1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The frequency which I change out games is:”

• NEVER - Bring 'em in and BOLT 'EM TO THE FLOOR 9 votes
      15%
    • Every year I move a few games around 15 votes
      25%
    • Move a few every couple of years 7 votes
      11%
    • Only once in a great while do I change one 16 votes
      26%
    • Every now and again I just get of them all and bring in all new 0 votes
    • Who cares, if I see a game I want I go for it and figure the rest out later 14 votes
      23%
    • You are nuts. Get a warehouse to stockpile and then rotate them in and out 0 votes

(61 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 1 year ago

Thinking about changing my entire collection to 90's B/Ws. It got me thinking - how often does the average pinhead change up things in their collection?
    Do you move 1 or 2 games and then bring in new every year? Never move 1 out ever - just keep adding?
    Wholesale changes? Am I nuts or what?

#2 1 year ago

Just moved two out and looking for a replacememt. I chose the option move a few every couple of years.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

How often do you change it up?

Whenever the wife is out of town.

#4 1 year ago

All depends on how much I get into the game. Could be 2 months or 3 years. If I don't really play it I see no sense in keeping it around. I also have a lower limit than many people on here. If I could have like 20 games my answer would probably be different.

#5 1 year ago

I’m new to the hobby. In my first year I’ve owned 10 pins. Currently have 4 in the basement. I like change and the excitement of adding something new. This hobby is very addictive

#6 1 year ago

I'm new to collecting, but have been playing pinball for 30 years. I know what I like. I don't like new games. My keepers are early SS Bally and Sterns with an odd Williams, Gottlieb, or Gameplan thrown in. Or an EM or two to change things up. When I buy, it's usually for awhile.

#7 1 year ago

I don’t really change that much. Once in a great while I’ll move one out or in.

#8 1 year ago

My collection has been a revolving door the last 4 years. Many of the same games in and out multiple times. Searching for that perfect blend of games.

#9 1 year ago

I use to change games every few months when I first got into hobby. My stairs in my old house sucked and new house is no better. I have already been through quite a few pins and almost one third of my collection are ones I had before and brought back in again because they were missed. Just have to realize you can't own them all or there are some games you don't wanna own at all.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Thinking about changing my entire collection to 90's B/Ws. It got me thinking - how often does the average pinhead change up things in their collection?
    Do you move 1 or 2 games and then bring in new every year? Never move 1 out ever - just keep adding?
    Wholesale changes? Am I nuts or what?

5 pins is my max. I'll always buy a local good deal and figure it out later, but otherwise when I want a game, the low one on the totem pole has to go for space and dollar reasons. I think I average around 2 games per year, but I don't see that happening this year. Wrestlemania joined the collection last year and that was the only game I bought that stayed, my other keepers are all 3 years plus old in my collection except for Ghosbusters which joined this year and I see that staying quite a while. I'm finally at a point where all the games I have I really like and all are still challenging and fun for me so I am not looking to move anything in anytime soon.

#11 1 year ago

There are no "bolted to the floor" games for me. The longer I do this, the more I'm becoming attracted to solid state games. What DMDs I currently have will most likely be sold/traded this Spring/Summer.

#12 1 year ago

I agree nothing should be sacred - if it doesn't get played out it goes. I think I am going for a blend of 5 B/W and 4 Sterns. It is appealing to have all Sterns because the newer games means more dependability; whereas, with older B/W there are likely to be a few more repairs. That said, I think the perfect collection for me is variety in game play and styles. Now it is debatable as to whether or not I have achieved that in my collection, but nothing is sacred, so I can always change it up...

#13 1 year ago

I did a little changing up last weekend.

End result is near 25 machines left and NO, I mean ZERO licensed themes. Not one. Zilch. No movies, no bands, no stupid TV shows. None.

I've never felt more content with my collection than it sits now.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Whenever the wife is out of town.

And the bridesmaids are in town.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I did a little changing up last weekend.
    End result is near 25 machines left and NO, I mean ZERO licensed themes. Not one. Zilch. No movies, no bands, no stupid TV shows. None.
    I've never felt more content with my collection than it sits now.

Dammit, now I want to see your collection!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Dammit, now I want to see your collection!

Well, it pretty much goes without saying the older EMs are not licensed.

But for more modern games I have-

Stars
    Skateball
    Black Knight 2000
    Earthshaker
    Getaway HS2

And the main gameroom in the house is just lovely. No more machines that look like B movie posters, or flyers for aging rock stars reunion concerts. It's all about originality in pinball now. As it should be...

#17 1 year ago

Now that my acquisition mode is over, I'm good with rotating a couple new titles a year.

Since I focus on new releases, there are pretty regular software updates for multiple titles which keeps things interesting.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For non-licensed modern games I have:
    Stars + Skateball + Black Knight 2000 + Earthshaker + Getaway HS2

I guess you could add Attack from Mars and Big Bang Bar and Theatre of Magic and still be license free?

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I guess you could add Attack from Mars and Big Bang Bar and Theatre of Magic and still be license free?

I suppose if I wanted any of those then yes. Or even Dialed In.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside