(Topic ID: 165426)

How Much would they have to sell Pabst Game to interest you?

By oropuro

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What price range to think about buying the Pabst or Whoa Nelly”

• $5,000-6,000 0 votes
  • $4,000-4,999 23 votes
    11%
  • $3,000-3,999 52 votes
    25%
  • $2,000-2,999 46 votes
    22%
  • $1,000-1,999 31 votes
    15%
  • Wouldn't buy a Pabst Game 45 votes
    21%
  • Would buy Whoa Nellie! instead 13 votes
    6%

(210 votes)

#1 7 years ago

I am really liking that Pabst Can crusher game, really would like to get one, no way I would pay $6,000, How much would the proce point be for you to think about it seriously? Only played a few games on WHoa Nelly at the NW pin show and it was fun, but was broke down the rest of the show.

#2 7 years ago

What other retheme so for this game? Wish they would retheme wizard of oz! Muppets, goodies or go opposite and do the Army of darkness! Jersey Jack think of the time you could cut,

#3 7 years ago

I don't think you can buy these through the Stern distributors anyhow? From what I understand it is only for large PBR accounts and I would guess to be used as some sort of promo?

#4 7 years ago

I think the price from PBR will be 6

#5 7 years ago

I'd go for $3999.99 delivered

#6 7 years ago

3k, not a penny more. Would rather have a shadow at that price even.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What other retheme so for this game? Wish they would retheme wizard of oz! Muppets, goodies or go opposite and do the Army of darkness! Jersey Jack think of the time you could cut,

A darker theme would be cool as a WOZ retheme (unlikely) or a brand new machine. Not necessarily like horror themed, but something dark.

#8 7 years ago

Absolutely horrible beer and a nice looking but simple game. Personally, it would have to be $3000-3500 tops.

#9 7 years ago

for me, cant be too pricey. its based on old style EM one level, not lots to do, no ramps, magnets, crazy stuff or big toys that would need to be justified in paying high dollar. I'm not bashing that by any means, i do want one, but cant pay a NEW STERN price like for GOT or GB etc. it would be for location only. needs be priced less to make sense for me. takes a long time to pay off on location.

#10 7 years ago

$3k I think would be fair to bad that it's double that. For the price point of an almost Premium level DMD Stern its definitely got to have a very select market of collectors at that price, but I'm just glad they are making and selling pins. Good job Stern!

#11 7 years ago

It would have to start with a 3 (delivered). Same for Whoa Nellie. Great game, waaaaaaay to expensive.

#12 7 years ago

I change my mind $3k even would do it for me.

#13 7 years ago

Because it uses a standard cabinet/legs and not that beautifully created crate artwork, I would say AUD$6k or around USD$4k as it is true art in it's own right, WNBJM or PB at current market prices. Not sure about the head box yet as it looks like an early 80's SS throw back.

#14 7 years ago

It would have to be cheaper than pinballs that have deep rulesets and playfields with modern features like ramps. I can buy used for under 2k that meet those criteria, I doubt anyone can build a Pabst or WN and turn a profit at a price I'd be interested.
Check out all the brands in the Pabst line. Lone Star, Schaffers, Schlitz, Strohs, and a bunch of others.

#15 7 years ago

I voted the $4k-$5k option. But I mean that as retail price. Actual price would have to be a least $1k less than a NIB Stern pro, so like $3.9k tops for me.

#16 7 years ago

They are $6000 if people didn't know, pretty sure available to anyone thru Pabst, and there is no discount for good accounts, I just hope they way over ordered and will be able to get one on loan at least from distributor. So far I wasn't offered a deal and believe me I asked.

#17 7 years ago

http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/

according to facebook post by stern, but i couldnt find it on their store

#20 7 years ago

Ouch, I guess not having a crate makes them cost more. The game looks great and I bet it is fun. That's $1300 more then you can get NIB WNBJM for though, pinflation continues.

#21 7 years ago

i'm dutch, would only buy a Heineken retheme!

#22 7 years ago

No way it's better than Whoa Nellie. That pin is perfect and worth every penny. Plus, it makes sense and I can relate to it. I don't "get" the Can Crusher theme, or the connection between vans and PBR.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No way it's better than Whoa Nellie. That pin is perfect and worth every penny.

I played Whoa at a beercade.....meh, wish I could get those quarters back......Not a fan of this throw back design

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Ouch, I guess not having a crate makes them cost more. The game looks great and I bet it is fun. That's $1300 more then you can get NIB WNBJM for though, pinflation continues.

Donny gotta eat, yo.

#26 7 years ago

S.O.T. Looking up the Pabst Can Crusher pin I saw that "Red Fang" does the music.

You Tubed Red Fang and ih the first video I watched, they destroyed a Galaxy pinball machine!

Pretty good video. Skip ahead to 5:16 for the demise of the game.

#27 7 years ago

wow, 6399 shipped. I'm out. cant make enough return on location at that price. Plus, what if we want to pay our own shipper who knows how much shipping is figured into the 6399.
id rather pay for the game, pay my own shipper.
Its a full blown advertising piece as well for pabst, seems like the price would be lower.
If i place it in a BAR, its pabst advertising.

#28 7 years ago

Ask yourself if you'd like a Pabst at $6300 or something like Met pro/GB pro/etc & $1300.

#29 7 years ago

It would make sense that some executive just wanted it to happen. So they spend a hundred or two hundred grand on these games. Now they can pretend to sell them. A few wealthy collectors will buy them. The rest could be given away in promotions or as gifts to big wholesellers (whatever that is in the beer industry).

It's a nice looking game and Dirty Donny does cool art, but price is no go. Assuming the WNBJM PFs and cabs were already ordered in one large BOM, all the guts remain the same. Stern likely could use a large portion of that BOM for the PBR game. Maybe that helped them recover some loss on WNBJM.

Since I know so much about manufacturing...

#30 7 years ago

They should have made it with new technology like there other games and I would be interested. Why design an old school game and a high price when Pros or Premiums are new style pins with more in them.

#31 7 years ago

#32 7 years ago

You'd have to pay me to take it. The game is really boring in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-would-they-have-to-sell-pabst-game-to-interest-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.