Image_1.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg
IMAG0025.jpg
IMAG0024.jpg
photox_4.JPG
photox_5.JPG
photox_2.JPG
ice_man.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I'm tired of the shiny silver trim around the decals. I want a cool looking iced over ramp.

#2 11 years ago

You should talk to Alex Levy about this.... He seems to be the master powder coater these days.

#3 11 years ago

Def talk to Alex!

#4 11 years ago

Is this ramp plastic or metal? I have no idea.

#5 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/formal-powder-coat-pricing

I highly recomend Alex. Only 20 for a siderail so I can't imagine more than that for just the ramp unless its a crazy color.

#6 11 years ago

Hey. The iceman ramp is metal right? It would be 25 single stage 35 2 stage. You want it a white sparkle so it looks like snow?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hey. The iceman ramp is metal right? It would be 25 single stage 35 2 stage. You want it a white sparkle so it looks like snow?

Dude Awesome, I appreciate it. Metallic white sparkle with a hint of light blue IF possible. I was thinking it was you who did this. I liked fattrains CV wire ramps. 2 stage please and yes its metal.

#8 11 years ago

Hint of blue..hmmm. Ill have to think. The pearl white with the sparkle clear coat is awesome. There will be tons of color in it. Hard to get a hint of blue into white. It's easy to get a hint of white into blue but that becomes the predominate color. But white sparkle will look amazing.

P.S. I am in Tempe regularly. My company has an office on south priest.

#9 11 years ago

That's just a few streets down from me, small world. The white sparkly one that you mentioned sounds perfect.

#10 11 years ago

That's a really good idea.... The ramp isn't only annoying the way it works at the moment, it kinda looks like crap!

Count me in on this if you need more to make a batch worth it please!

#11 11 years ago

Alex, do you have a picture of that color - sounds like it could come out nice.

Anybody have a concern with the added weight to the ramp for either sag or motor fatigue?

Scott

#12 11 years ago

Won't add any weight to talk about.

Take a look at this color. Probably what I would go with.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/UMB-1536/

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

That's a really good idea.... The ramp isn't only annoying the way it works at the moment, it kinda looks like crap!
Count me in on this if you need more to make a batch worth it please!

Get me 5 folks and ill knock it down to 30 each. Isn't really any markup in it as I have to spend 49 bucks on powder for it

#14 11 years ago

Removing the stickers might be a PITA...

Another idea...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmle-iceman-ramp-icicles-mod-done-pics

#15 11 years ago

Nah.. quick sandblast or a dip in the stripper.. They will come right off. You should see the crap ive gotten off. Stickers are no match

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

a dip in the stripper..

Sounds kinky

LOL j/k

#17 11 years ago

I've got the icicles on mine, it was a great idea and works/looks really good. They'll look even better on the paint I think, the decals kinda suck and the metal showing everywhere really throws it off. Just having the ramp all the same color will look better.

I do have the hemi flashers on mine as well. They look good but I don't know if I'll put them back on like the icicles.

We'll see if anyone else jumps on board here, if not I'll be in touch alex. All your jobs look fantastic, wish I had something else worth coating but I like all the original coats on my STTNG and LOTR.

#18 11 years ago

No worries . Send the ramp if you want. I'm doing Donny's.

#19 11 years ago

Im sure other owners would agree the ramp needs improvement.

ice_man.jpgice_man.jpg

#20 11 years ago

I wish there was a better pic of that powder color. On my screen it just looks like a flat white.

#21 11 years ago

What I did...

photox_2.JPGphotox_2.JPG photox_5.JPGphotox_5.JPG photox_4.JPGphotox_4.JPG

#22 11 years ago

Play upside down ?? LOL

#23 11 years ago

If I could do it again, I'd powder first... That would improve what I did.

#24 11 years ago

Oh what a feelin, playin pinball on the ceilin.

