B95AB42C-361A-4126-9E54-F2B26EA14CC7 (resized).jpeg
AP18079465448025-e1521600371199 (resized).jpg
C95C94D7-9DAE-49DD-82F1-EF63C947E811 (resized).jpeg
images (1) (resized).jpeg
A051E226-5C47-44F5-BAB0-AB4D9DB5BAB1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4480 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So you're saying they made less than half the total Beatles run? So "sold out" (of Stern) isn't even half the units?

That is what I'm saying, because that is what Kaminkow said. Maybe.

The "10 alotments", "1-2-7" only sell 1000 machines, then the diamond is gone.

Leaves you with 50 Platinum adf 914 Gold still to produce and figure out the pricing.
Accoding to Kaminkow this'll happen next year.

So if this happens next year, I highly doubt they sell them now.
Even more thinking that there is no diamond anymore and the deal has to be different.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Leaves you with 50 Platinum adf 914 Gold still to produce and figure out the pricing.
Even more thinking that there is no diamond anymore and the deal has to be different.

Of course. I overlooked the math. The 1-2-7 "ten pack" arrangement only allows for 1000 units to be sold since the 100 diamonds run out after 100x10 are sold. So they have 964 left to run, and no diamonds. Yeah, pricing and demand are going to be a problem next year, especially since they need to clear the channel of the overpriced leftover golds.

Thanks for working the math to refute the "TOTALLY SOLD OUT" nonsense, when it was actually, "we sold the half we made into the channel which is now stuffed with overpriced gold-level pins we have to clear before we can make the other 964."

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course. I overlooked the math. The 1-2-7 "ten pack" arrangement only allows for 1000 units to be sold since the 100 diamonds run out after 100x10 are sold. So they have 964 left to run, and no diamonds. Yeah, pricing and demand are going to be a problem next year, especially since they need to clear the channel of the overpriced leftover golds.
Thanks for working the math to refute the "TOTALLY SOLD OUT" nonsense, when it was actually, "we sold the half we made into the channel which is now stuffed with overpriced gold-level pins we have to clear before we can make the other 964."

According to other posters, the January allotment is also sold out as well.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well... Actually the gold price is ok in my opinion. (Of corse I'd like it to be cheaper.)
On The contrary I have hope that retailers who dont hop on The "buy10" train have opportunity to buy seperate golds next year.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It is not.
First batch is done. Second batch is next year with 50 Platinum and 950 or so Gold.

Thanks for correcting the nonsense fake news. I remember Joe K saying this I couldn’t locate the quote.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

they need to clear the channel of the overpriced leftover golds.

Overpriced golds? Please explain. Exactly how are the golds overpriced when the playfield is identical to the other models, and the other models simply have different cabinet artwork and backglass, and different 'limited' plaque? Isn't it the case the platinum and diamond is overpriced, not the gold?

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Overpriced golds? Please explain.

There is nothing to explain with any logic on Pinside.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I love my logic. I’ve wanted Stern to remake some classics for ages. Although I wanted them to be the total classic package done new, this is a close second. Seawitch is a great game. And then they priced me right out of the market. I’d overlook the theme, but I can’t overlook the misssing value. A playfield I fully support, in a package I’ll never support.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thank you for clarifying this for everybody!

Need to clear the line for the Munsters huge demand.

To be clear, all 3 are "overpriced", but as they say, "Beatles isn't meant for the Pinside crowd". Collectors.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’d overlook the theme, but I can’t overlook the misssing value. A playfield I fully support, in a package I’ll never support.

So it's not for you, who cares?

Pins can fill different market niches, you don't have to like or buy them all.

Stern is always testing the waters.

They could do a Seawitch in "The Pin" configuration and sell it at Pin pricing $2500 delivered, and Pinside would cry about the inauthentic stereo sound and lack of coindoor.

Even though the playfield would be full sized, Pinside would bitch endlessly that the flippers were too strong, or the colors were too teal or........

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So and Pinside would cry about the inauthentic stereo sound and lack of coindoor.
Even though the playfield would be full sized, Pinside would bitch endlessly that the flippers were too strong, or the colors were too teal or........

Or the Flipper gap is too wide

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So it's not for you, who cares?
Pins can fill different market niches, you don't have to like or buy them all.

