(Topic ID: 310278)

How much money do you have in pins (current value)?

By arcyallen

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the current market value of your personal collection?”

• $0 11 votes
    2%
  • $1-5k 15 votes
    3%
  • $5k-15k 50 votes
    11%
  • $15k-30k 82 votes
    18%
  • $30-50k 51 votes
    11%
  • Over $50k 116 votes
    25%
  • Over $100k 135 votes
    29%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220204_232200 (resized).jpg
20220204_232128 (resized).jpg
CD9EC9A7-C78B-48E8-AFA5-98871BF4FF3F (resized).jpeg
FCA95A94-1F55-42E6-8226-FD50AA293B5B (resized).jpeg
mindol (resized).jpg
695F0140-2A15-424D-9F04-4EB6A971A86C (resized).jpeg
23AD0125-E531-4155-9027-56CC0368152D (resized).jpeg
2E4A65B9-0617-4541-914C-080CBEFE7D11 (resized).jpeg
FEF4626C-67B4-484B-9E7B-36A2A1F955CE (resized).jpeg
91B2FB7D-B5F8-420D-82FF-ECFE4264449A (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
20220218_055114 (resized).jpg
16451796559028381024863691654799_609384753758428 (resized).jpg
B817485A-60FC-4AEC-BC15-55296B5123B7 (resized).jpeg
20220217_171707 (resized).jpg
car (resized).jpg
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

I'm very intrigued by the pin market, and am curious: How much money (current value) do you currently have in pins for personal use? Feel free to include pins that are paid for but haven't arrived yet. It -feels- like everyone has multiple NIB pins on order. Either everyone is accumulating or just swapping. Either way, add 'em up and let us know!

#2 2 years ago

In before it gets hot: With current market prices, approx. $60k, TZ, IJ, CV, LOTR, WOZ. But that’s theoretical as I don’t plan on ever selling. GZ Premium on pre-order.

#3 2 years ago

Paid? Or market value which seems to change daily...

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Good question! I took it as money out of pocket, but could be perceived as market value as well…

#5 2 years ago

A lot less than I used to, a lot more than I want.

#6 2 years ago

It's funny, I've got more than I'd care to admit in pinball machines. It is hard to tell someone that your pinball machines are worth more than your car. However, if I sold mine today I'd make a profit, so how much do they cost really? I've probably put about 1/2 as much into my collection as its worth between all the buying/selling/trading and fixingup/repairing/restoration I've done though.

#7 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 2 years ago

I don´t have any money in my pins, I store my money in the bank

#9 2 years ago

A good amount, but I consider it money well spent. Can't really say the same for some of the other crap I buy.

#10 2 years ago

Quoted from Minnpin65:

Good question! I took it as money out of pocket, but could be perceived as market value as well…

Quoted from arcyallen:

How much money (current value) do you currently have in pins for personal use?

#11 2 years ago

New poll option added because you're all such high rollers I didn't change the "Over $50k" answer since people already starting using it. A lot!

#12 2 years ago

It should be amount paid.

#13 2 years ago

Is this like "what is the current market value of your collection"? I think mine would probably be in the $40 - 45K range but honestly would love opinions out of sheer curiosity what other people would price it at...

#14 2 years ago

Ask again in 6 mos, the way things are going, and anyone with 5-6 LE/CE’s+ is going to be $100k…

#15 2 years ago

Toy Story is going to break the pinternet

#16 2 years ago

A shitload.

#17 2 years ago

Too much, but at the same time, too little!

#18 2 years ago

Well let's put it this way, at the time I sold off most of my collection, 30+ A List titles, I raised enough money to put a huge down payment on a summer home at the beach. That was 6 years ago. If I sold now, I would have no mortgage. Nuts for sure.

#19 2 years ago

Silly Question kinda related.

We have heard of games Stolen from storage, business, and shipping,
but has anyone heard of am occupied home being burglarized and a Truck hauling off pins?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

but has anyone heard of am occupied home being burglarized and a Truck hauling off pins?

I have not.

I figure bragging about how much $$$ worth of pins I have at my home might be an invitation to this kind of thing.

So many questions being asked around here these days…almost seems like phishing.

Hey, what is your favorite superhero? What is your favorite kind of dog?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have not.
I figure bragging about how much $$$ worth of pins I have at my home might be an invitation to this kind of thing.
So many questions being asked around here these days…almost seems like phishing.

Those would be some buff robbers.

Even though they are expensive I imagine pinball machines would be pretty hard to Fence.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have not.

probably not a question you should answer in public.
How much cash do you keep on hand
any jewelry ?
When are you out at work or going on vacation,just curious.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have not.

Quoted from Jamesays:

probably not a question you should answer in public.
How much cash do you keep on hand
any jewelry ?
When are you out at work or going on vacation,just curious.

welp as people already document their actual collections, listed by name, I doubt that was OPs intent. The tip-off is that the poll stops SO EARLY at $100k.
it's like a new user asking an old addict how much $$ they spend in a day: MORE than $10 ?!???

At an Expo many years ago, a collector (I don't want to mis-attribute here, because MEMORY) said that collectors can be grouped by the number of ZEROs:

"Two Zero Collectors have over a hundred. Three Zero Collectors have over a thousand. I am a Three Zero Collector" was his quote.

#24 2 years ago

IM pro - 9k OBO
TWD pro - 8.5k OBO
JP prem - 13k OBO
AIQ prem - 11k OBO
Mando prem - 11k OBO

PINFLATION BABY

#25 2 years ago

First rule of Fight Club, we don't discuss that.

