Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by NM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

OP your original post has a typo: "obnoxious" is spelled "A-W-E-S-O-M-E" my friend.

#52 10 years ago

the only "obnoxious" thing is....all the bashers and haters, from about a year ago...who now HAVE ACDC IN THEIR COLLECTION

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

the only "obnoxious" thing is....all the bashers and haters, from about a year ago...who now HAVE ACDC IN THEIR COLLECTION

Lol ya I could name a few thats for sure.

#54 10 years ago

Is "obnoxious" the new term for "a very fun toy, in a very fun game"?

#55 10 years ago

I don't find the cannon obnoxious, just repetitive and slowing of the gameplay after the first day or so.

#56 10 years ago

Hey, I questioned everyone that said its the best ever. Same with people that said the same thing about Tron. I like Tron...but there's no way in hell it's the best ever....ive atill played Tron more thn acdc...and Acdc blows tron away. ACDC might actually be in the discussion of best ever...along with SM, LOTR, and many B/W...and like ALL pins, there's something about it that you'll never get without the ability to push start over and over again, with impunity, day after day. I love the game. I think I love AVLE just as much...but god they are polar opposites in terms if gameplay...and that's a GOOD thing! Because I have them right next torch other.

#57 10 years ago

Let me ask the question in another way. I owned T2 and didn't like the cannon because is was too much stop and go for me. I like non-stop action. I have been considering ACDC and have the money right now but that's a huge purchase for me. Is the cannon better integrated into gameplay than it was in T2? Or will I get the same feeling from this game?

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Is "obnoxious" the new term for "a very fun toy, in a very fun game"?

If so, that makes STTNG twice as obnoxious.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#59 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Well said!

#60 10 years ago

Cannon is great but better positioned on T2 than this game which blocks right lane entirely.

#61 10 years ago

The only criticism I have is that for such a prominent toy, its so cheesy looking....

However, I see there are mods out there to remedy this (Im exploring them now).

In retrospect, though, this WOULD have been a neat area (like the bell) to upgrade for the Premium models...

#62 10 years ago

T2 canon is used way less and much better in my opinion. Also IMO, ACDC canon DOES get in the way sometimes, both in blocking the right inlane and how it's used. I wish there was a "Bell MB" for hurry up for example. That wasn't started with the canon. Once qualified, you had "X" seconds to shoot the bell for a mini mode Bell MB...maybe both playfields going at once for a 20 second frree for all...starting every MB with the canon is a little tedious. MB don't "start" totally hectic...therre's always a pause...and that's not great.

I think the canon in T2 is awesome. And I agree that they are also used alot in STTNG.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hey, I questioned everyone that said its the best ever. Same with people that said the same thing about Tron. I like Tron...but there's no way in hell it's the best ever....ive atill played Tron more thn acdc...and Acdc blows tron away. ACDC might actually be in the discussion of best ever...along with SM, LOTR, and many B/W...and like ALL pins, there's something about it that you'll never get without the ability to push start over and over again, with impunity, day after day. I love the game. I think I love AVLE just as much...but god they are polar opposites in terms if gameplay...and that's a GOOD thing! Because I have them right next torch other.

We tried to tell you but you just didn't want to listen.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Neither STTNG cannon blocks an outlane completely...

#65 10 years ago

Depends whether you have the shaker installed.

#66 10 years ago

How dare you criticize anything about AC/DC on Pinside. When you do that have two flame suits on because they will light you on fire and circle like buzzards then pick your bones clean.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Neither STTNG cannon blocks an outlane completely...

Technically speaking, neither does the Cannon on ACDC--the block occurs on the right inlane.

But ever so slightly, just at the top of the inlane--no biggie (IMO).

My synopsis is Steve Ritchie was clearly more than aware of this fact while building the game--and in fact, designed it into the game to give it a bit more of a challenge.

Because if a player can't handle it..."(they) need more flipper skills"!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-obnoxious-is-the-acdc-cannon/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.