But on a pinball forum, it will be talked about... regardless of whether any single person is buying one or not. More than fair for people to post their opinions.

Most hardcore pinball people (whether on pinside or not) think this machine is overpriced. Most of the buyers will probably be more casual towards the hobby. Stern will sell all 1964 units. End of Story.

#213 5 years ago

Overpriced golds? Please explain. Exactly how are the golds overpriced when the playfield is identical to the other models, and the other models simply have different cabinet artwork and backglass, and different 'limited' plaque? Isn't it the case the platinum and diamond is overpriced, not the gold?

Given the BOM, they're ALL overpriced, just some more than others.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given the BOM, they're ALL overpriced, just some more than others.

Hey what’s the BOM on Beatles? Please break it down to exact costs. Also curious of course about licensing costs per game. Thanks!

....and we’re back to square one.

#215 5 years ago

Game Room Guys told me 30k for the diamond

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

nice

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

I would never buy from them. They're the jokers that wouldn't request the 2.0 PIC for AfMr because we weren't the original owner, DESPITE that denial being against CGC's policy for that critical upgrade (that if not done could physically damage the machine).

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Most hardcore pinball people (whether on pinside or not) think this machine is overpriced.

Er, wrong.

#219 5 years ago

Disagree. I've personally talked to people who will defend the pricing online, or when the microphones are on... but, if you talk to them amongst friends, when the mics are off, they laugh at the price.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

ut, if you talk to them amongst friends, when the mics are off, they laugh at the price.

Then they simply don't earn enough money to comfortably buy a leisure product in this category.

KIA: I would never buy a RED Hydrogen cellphone, it's way overpriced !!!!!!!

Vid: Really? What phone do you use now?

K: Well...I mean I use to have a work phone...they put me in for a...

V: Right now, what phone is in your pocket????

K: It's a Moto, you know one of the..... it's a g4.

V: OK, so you are not really able to comfortably afford a flagship phone, because you use a $79 phone everyday.

K: I **could** buy one, but this does everything I need.

V: Great, then you have no use for a Hydrogen! Don't even worry about it.

K: I mean, it would be nice to....

V: [sign] It's simply not made for you.

8A0A7324.0 (resized).jpg8A0A7324.0 (resized).jpgandroid-authority-leia-hologram-holograph-display-tech23-840x424 (resized).jpgandroid-authority-leia-hologram-holograph-display-tech23-840x424 (resized).jpg
#221 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Overpriced golds? Please explain.

AH! Now I understand!

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Then they simply don't earn enough money to comfortably buy a leisure product in this category.
KIA: I would never buy a RED Hydrogen cellphone, it's way overpriced !!!!!!!
Vid: Really? What phone do you use now?
K: Well...I mean I use to have a work phone...they put me in for a...
V: Right now, what phone is in your pocket????
K: It's a Moto, you know one of the..... it's a g4.
V: OK, so you are not really able to comfortably afford a flagship phone, because you use a $79 phone everyday.
K: I **could** buy one, but this does everything I need.
V: Great, then you have no use for a Hydrogen! Don't even worry about it.
K: I mean, it would be nice to....
V: [sign] It's simply not made for you. [quoted image][quoted image]

Right. But KIA is exactly the kind of user that will be found at the online phones forum (like DaveH), discussing products/pricing/features etc. You know he isn't buying one, he knows he isn't buying one... yet the discussion remains valid. The forum serves its purpose.

3 weeks later
#223 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

As much as Pinside doesn’t believe it. 98% of our new game sales are not to pinsiders. We are a brick & mortar store and most rec home buyers have never heard of this site.
Case and point, we are having no problem selling Beatles. To a “new” pinball buyer that hasn’t played in 20-30 years Beatles looks just as much fun as Iron Maiden. Actually probably less intimidating.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We have all seen pictures of your beautiful store! What I do not see however is a single beatles game!
Coincidence I think not!

2 months later
#224 5 years ago

Here ya go
A pic from my sons 16th birthday at the store and Beatles pin second to the left.

D336F079-C69C-4F93-80C2-4853BDC3601A (resized).jpegD336F079-C69C-4F93-80C2-4853BDC3601A (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-the-diamond-beatles/page/5?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.