28%
  • 2500-3000 14 votes
    23%
  • 3000 and up 15 votes
    25%

(61 votes)

#1 6 years ago

1. Avengers pro routed

probably has 30,,000 gameplays at least maybe more, never been shopped, a complete work over, Hulks arms never went up...Its the cable, but looks like a PIA to tear down hulk just to connect it.

2. X-Men pro routed

probably has 30,000 gameplays at least maybe more, never been shopped, a complete work over. Wolverine magnet has crated the playfield from mushrooming. probably needs a new playfield

the poll is for each individual game, not sold together

thanks for your suggestions.

#2 6 years ago

Most everyone is going to chime in on this and say you shouldn’t pay more than $100 or something ridiculous like that.

Are you buying them from and operator or collector?

Are they actually for sale? Or are you just offering?

If buying from an operator are they still on route?

Operators don’t like to sell games that make money. If they are on route with 30000 plays they have paid for themselves and making pure profit. If they are in a private collection they won’t be just given away either.

Personally I’d like to be in games like that no more than $2500 but I doubt that is realistic in today’s market. They’d bring more than that at an arcade auction. Just my humble opinion of course

#3 6 years ago

AV - $3000
X-MEN - $3300-3500

$6k for both as a package.

#4 6 years ago

5 grand the pair, if they need a lot of work.

Whether you get them for that is another matter.

rd

#5 6 years ago

Thanks, they both have ticket dispenser s as well. The arcade is closing and he needs money. They are pretty rough. But some elbow grease and lots of parts would get them back in decent action

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Thanks, they both have ticket dispenser s as well. The arcade is closing and he needs money. They are pretty rough. But some elbow grease and lots of parts would get them back in decent action

This may seem cold blooded, but if he needs the money, offer him $5K for both.

Marcus

#7 6 years ago

tough to say without seeing them. sometimes the crazy amount of dirt on the playfield keeps them from getting worn. plus what shape are the cabinets in? tough call.

#8 6 years ago

$4k -4500 for both. 30k plays is a lot, it will take many hours to get the games back up. Avengers huo goes for mid 3k, X-men a bit more.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$4k -4500 for both. 30k plays is a lot, it will take many hours to get the games back up. Avengers huo goes for mid 3k, X-men a bit more.

If there are 30k plays on each then he is 100%profit whatever you offer. I'd do 4000 to 4500 like rob said.

#10 6 years ago

I have had great success letting ops price their own stuff. That is a tough situation with the doors closing and all. He might be looking to just recoup as much cash as he can quickly. I would walk in with a pocket full of Benjamin’s and see what happens

#11 6 years ago

if the xmen pro looks like it needs a playfield because of the magnet, DON'T BUY IT. and it's a pro. 30,000 plays that's a lot. how much is a play? he's probably already made his money back. how much does it cost for parts and labor to install a new playfield. subtract that from 2500. How many hours a day, months, years has that been plugged in and left on. just buy a home use only XMEN or something else. That XMEN is not a classic stern. it's not going to increase in value over time. Each year the desirability of that pin decreases.

#12 6 years ago

why are you even considering these pins? There are so many good deals out there for low play pins. Does it have to be these 2? they are gonna take a dump on you. and you'll have to fix a pin that's decreasing in value. 30,000 plays, THIRTY THOUSAND PLAYS!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from kiter67:

why are you even considering these pins? There are so many good deals out there for low play pins. Does it have to be these 2? they are gonna take a dump on you. and you'll have to fix a pin that's decreasing in value. 30,000 plays, THIRTY THOUSAND PLAYS!

30,000 plays really isn’t that much. The first game I Bought had 78,000 plays on it, and it was and still is in very nice shape.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

30,000 plays really isn’t that much. The first game I Bought had 78,000 plays on it, and it was and still is in very nice shape.

Seriously. Big deal. People just can’t help themselves but to think every game should be HUO with less than 500 plays.

#15 6 years ago

hey CL, would you even consider buying the pin with the bad playfield? it's not one of the better stern pins either. the rating isn't that good. when i think about it, if i am gonna replace the playfield, i am gonna replace the magnet from that area. maybe the magnet is bad and damaging the playfield. i wouldn't wanna resell the machine and not tell the buyer that the magnet ruined the original playfield. I would be pissed off it the seller didn't tell me about it either. If it was an addams family, you're probably gonna get your money

#16 6 years ago

i'm considering them as he needs money, and I wouldn't mind having a project pin to strip down and rebuild if the price is right. if I could get avengers for $2000 I probably would, but the xmen does need a new playfield and a new wolverine

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from kiter67:

hey CL, would you even consider buying the pin with the bad playfield? it's not one of the better stern pins either. the rating isn't that good. when i think about it, if i am gonna replace the playfield, i am gonna replace the magnet from that area. maybe the magnet is bad and damaging the playfield. i wouldn't wanna resell the machine and not tell the buyer that the magnet ruined the original playfield. I would be pissed off it the seller didn't tell me about it either. If it was an addams family, you're probably gonna get your money

Eh, ratings mean nothing. Both are great games. Most of those ratings were from early on anyway and there were significant issues with the games, all of which have been addressed by stern.

#18 6 years ago

I missed the new PF comment on XMEN. $5k is about right for both IMO

#19 6 years ago

if I was buying I would start at $5k and stop at $5500

#20 6 years ago

Seems like a lot of work and a lot of exposure for 5 grand guys. I’d start at 2500-3000 for the pair given the sellers situation and location, value will vary by region of course.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Seriously. Big deal. People just can’t help themselves but to think every game should be HUO with less than 500 plays.

Less than 500 plays is just sad. I play the heck out of my machines. I picked up a TWD LE with only a couple hundred plays, I put over 1000 on it in the first 6 months I owned it and it’s probably double that many by now. I don’t understand owners who look at them more than they play them.

#22 6 years ago

Depends on the “xmen needs a new playfield” comment.

Different people have a different idea of “needs a new playfield”

If all the paint has come off and your ball is rolling on the wood, yeah, that’s a new PF. In that case, $2000 would be more than enough for it.

If it’s got some paint off around the magnet core (which wouldn’t be surprising) you could make up a decal to go around that area and she’ll be sweet.

If it’s got some dimples, it’s fine and it’s worth more.

Such a variable. Can’t tell without seeing them.

New Wolverine is $200 so just get the captive ball mod for <$100. It’s way better anyway.

rd

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Different people have a different idea of “needs a new playfield”

the playfield has sunken in all around the mushroomed magnet core under wolverine...it would play ok as is. it is like a crater that is 3 inches by 3 inches or so.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

the playfield has sunken in all around the mushroomed magnet core under wolverine...it would play ok as is. it is like a crater that is 3 inches by 3 inches or so.

Could possibly be repaired. Otherwise you can still have a lot of fun on a beater!

Just keep in mind that even with a new playfield, an XMen Pro wouldn’t be worth 4K ... maybe 3800 or something I reckon. So 2000-2500 would be plenty to pay as she is.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-would-you-offer-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.