Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200625_203717 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Curious to know, did you ever feel that you had TOO MANY machines?

For me, it's the feeling of just having too many machines to work on and tinker with.
    But perhaps it's anxiety around storage issues, or feeling like you just aren't enjoying them all as much as you could/should?

#18 3 years ago

For the record, I don't feel like I have too many games myself. But I was thinking about a conversation I had with someone else who just had so many projects, and then I was thinking about how little time I had to actually play my own games due to a heavy year of overtime.
    I don't have the room for it, but I've dreamt about having like 20 games at once, but I feel like at that point I'd want to have a tech I just hire on the regular because I don't think I could get them all taken care of!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah my key to staying happy is to keep it to 1 project or less at all times.

sage advice!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Ease up on the projects and treat yourself to a nice working example every once in a while.

I did that for almost the first time ever, buying JP Pro recently. tbh it's been great and I wonder if I eventually switched my line-up to all as-new machines if I'd actually miss the big shop jobs...
    I started in the hobby with little money but some time, and bought projects and basket-cases. Now I have a bit more money, and way less time, so having just 3 modern machines eventually appeals to me...

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. My wife said she never wanted games above the basement and I fully agreed. Maybe a cool old pre war game for my office, but that’s it.

it is my collection of art books that spans 3 floors of the house, but at least that looks good from a design standpoint (all neat in shelves, and really if you've ever seen Architectural Digest photos, they always stage homes to look classy by putting art books everywhere, right???)
    My games all have to fit in to a back storage area / game room, excluding stuff I'm storing at friends' houses. (my only exception to that rule will be when I finds the 1950s Mills slot machine of my dreams, because that will be a good display piece outside of the game room)

My partner and I recently did a re-assessment of how we're using the house and the only change we decided on was to free up more room for exercise equipment in the basement. (treadmill, spin bike, free weights) that all took priority because we're not going back to gyms any time soon.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The sole reason why I have a bunch is I love to run tournaments and I bring lots of games to Pincinnati.
    I landed on 16 so I can have a good mix from each era which I think is essential for every tournament.
    Also allows me to setup mini events like pinburgh where each group plays a bank of games from all eras.

I know a handful of people like you, and so thank you so much for doing what you do. It's hard for some to get 1 or 2 machines to a show, but there are a few folks that bring a row almost every year. It really keeps the shows alive and thriving. (remember pinball shows??? 2021, fingers crossed...)
    And of course the people that host tournaments at their home collections are up there too in the pinball karma department.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah definitely not fun to move a lot of games, but I learned from the best in Phoebe and Larry of the Cincy pinball group. They show up big to so many shows each year. Once you have the system down, it’s not too bad.

friend of mine installed a winch for the annual move to the show!

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ever since I hired a tech guy to fix stuff and update I’ve enjoyed pinball x10!

Do you have him coming by for a regular monthly maintenance, or just ad-hoc?
    As much as I enjoyed everything I learned fixing up project machines for years, my goal would be to one day have a lineup of like 6-10 machines and have a tech come take care of them for me.
    Mind you, I also swore I'm never moving again until I retire, so I might just be at 3 (full-size) pins for a while yet.
    these are not bad problems to have.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-was-too-much?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.