#25 11 years ago

:

Quoted from asnatlas:Play upside down ?? LOL

It's right side up on my iPad. Not sure why it does that

#27 11 years ago

Zdoor, how did you add the LEDs ?? When I first saw the icicles mod, first thing that popped into my head was how I could add some LEDs to light them up, LOL

#28 11 years ago

They are 3528 led strips wired to the right ramp flasher. I also changed the flasher to a clear dome with blue led 89 bulb. Mounted the strips to the ramp first. Faux painted the clear icicles so the LED's would be muted some but left the back clear so they would glow a bit. Then used hot glue to tack the icicles over the led strips. Also installed 5050 rgb led strips under the cab. The blue circuit of the led strip is wired to the same flasher. It's a really cool effect.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

The white sparkly one that you mentioned sounds perfect.

Don't know why this strike me as funny, but that is something I thought I would never read on a pinball forum.

#30 11 years ago

What did you use to secure the icicles to the ramp ?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What did you use to secure the icicles to the ramp ?

I used Uglu for that and some other things like the Beast and Iceman busts. It holds really well and comes right off clean if/when you need to remove it, even on plastics. I went right up and around the outer part of the plastic ramp up there as well.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

:

It's right side up on my iPad. Not sure why it does that

You took the picture with the iPad oriented the wrong way. The iPhone does this too, very annoying bug.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I wish there was a better pic of that powder color. On my screen it just looks like a flat white.

Seal,

Figure a sparkly pearl white with a purplish blue undertone

#36 11 years ago

I sent mine out for this cool look. I cant wait to get it back looking all high end.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I sent mine out for this cool look. I cant wait to get it back looking all high end.

Post pics when you have it installed. Would love to see how it turns out.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Do you want it in Gloss powder or Matte powder with sparkle? It is "snow" afterall

#39 11 years ago

Sparkle with bling please. I want it to look like snow

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I think you had a great idea, I'm going to send mine out as well. Did quite a bit to the ramp and it did look better, but the metal all along the top on both sides just doesn't look good with the decal.

Besides I'm still working on my Wolverine figure girdle, and for the first time since I bought don't really care if I can't play for awhile while the ramp is gone.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I'd like to see how it comes out also. Please post pics

#42 11 years ago

No problem guys, I will post plenty of pics of it when its installed.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I think you had a great idea, I'm going to send mine out as well. Did quite a bit to the ramp and it did look better, but the metal all along the top on both sides just doesn't look good with the decal.
Besides I'm still working on my Wolverine figure girdle, and for the first time since I bought don't really care if I can't play for awhile while the ramp is gone.

What are you doing to the girdle?

#44 11 years ago

Count my ramp in, I will get it in the mail next week to you Alex.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

What are you doing to the girdle?

I posted my Wolverine surgery in this thread on the last page. His back broke out so I thought I'd try some things. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live/page/14#post-576294

Problem is my laces are where the mount needs to go to get him shifted over to where he should be, he ended up back in the Beast lane just about how he was when the game shipped. Stern is sending me another Wolverine though, and I think I might try a little cleaner version. If I can get the mount right in the first place, and lace it up instead of zip ties it won't even be noticeable, he'll just be thinner as he should have been.

Not something I would suggest anyone else try though... it's pretty stupid lol. But I would suggest keeping an eye on his back as mine was really weak to have broken so quick!

#46 11 years ago

Ok so what i am doing is a Pearl White with a sparkle clear on it.

Todd send it away.. i have 2 already. 3 ramps makes it much easier for me to get done.

#47 11 years ago

Bump on this.. I have 2 ramps already... anyone else want to send theirs? Pearl White, Sparkle Clear..

Trying to do a huge batch of Pearl White...

P.S. The icicles will look even better on top of the pearl white.

#48 11 years ago

I'm interested, but I'd like to see how they turn out before I commit. Can you please post some pics of your first batch when they're done?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

No problem guys, I will post plenty of pics of it when its installed.

I can't wait to see this. Will probably have mine done too.

#50 11 years ago

Pics coming in a day or 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-to-powder-coat-ice-mans-ramp-x-men-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.