(Topic ID: 1785)

How much is this 1934 pinball machine worth?

By SeinfeldKramer

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p1.jpg
    p.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

I have a chance to purchase this pinball machine and would like to know what people thought the value is on a machine like this?

This is all the info the guy gives on the machine: "1934 abt pinball machine one of the first commercial pinball games that uses pennies, it does work. has the original legs. The coin door is missing, to keep it legal the coin doors were removed from alot of these old games"

p.jpgp.jpg p1.jpgp1.jpg

#2 13 years ago

Does anyone know anything about this machine or what it worth?

#3 13 years ago

I tried to get a match, but nothing shows up. He is going to have to give you more info, manufactures name any model/serial numbers etc.

#4 13 years ago

tough call Kramer,
    pinball as we know usually post 1948 or with flippers you can look up in a price guide
    but pre-war or flipperless is a lot harder to nail down.
    what is it worth to you? would you spend $500 for it? more ? less?
    play a few games on it first you may or may not digg it.
    some of the pre war pins I've played are actually good - the era or birth of the nudge .
    try to find that game on the web and see how it stacks up,
    For me it looks kind or boring - lack of artwork to draw you in but thats just me
    -good luck HDC

#5 13 years ago

No idea what it's worth, but it definitely looks like a collector (see ipdb description below). The ipdb date says 1933, btw. From the pics, it appears to be an ABT Autocount.

As always, condition of a game of this vintage has a big effect on worth. Also, the missing coin door is likely impossible to replace and would cost a lot for an antiques restorer to attempt to match well.

From IPDB.org:

Notable Features: Distinctive Art Deco cabinet, electric scorekeeper, game-terminating ball-on-pedestal tilt mechanism, ticker-tape score printer, last coin played window, powered by six dry-cell batteries.

Notes: Autocount was among the first pinball machines to use electricity. It has the first known electric scorekeeper, the first known score reel, and the first known tilt mechanism that terminated game play (by cutting off the power). Autocount also has the earliest known score printer, which was used by operators to verify collections and awards. The coin mechanism features a small window that displays the last coin played so, before awarding a prize, the operator can verify that a slug was not used. This may also be a first. Autocount was listed among the most outstanding machines shown at the 1934 Coin Machine show held in Chicago. It originally sold for $75.

#6 13 years ago

It looks boring to me as well, but I was thinking of just adding to my game room for looks or maybe resaleing it. The guy is asking $300. I'm thinking I may be able to get him down to $150-$200 (maybe).

#7 13 years ago

Well that's not so bad then,
    you get people like - "It's so old so it must be worth $$$$"
    but thats a good figure - not bad at all.
    -I would check it out - yes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-this-1934-pinball-machine-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.