• between 8k and 12k 36 votes
    24%
  • between 12k and 20k 17 votes
    11%

(152 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Just curious, how much people have spent on a MM. This is not meant as a judgement or a gage of the quality of the machine, or when you bought it. I am just curious how much most of them have sold for on average.

#2 9 years ago

I bought 2 yrs ago when route games were 9k. I bought for 8k it was a reimport but nicer than most stuff i had seen.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I bought 2 yrs ago when route games were 9k. I bought for 8k it was a reimport but nicer than most stuff i had seen.

Poll added.

#4 9 years ago

I purchased mine brand new in the box for $2800.00 and i still have it., At that time i was laughed at, ridiculed, made fun of and just about everything else you can think of for spending that much money on a pinball machine back then. ^ Months after getting it the same people started calling asking if i would take 500 more then what i paid for it.,

#5 9 years ago

8K here a while back. Put a lot into it since

#6 9 years ago

$6,500 then I flipped it and made $700 cash.

#7 9 years ago

Paid just under 5 about 10 years ago. Thought it was a huge amount of money to put down on a pin, went back and forth and finally decided to take the plunge - it's the pin I've now owned the longest.

#8 9 years ago

$3100 at an auction in Louisville Kentucky in 1999. By far the most I'd spent on a single pinball machine up to that point.

#9 9 years ago

Hey viper was that auction in a snowstorm? If so I was at that one and bid against you

#10 9 years ago

Under 5K from a local buddy in 1999 (but it was mint and not an auction turd like Viper's And yes, I think that was a snowstorm auction he went to....

#11 9 years ago

$4650 in the mid 2000's, unfortunately at that time the CDN$ was in the mid 60 cent range, so I remember it being close to a $7K bank withdrawl , almost double the most I had ever spent on a pin before that. No regrets!

#12 9 years ago

So far the results are what I would expect. Most people have not paid crazy money for their MM.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

So far the results are what I would expect. Most people have not paid crazy money for there MM.

At least not the ones that want to admit it.

#14 9 years ago

I paid 6500 about 2 years ago. Put a couple grand into it and had it for 11months before selling to a new happy owner.

I could not justify having that kind of cash wrapped up in a title that was similar fun as many other games I now own for a fraction of the cost. That said, if money was not an issue I would buy it back in a heart beat as it is still a super fun game.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

So far the results are what I would expect. Most people have not paid crazy money for there MM.

So what is the point of any of this?

Also, we have a total that's under 50 votes… isn't there like 4500 MM's pins?

Not sure what you're trying to learn from this poll but like most polls its pretty much worthless… phffff

#16 9 years ago

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

So what is the point of any of this?
Also, we have a total that's under 50 votes… isn't there like 4500 MM's pins?
Not sure what your trying to learn from this poll but like most polls its pretty much worthless… phffff

If you reread the OP I explain what the point is. If you don't care to participate you don't have to.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If you reread the OP I explain what the point is. If you don't care to participate you don't have to.

I'm glad you found the results you were looking for… looks like everyone got their MM real cheap…

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

looks like everyone got their MM real cheap…

Not everyone.

#20 9 years ago

All it shows is that pinsiders know the market and people. We understand where and how to find a good deal.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm glad you found the results you were looking for… looks like everyone got their MM real cheap…

Didn't get mine cheap.... Teekee....

I participated anyway!

#22 9 years ago

feel lucky.. got mine two years ago in MD at estate sale, they had it listed for 11500 got it for 8k cash after talking to them for awhile. after i got it home and wiped off a layer of dirt i realized it was a HUO. i would never sell it.

#23 9 years ago

$9750 + shipping from Ohio in 2007. HUO w/ a NOS proto playfield had just been installed by Mike McAndrew when I bought it. Bought from Grover Gibson. Still have it and always will.

Todd

#24 9 years ago

$4700 WAAAAAY back probably been 10 years ago now. I will never sell. It's my keeper.
2700 TOTAN
2500 AFM
5800 CC
2800 MB
2700 SS

All bought way back when prices were sane.

#25 9 years ago

Mine was $5,900 shipped back in 2007 if I remember correctly...

Rob
robsgameroom.com

#26 9 years ago

I got one for $3000 in the mid-2000s. It sat basically unplayed next to my AFM, so I got rid of it.

#27 9 years ago

I bought mine for $3300 shipped to me around 2000-01.

#28 9 years ago

I hate you all...lol I paid NZ$14.5k which is about 12.5k US but it was a game I just had to have, is in awesome condition and is never leaving my gamesroom.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I hate you all...lol I paid NZ$14.5k which is about 12.5k US but it was a game I just had to have, is in awesome condition and is never leaving my gamesroom.

I assume the supply of available pins and ease of making a deal happen in NZ compared to the US is the big factor too. How much does an AC/DC Prem end up being after shipping and taxes?

#30 9 years ago

Mine was NIB in August 1997.

Total was $3855 with tax/delivery and I later found out I "overpaid" as a retail customer by paying MSRP on the machine and by buying from a local NY distributor that did nothing for me. If I knew then what I knew now, cost would have probably been $500-$700 less.

Spent another $1k or so in ramps/game-specific parts/assemblies bought at discount when WMS went out of business and recently added about $500 to my total cost with ColorDMD and cliffys recently.

