz is weak sauce

#18 4 years ago

If any of you guys who enjoy cleaning and waxing these things ever need some entertainment in Reno, please give me a call.

I try to wipe off the playfield and wax every 200 games or so. Metallica got done 3 times in a year. The rest don't get played enough to worry about it much.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Blitz is weak sauce

Substantiate?

#20 4 years ago

1st priority for me is changing balls to keep in them top shape. Scuffed up balls do damage

I use a hand held swiffer cloth to get all over the play field.

In a HUO environment i don't feel the need to wax that often.

Depends on quality of play field and clear job. Maybe every 1000-1500 plays

#21 4 years ago

I love waxing games! I use Gold Class or P21s lately. I haven't tried Blitz wax yet.

#22 4 years ago

Usually every 100-200 games or so, which ends up being roughly every 6 months.

#23 4 years ago

Thanks guys I appreciate all the input. Being I did a couple of coats of 2pac and we play every day looks like 6 months to me. . I also like the idea of waxing my ball as well

#24 4 years ago

Personal pref, leaves wax boogers all over the place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 22.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 157.00
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 109.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 21.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 115.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside