(Topic ID: 54987)

How much to get new decals professionally installed?

By IdahoRealtor

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2003.jpg
    IMAG1994.jpg
    IMAG1991.jpg
    IMAG1989.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

I get asked this now and then and I tell everyone the same thing. I won't do the decals unless I restore the entire cabinet, inside and out. Most everything inside the cabinets has to come out in order to do this and it doesn't cost much more to clean it all before putting it back in.

$1250 if you pull the playfield or $1500 if I have to pull it and put it back in. When you get it back, it'll look brand new.

There're guys around that'll do just decals for $500 or so, but why not do it right if you're taking it that far.

#8 10 years ago

Oh sure, you can get it done for that, Justin and you'll get what you paid for. I have a guy who paid $300 for a complete playfield swap and he now wants me to do it again because he got what he paid for.

Quoted from fattrain:

Call me crazy but that seems excessively high, I'd rather try it myself 4 times to get it right @ $300 per decal set for that price
    I was thinking more in the 200-500 range for install + your decal cost

#10 10 years ago

I'll do it for a grand if you send me the empty cabinets. That means you pull everything and put it all back in.

#16 10 years ago

Again, it all depends on what you want. Do you just want new artwork installed to make the outside look pretty? Do you want the inside to look as nice. Do you want the back redone with new screened warning test? Do you want the back of the cabinet redone? Do you want the underside of the cabinet to look like new?

The $300 playfield swap got just that. Everything swapped to a new playfield. That's actually a bargain. It just so happens the guy now wishes everything had been cleaned and rebuilt to make it look new.

#19 10 years ago

No idea on the shipping, although I've had populated playfields sent FedEx. I forget the amount.

All the cabs I've done have been local or close enough they can be delivered.

Quoted from NM:

Bryan: guessing other shipping options open up with an empty cabinet--who do you use for this, FedEx Freight?
    And what's a typical amount to ship an empty cabinet (vs. the typical NAVL charge of $350 door-to-door for an assembled game)?

#24 10 years ago

Now you're just showin off, Jimmy..

Nice to see I'm not charging too much.

Quoted from McCune:

This is cabinet deal job cost around 1500.00 . You can't get this type of work done just anywhere . That included, tear down and complete rebuild of the cabinet ,new chocks,ground braid ,shop out decals and screen printing warning text. You can get it done for cheaper but you get what you pay for !
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104320292970617159030/albums/5876951993157493969?authkey=CPSpp5noisemAQ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-to-get-new-decals-professionally-installed?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.