#26 2 years ago

I’ve got EM money, so not very much.

#27 2 years ago

NOYB or my wife's either.

#28 2 years ago

4 months ago 100k, this month 200k!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

4 months ago 100k, this month 200k!

It's been crazy. I bought my maiden premium and Metallica pro about the same time a couple years ago. Through some trades and flips I would say I have less then 10k invested. Looking at todays crazy asking price I am close to double that.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

First rule of Fight Club, we don't discuss that.

Yes, God forbid some your wives find out.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Yes, God forbid some your wives find out.

LOL.

My wife has a spreadsheet that lists to the penny what I have in pins should I happen to keel over dead.

She is taken care of so frankly does not care a whit what I spend.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL.
My wife has a spreadsheet that lists to the penny what I have in pins should I happen to keel over dead.
She is taken care of so frankly does not care a whit what I spend.

Ha ha ha this is funny and awesome, my wife does the same thing, makes it really easy when I have several on order at a time, how much down, balance to be paid etc?

She even keeps track of how much I spend on parts

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ha ha ha this is funny and awesome, my wife does the same thing, makes it really easy when I have several on order at a time, how much down, balance to be paid etc?
She even keeps track of how much I spend on parts

Oh I keep track of the funds, she knows were it is should need arise. I have a binder full of stuff for her is something unfortunate should happen. Where to buy heating oil, who to call for septic, locations of various shutoffs, etc.

Yes, I keep track of the parts too.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I don´t have any money in my pins, I store my money in the bank

I used to store some cash in my Road Show just in case a pin came up for sale and I needed to take a road trip (especially on a weekend when the bank was closed).

#36 2 years ago
giphy (9).gifgiphy (9).gif
#37 2 years ago

I agree with 'keeping it private', but I suppose that any of us that have our collections 'public' are essentially tipping their hand to anyone that might care.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I agree with 'keeping it private', but I suppose that any of us that have our collections 'public' are essentially tipping their hand to anyone that might care.

There's so many phishing and other scams out there these days, I'm just not sure it behooves pinheads to publicly declare the value of their collections, or the first car they owned as a kid or whatever irrelevant question Unclerudy is asking this week.

Listing collections seems a little different to me than just blasting out perceived $ value on request on public threads.

And for the record, pins HAVE been stolen from private property before. It's happened. I remember a guy in South Carolina who had his MM among others ripped off when he was on vacation. There's such thing as "buff" and resourceful crooks.

Criminals go where the money is, and there's more money than ever in private pinball collections.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's so many phishing and other scams out there these days, I'm just not sure it behooves pinheads to publicly declare the value of their collections, or the first car they owned as a kid or whatever it is Unclerudy is asking this week.
Listing collections seems a little different to me than just blasting it out on request on public threads.

Agreed. Announcing the "dollar value" just seems a little uncouth, as well. I, for one, just REALLY enjoy my games - no matter the current value.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm very intrigued by the pin market, and am curious: How much money (current value) do you currently have in pins for personal use? Feel free to include pins that are paid for but haven't arrived yet. It -feels- like everyone has multiple NIB pins on order. Either everyone is accumulating or just swapping. Either way, add 'em up and let us know!

Can you tell us how much money you have in Pins in your collection?

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You didn't see my anonymous vote? Haha.

(Looks up current collection on Pinside) Pinside says about $27k. In today's market, probably a bit more than that. I have little interest in knowing individual people's answers, but I AM interested in the pin market (and markets in general).

It's also interesting how many people are bringing up privacy or boasting issues here. I have no interest in going to steal CrazyLevi's pins (my rule is never steal from anyone with Crazy in their name) or boasting, but instead learning about the pin market. Most people might think they know what it's like. This is how you actually find out! I knew the "average" pinhead might have had more than one pin, but I'm genuinely shocked that about half of the respondents have over $50k+ in pins (and a quarter over $100k!). This is one more confirmation for me that we are in a period of "Irrational Exuberance". And as a student of markets and behavior, I have popcorn ready as I continue to watch what unfolds. I find these things very, very interesting.

#43 2 years ago

A lot more than I paid for them!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It is hard to tell someone that your pinball machines are worth more than your car.

Just looked up the KBB value of my car: $5,215. I have seven pins each worth more than that. Double in at least one case.

#45 2 years ago

Thinking about the current value of pinball machines and how I’m going to afford more just makes me want to throw my hands in the air and say F#ck it!

43512DF0-CAF2-4D9A-B450-E579D2589092 (resized).jpeg43512DF0-CAF2-4D9A-B450-E579D2589092 (resized).jpeg
#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thinking about the current value of pinball machines and how I’m going to afford more just makes me want to throw my hands in the air and say F#ck it!
[quoted image]

Dude the meth market is even worse.

The retail price vs. the BOM is outrageous.

#47 2 years ago

Have pins gone up or has the dollar gone way down?!?

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude the meth market is even worse.
The retail price vs. the BOM is outrageous.

Well back to the drawing board I guess.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Those would be some buff robbers.

Even though they are expensive I imagine pinball machines would be pretty hard to Fence.

I've often thought that if a robber hit my house, he'd be super disappointed. 15-year-old plasma TV, Walmart $20 DVD player, ancient tower PC, mediocre laptop, maybe one piece of jewelry worth the time... and a basement full of shit too heavy to carry.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just looked up the KBB value of my car: $5,215

5K... in this market?

car (resized).jpgcar (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-money-do-you-have-in-pins?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.