Just set the game up in my new game room after a long playing hiatus - 1723 lifetime plays so far (though a couple hundred probably weren't real games played), with 3 cleaning/waxes so far, another soon. (Since MM was my first NIB game, I've been a little anal about changing batteries and keeping track of lifetime audits. Still haven't put in the latest ROMs since I think that will reset them).

Post edited by jfh: Really not a time traveller

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mine was NIB in August 1977.

Dang you got in way early!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mine was NIB in August 1977.

Time traveller!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I assume the supply of available pins and ease of making a deal happen in NZ compared to the US is the big factor too. How much does an AC/DC Prem end up being after shipping and taxes?

AC/DC was NZ$10k so about $8.3k US.

Not only the availability but also is costs about $1k to get a pin here from the US plus 15% tax so it puts the cost up.

#34 9 years ago

Must've been a prototype.

#35 9 years ago

Mine was £3.5K, so around $5,800 4yrs ago

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Didn't get mine cheap.... Teekee....
I participated anyway!

You're not alone… the hundreds that changed hands over the last 6-7 years were not cheap. You're just one of the few that decided to admit it. Some here even claim to have bought theirs 20 years before it was even produced! gotta love Pinside polls!

#37 9 years ago

LOL! Fixed the typo.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

AC/DC was NZ$10k so about $8.3k US.
Not only the availability but also is costs about $1k to get a pin here from the US plus 15% tax so it puts the cost up.

Ok... If we adjusted for outside of the US MM's the poll would be a bit more on the "cheaper" side, it seems.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hey viper was that auction in a snowstorm? If so I was at that one and bid against you

It was indeed! I still remember sliding the game into the open bed of my pickup truck after busting out all the ice from that storm. I actually credit the weather that day with getting a better deal than I would have if the money folks had been willing to come out that day.

#40 9 years ago

Sigh............ Yet another thread with thumbs down to Teekee. I will miss his trolling, negitive attitude, and false statements. IGNORE

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I paid 6500 about 2 years ago. Put a couple grand into it and had it for 11months before selling to a new happy owner.
I could not justify having that kind of cash wrapped up in a title that was similar fun as many other games I now own for a fraction of the cost. That said, if money was not an issue I would buy it back in a heart beat as it is still a super fun game.

Care to elaborate what games? My wife loves MM and I doubt we will ever own one.

#42 9 years ago

I bought a routed MM at the going price about 3yrs ago for around $7.5k. Put another $4.5k into it when I restored it and added a number of mods. Of course, now it's not worth what I have in it given MMr. Even though it would be the last pin I would sell or trade it was nice knowing I could get my money back if I did. But, lesson learned I held off on buying a CC given the MMr announcement.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Care to elaborate what games? My wife loves MM and I doubt we will ever own one.

Check out my collection. I personally enjoy FT, Congo, RS, Stargate, RFM much more in total than I even got out of MM.

I bought all of those games with the $ I got from selling MM and still had some cash left over for parts and mods.

Lately my collection has gone to the odd and non-popular stuff like Tx, robo, night moves, tee'd off and those are pennies compared to MM cost. When working I am sure I will enjoy those 4 games more than I got out of MM and they may be a combined total of 3k in purchase cost.

#44 9 years ago

I've had 5 MM, I bought my first back in 2002ish for $4200 also picked up an Adams family for $1800 at the same time. My current MM was purchased after the MMr announcement and it cost way more than my first but it is a full Keller restore and it is stunning to behold!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Check out my collection. I personally enjoy FT, Congo, RS, Stargate, RFM much more in total than I even got out of MM.
I bought all of those games with the $ I got from selling MM and still had some cash left over for parts and mods.
Lately my collection has gone to the odd and non-popular stuff like Tx, robo, Night Moves, Tee'd Off and those are pennies compared to MM cost. When working I am sure I will enjoy those 4 games more than I got out of MM and they may be a combined total of 3k in purchase cost.

I recently fell in love with Congo. Hopefully when money is available I am able to find one for a decent price. I really enjoy stargate as well. Never played RS but desperately want to. RFM is on my list as well. Not really a fan of FT, my friend have one so I can play it when ever I want as well.

#46 9 years ago

Those are all very differnet games. RS and RFM are linear but a great challenge to see how far you can get. Also RS is one of the most unique shot layouts and great use of 4 flippers. RFM is just plain fun and really funny game.

Sgate is the best DMD GTB game and a great shooter plus good multiball training. Really fun and probably the 4th deepest game ever made (behind WOZ, TSPP, and LOTR).

FT is an ass-kicker and great when you only have time for 5 3-min games rather than 1 15 min game on something else

Take home message is 1 MM or 5 other great games. I think I made the right decision

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're not alone… the hundreds that changed hands over the last 6-7 years were not cheap. You're just one of the few that decided to admit it.

I will admit that I sold it for exactly what I paid, and it was a HEP. Selling it opened up all kinds of other opportunities for my gameroom, and I haven't missed it. But I do know where I can go play it.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

RFM is one of the most unique shot layouts and great use of 4 flippers. RFM is just plain fun and really funny game.

What's even funnier is that RFM only has two flippers ...

#49 9 years ago

Mine was $4500. - 10 years ago , Still have it ! I also bought a TAF for $2126. off eBay in 05 .

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What's even funnier is that RFM only has two flippers ...

yeah, yeah... I suck I typing. You probably knew I meant RS anyway -

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-was-your-mm-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.