(Topic ID: 44303)

How often do Slick Chick's show up for sale and what should one pay?

By alb0711

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

014D1010-08C4-46E2-9B28-14FDD255ED03 (resized).jpeg
1626483E-370C-4142-BD5B-48F96C6FA85D (resized).jpeg
9CDC3D69-0F50-4E0D-9A77-6E5FC95392C4 (resized).jpeg
#1 11 years ago

I know I'm going to get some "interesting" replies - but would like to buy my first EM and like the looks of Slick Chick. IPDB says they made 4500 of them - so they must be around. Have been watching ads in the Denver area for a year and have yet to see one for sale. How often do you seem them and what is a fair price?

TIA

Allen

#2 11 years ago

Nice ones don't pop up often. Your best bet would probably be to scour Mr. Pinball. Expect to pay $2500 for a CQ one and maybe $600+ for a beater?

Fantastic game and one hell of a looker!

#3 11 years ago

Its all about condition.
People really like that machine so you could end up paying anywhere from 300 to 1200 IMHO

--Jeff

#4 11 years ago

Check out MPLS craigslist as a guy has been trying to sell his for awhile. It looks nice in the pics and I think he's down to $2500 or so. Good luck!

#5 11 years ago

This guys got one. The cabinets beat, but it works.
http://www.endlesspinball.com/slick-chick-pinball-2850/

#6 11 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

He started higher. Beautiful restoration.

LTG : )

#7 11 years ago

Beautiful machine. It's a shame about those LEDs in it.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Beautiful machine. It's a shame about those LEDs in it.

Can't wait for the day when people pay good money for conversions-back-to-incandescent! Nice looking Chick either way.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This guys got one. The cabinets beat, but it works.
http://www.endlesspinball.com/slick-chick-pinball-2850/

Playfield and backglass look a lot better then the cabinent. Somebody on Mr Pinball wants 4k for what he says is a completly shopped one.

LED's do ruin these old machines. Can't understand why someone would do that to them.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

LED's do ruin these old machines.

But can help preserve the artwork on the backglass.

#11 11 years ago

Contact the guy with the gut in "Special When Lit", he has one in his bedroom. ; )

#12 11 years ago

Must be a rare prototype since it has two gobble holes.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The photos on IPDB.ORG show 2 gobble holes in the center just like this one. Are you seeing something else?

#14 11 years ago

That lower "gobble hole" should have an insert!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

That lower "gobble hole" should have an insert!

Oh I see it now. The special when lit insert is missing. I wonder if an op somewhere along the way removed the insert intentionally to gobble more balls?

Any guess how hard it would be to find an insert that would fit and fill the gobble?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

That lower gobble hole would be more of a stuck hole if a ball goes into it. Too small for a ball to go through.

An insert could be found for that.

Mike O.
Team-EM

11 months later
#17 10 years ago

Finally found my Slick Chick - she's on a truck coming from Nebraska now. Paid $1700 for what I believe is a very good condition machine. Only issue evident from photos is a repainted cabinent where the design was left intact but colors were changed. That should be fairly simple to fix.

I'll post photos of my Chick as soon as I get her setup and ready to play!

#18 10 years ago

Congrats... yeah the cab repaint is the least of your problems...

Very cool !

#19 10 years ago

Congratulations, one of the very best of the 60's wedgeheads!!

5 years later
#20 4 years ago

I got one being fixed up right now. Nice overall for it's age

5 months later
#21 3 years ago

Anyone have a backglass available for a Slick Chick? And one of my pop covers has a chunk broken off. Are those readily available anywhere ?

1626483E-370C-4142-BD5B-48F96C6FA85D (resized).jpeg1626483E-370C-4142-BD5B-48F96C6FA85D (resized).jpeg9CDC3D69-0F50-4E0D-9A77-6E5FC95392C4 (resized).jpeg9CDC3D69-0F50-4E0D-9A77-6E5FC95392C4 (resized).jpeg
#23 3 years ago

Yep ! Just ordered from Shay earlier today! Had one for my 1961 Williams Double Barrel too! I’m stoked! Thanks. Just need to find a good “H” now. Lol

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Anyone have a backglass available for a Slick Chick? And one of my pop covers has a chunk broken off. Are those readily available anywhere ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

as stated shay has the backglass --> http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/
and pinball resoure has the caps --> http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm

#25 3 years ago

Lol beat me to it! I’ll contact PBR for The cap now!

Maybe wrong thread here but you guys don’t have a roto target for a Cow Poke do you? I have a 3 target unit but this needs a 2 target one Needle in a haystack but I’ll keep searching (just put 2 rubbers over the holes for now. Ugh)

014D1010-08C4-46E2-9B28-14FDD255ED03 (resized).jpeg014D1010-08C4-46E2-9B28-14FDD255ED03 (resized).jpeg
11 months later
#26 3 years ago

Iso a slick chick if anyone has one for a cheap price PM me condition working or non working as long as backglass is good condition and playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-often-do-slick-chicks-show-up-for-sale-and-what-should-one-pay?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.