(Topic ID: 257030)

How often do you add a machine to your collection?

By Jmckune

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zarco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    20191207_114400_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

As the title says, how many times do you add, not including trade a new machine to your collection. I have gotten the disease and I’m wanting to add a few but I know I need to pace myself so I don’t go broke collecting these things. What is a “reasonable” amount of time before adding another machine?

#11 4 years ago

I kind of inherited my first ones, Bad Cats and Rescue 911 and Apollo 13, BoP was the first one I officially bought. I’m wanting to add a Funhouse or Pinbot but I just got BoP back in August. Having trouble convincing myself to drop 2k on a pinbot or about 4K on a Funhouse even though I know they are good machines I’ll love.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was picking up about one a month until space became an issue.

I wish I had that in my budget. I’m only 23 though and have a house to pay for first. Build up the savings much much slower lol

#25 4 years ago

I have several on my wishlist I would love to get quickly. But realistically my next two goals should be the machines mentioned above as all the other ones on the list go for insane prices for this point in my life. I watch the market every day for a unbeatable deal to come up and sometimes they do, just too far from me. Hopefully it will eventually work out. I’d really like to get a funhouse before pinbot but if it comes down to it I’ll swipe up a good pinbot if a deal comes up that’s not passable.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Focus on house and family before worrying about building a huge collection
    take the time to figure out what type of games you like, how to maintain them

I’ve just purchased the house and it’s going through extensive renovations to modernize it. Good news is I do have a “game room” in it. Has room for about 5 machines+ a sit down Pac-Man that’s being donated to me. Only 2 more machines before one has to go to make room for ones I really want and I’m betting Rescue 911 is gonna be the one heading for the door when the time comes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-you-add-a-machine-to-your-collection?tu=jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.