(Topic ID: 109338)

How Much Would You Rent Your House Out For?

By KingNine

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KingNine
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Heres what goes through my small mind. What do you do and who is your client and what does he do. The caliber of the person and what he means or contributes to your business would have a lot to do with the decision. Example If this guy is say Iceman who is a high up mucked muck living in Boerne Texas with the movie stars and the rich people and pays your company a shitpot of money I would say hell yes and rent the house to him for a fair fee OR have a party for your client and let him invite who he wants and take it off your income tax. If the guy is like me who has a used car dealership and is just a common nobody then I probably would not do it. But that is just me

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

If the guy is like me who has a used car dealership and is just a common nobody then I probably would not do it. But that is just me

lol at the post. I wouldn't let you in my house either!

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

lol at the post. I wouldn't let you in my house either!

Funny!

They aren't super rich but they own thier own company and and are far from cheapskates with their business. Service is what they pride themselves on and what has driven them for all these years. I'm still on the fence with this.

#54 9 years ago

If you're going to be there, have a good time. Just make some rules ahead of time and everything will be fine. Section off areas if you must.

#55 9 years ago

The point was that it depends on the caliber of the person. I wouldn't want most of the people I sell to to know my address. Me, I take better care of other peoples things than I do my own. I would give a company party and allow this guy to bring his people and take it off taxes as a business expense.

BTW, Atomicboy, I am a nice guy in person. I just have my opinions and I don't mind sharing them.

#56 9 years ago

You like your collection, and that's great, but only about 4 of your games have a chance of captivating a casual pinball player for longer than 30 seconds.

Your collection isn't what I'd call very newb friendly.

#57 9 years ago

Be sure to circulate several platters of interesting cheeses. I've been buying a lot of Edam, lately, and loving it.

#58 9 years ago

Everytime that I had a party, the people that I worked with or were friends with were respectful, did not get out of line, and had no problems from them. However, there were times when my friends brought over someone that I did not know. Then there were problems from these added guests. Overdrinking, making a mess, breaking things, etc. Generally an attitude of "I don't know this guy and don't give a damn about his house." Things turned up missing, beer taps were stolen, fights were started, so I finally made it crystal clear that I did not want strangers in my house that I personally did not invite when I have the next get together. I would not want 20 people that I did not know in my house. I would not be able to relax at all.

#59 9 years ago

If someone left your property while they were intoxicated and something tragic happened as a result, couldn't you be held liable?

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

If someone left your property while they were intoxicated and something tragic happened as a result, couldn't you be held liable?

I don't think so unless they were still on your property or if they were paying you to serve them alcohol, and they could claim that you over served them. But then again, anybody can sue anybody for anything.

#61 9 years ago

You mention they are a customer,
    so you either have a conflict of interest,
    or you hope to build a stronger relationship.

Quick research will tell you that gaining new customers is far more expensive,
    then spending a little to retain a customer.

So, if they are your customer, and not your friend,
    would you consider having enough of your machines moved to a private banquet facility,
    or hotel banquet room, to host the party, with your machines as the entertainment?
    .Local estimates is $350 to move each machine, with a declining cost for multiples
    .The risk of the insurance are mostly carried by the professional hall
    .The customer can rent the hall direct, and get what they like (food, beverage, cleanup fees)

Are you in the game rental or banquet business? If not, is that what you want to be?

20 is beyond pushing for a favor, while a 6 person dinner party, and you would not even had posted here.

re:How Much Would You Rent Your House Out For?
    $7,000 would buy me a new machine of my choice, so let's start there.

#62 9 years ago

Most here seem to be "glass half empty" kind of guys. Sure, there are lots of reasons not to do it. You could get hit by lightning tomorrow, too, but the odds are extremely slim.

I say go for it. It may be that personal touch that keeps your two companies in good graces.

Quoted from KingNine:

Funny!
    They aren't super rich but they own thier own company and and are far from cheapskates with their business. Service is what they pride themselves on and what has driven them for all these years. I'm still on the fence with this.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Most here seem to be "glass half empty" kind of guys. Sure, there are lots of reasons not to do it. You could get hit by lightning tomorrow, too, but the odds are extremely slim.
    I say go for it. It may be that personal touch that keeps your two companies in good graces.

I agree with Bryan. It would be different if they expected you to hand over your keys but since you will be there and be able to watch over things I say go for it! If anyone gets too drunk .... call a cab as you're responsible for them once they leave your place!

#64 9 years ago

Sheiis your client, you know her better than we do

I wwould say no, and explain by asking how would she feel if one of her staff should break a playfield glass, how would she feel if while playing a game, one of the machines completely shits itself

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

BTW, Atomicboy, I am a nice guy in person. I just have my opinions and I don't mind sharing them.

I was kidding ya wanker didn't my use of emoticons tell you that.

#66 9 years ago

Have you decided yet?

#67 9 years ago

No I haven't. Been out of town all week at IAAPA. Im still wrestling with how much

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-would-you-rent-your-house-out-for/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.