(Topic ID: 146992)

How much of your pin time is used for Pinside?

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much Pin time spent on Pinside vs. actual machines?”

• 0-10%...I don't post much, play alot 11 votes
      13%
    • 11-25%....I enjoy playing, but also have a healthy dose of Pinside 21 votes
      25%
    • 26-49%....I'm getting lazier, or really enjoy engaging in the threads 11 votes
      13%
    • 50% or more.....I might have a problem....the machines may revolt soon 40 votes
      48%

(83 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

As my enjoyment for the hobby increases, I find the amount of time spent on Pinside actually has increased to the point that sometimes I spend more time here than on my pins ( alone here?). I have about 30 hours a week (!) that can be put into " pin time" around the house. So I've added a poll.....cast your vote on what percentage of your pin time goes to Pinside instead of the machines ( think my # is around 25%)....curious where my #'s fit in with other Pinsiders....

#2 8 years ago

0% of the time I could be playing my pins.

#3 8 years ago

Too much

It's fun, though And being able to correspond with all sorts of talented folks is a mighty helpful and interesting as well

#4 8 years ago

I've gone the opposite. As I spent more time on Pinside I wanted to play more so I opened a location with friends and now my Pinside time has gone way down along with my play time ironically enough but it's very rewarding creating a place for pinheads to gather every week.

#5 8 years ago

I check pinside every day in the evenings. Maybe an hour or two a day.

#6 8 years ago

With a new baby and a small house I don't get much chance to play pinball at the moment due to the noise 30 mins a week if I'm lucky. Truly tragic. So I compensate with Pinside and tournament footage on YouTube

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

0% of the time I could be playing my pins.

Very good answer...I used to be that way, but am drifting......

#8 8 years ago

I use my pin time as more of a head eraser. Four kids, and work with everything else, I use my pin time to escape.
    And I try to check the site on the regular, for mods and knowledge.

#9 8 years ago

Very little. Now work time, that's another story.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wyopinball:

I use my pin time as more of a head eraser. Four kids, and work with everything else, I use my pin time to escape.
    And I try to check the site on the regular, for mods and knowledge.

You and I are very similar in this area....pins are the ultimate escape device for me ( that my Wife will let me pursue, as I don't actually leave the house to escape )

#11 8 years ago

As a first time pin owner I spend a lot of time here trying to soak up every bit of info I can. The knowledge and great people here willing to help is just awesome.

#12 8 years ago

I haven't played my machines since I joined Pinside. Can somebody come over here and tell me how my GOT LE is?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I haven't played my machines since I joined Pinside. Can somebody come over here and tell me how my GOT LE is?

Probably not that good....Think you should just send it to me and I can evaluate for you ( probably take a year or so, have to be thorough)....least I can do to help...

#14 8 years ago

Oh, alright...

#15 8 years ago

Trend definitely appearing in the poll....I don't feel so bad now......

#16 8 years ago

Right now I use more Pinside, but once I get my EMs working the story will change. EMs are addictive!

#17 8 years ago

In my case, a better poll would say "How much of your work time is used for Pinside."

#18 8 years ago

Well, I look at pinside all day long like an addict (it is always open in a window on my computer); however, when I get home at night, the machines get ALL the attention. If I could put a pin in my office then pinside would fall away. I just use pinside to feed my addiction - besides it helps keep me from getting the withdrawal shakes...

#19 8 years ago

I HAVE to be on Pinside all day. Without fail, there's always some new douchebag taking a swipe at me (I'm looking at YOU, Skypilot, Yzfguy, Taxman, and Rcbrown316!!!), so I have to be on my toes.

#20 8 years ago

Used to be on PS more, but now it seems like every post turns into a kindergarten fighting match, pissing contest. #Pinballdrama, yawn.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

In my case, a better poll would say "How much of your work time is used for Pinside."

Ha...don't think we need a poll for that....I keep it running in the background all day (even on my iPad while @ the hospital during meetings...)....they think I'm taking notes.....

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Well, I look at pinside all day long like an addict (it is always open in a window on my computer); however, when I get home at night, the machines get ALL the attention. If I could put a pin in my office then pinside would fall away. I just use pinside to feed my addiction - besides it helps keep me from getting the withdrawal shakes...

Should have added "how many people have pinside running while they are playing?" I do that all the time......I'm addicted, I tell you....

#23 8 years ago

Wife actually ventured into the gameroom "quietly" then wanted to see what I was doing on my iPad, because it's always on.....I just handed it to her..(think it was in a TRONve debate at the time)......she just handed it back, shook her head and walked back upstairs.....

#24 8 years ago

I have a desk job that isn't terribly demanding of my time so I have plenty to read on Pinside.

With a baby at home and a garage full of projects, I rarely play anymore.

#25 8 years ago

Sometimes to much pinside. Sometimes to much pinball depends. The more i play the more i find wrong which brings me back to pinside were i get help on fixing and chasing more machines which need more fixing. So I'm screwed either way. I can't be the only one who has this problem.

#26 8 years ago

As websites go, it's got it all for me: relaxing, humorous, informative and get this ~ no pop-ups! So I don't feel bad being on it for any amount of time. I know I should be out there trying to discover the cure for the common cold or something worthwhile, but at some point I need to get off the treadmill of life, pour a dram of scotch and get on Pinside

#27 8 years ago

I spend less and less time here. When I was a newb I lived here to learn.Now its different People get to easily offended. I stay now to help out newer pinheads ,show some restoration info and keep in tune with pin news.

Oh yeah!, and to remind Boob he's an ass hat .

#28 8 years ago

I still find it very enjoying, even though some of the ass clowns can be annoying ( but honestly, no one has ever really pissed me off....it's only pinball).

REALLY like getting great tech and mod insight ( where else can you find that)....and some of the humorous stuff is really fun to engage with. Personally, LOTS more cool, helpful people on here, than idiots.....

Encouraged by many newbs showing up, with genuine passion for the hobby....

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

As websites go, it's got it all for me: relaxing, humorous, informative and get this ~ no pop-ups! So I don't feel bad being on it for any amount of time. I know I should be out there trying to discover the cure for the common cold or something worthwhile, but at some point I need to get off the treadmill of life, pour a dram of scotch and get on Pinside

This^^^^^^ ( except I think you already found the cure for common cold.....more Scotch!!! ( could be wrong, but check w Flank on this...)

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

With a new baby and a small house I don't get much chance to play pinball at the moment due to the noise 30 mins a week if I'm lucky. Truly tragic. So I compensate with Pinside and tournament footage on YouTube

I am in the exact same boat. I have 4 month old in my arms most of the day while wife works, so being here helps kill time.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

I am in the exact same boat. I have 4 month old in my arms most of the day while wife works, so being here helps kill time.

You guys are lucky, trust me....the machines will be patiently waiting for you.....the kids?....grow up too fast....I'm sure you've heard that a million times, but it's true...

#32 8 years ago

I play pinball a couple hours a day at least, but probably spend at least that much on pinside throughout the day too. I bet if I took stats pinside would be more though.

I don't use Facebook, Reddit, or other social networks at all though. This is pretty much it for me with the occasional post to Instagram or Twitter.

#33 8 years ago

I have a wicked basement full of pins, but still spend more time on Pinside.

#34 8 years ago

It appears the messenger " Pinside" is more addictive than the message " Pins "themselves......not necessarily a bad thing...machines will live longer.......

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I stay now to help out newer pinheads ,show some restoration info and keep in tune with pin news.
    Oh yeah!, and to remind Boob he's an ass hat .

I don't need to be reminded.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-of-your-pin-time-is-used-for-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.