B95AB42C-361A-4126-9E54-F2B26EA14CC7 (resized).jpeg
AP18079465448025-e1521600371199 (resized).jpg
C95C94D7-9DAE-49DD-82F1-EF63C947E811 (resized).jpeg
images (1) (resized).jpeg
A051E226-5C47-44F5-BAB0-AB4D9DB5BAB1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4480 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What's better than a watch and the latest issue of Little Shoppe of Horrors?
[quoted image]

A051E226-5C47-44F5-BAB0-AB4D9DB5BAB1 (resized).jpegA051E226-5C47-44F5-BAB0-AB4D9DB5BAB1 (resized).jpeg

#152 5 years ago

I ordered a gold, 10k $
The others where 25k $ and 50k $.

#153 5 years ago

If you want to get a sense of the insanity, uncertainty and confusion around pricing on this, there’s a new podcast posted complete with undercover audio from distributors who are fumbling and bumbling around how to price this. What a shit show. Some of the distributors are obviously uncomfortable and don’t even know what to say. Some just want to negotiate, some did say $25k...it’s a mess.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Love me some "fun coupons".

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why you care.
In the same time they've also put out Deadpool, GOTG, and Iron Maiden, and they have a ton of other games currently in production for you to choose from.
It's hard to say these "collectibles" are their main focus. Just a small part of their overall production, and it sure doesn't seem like it's getting in the way of any of their other non-collectable projects.

Batman66 is built in 2016, supreme 2018 and Beatles 2018 too. Not main focus but definitely new one and I guess there will be more.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If you want to get a sense of the insanity, uncertainty and confusion around pricing on this, there’s a new podcast posted complete with undercover audio from distributors who are fumbling and bumbling around how to price this. What a shit show. Some of the distributors are obviously uncomfortable and don’t even know what to say. Some just want to negotiate, some did say $25k...it’s a mess.

Is this release being run by the same putz at Stern who had potential BM66SLE customers submitting videos on why they deserved the opportunity to purchase one?

#157 5 years ago

I know quite a few die hard Beatles Fans/Collectors and have sent them images of this machine to get their take. All were laughing at the price after a few google searches of the the pinball market. What was really interesting is I got 3 people that did not know each other have the same feedback as to what they would spend that kind of money on as it relates to pinball. If there was an old Beatles machine from that time frame that was re-made with some modern tech that would excite real Beatles fans not some re-packaged theme. I thought that was an interesting response.. Now from my perspective the game is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Second there is nothing special about it compared to whats already on the market so hopefully they have plenty of uninformed buyers and if their are a lot of those uninformed buyers out their then it looks like a win for Stern. I just think it's a silly looking machine and a totally unreasonable ask for the quality of product. There is an old saying in the car business "there's an ass for every seat" and it looks like there are plenty of ass's buying these ugly machines.

#158 5 years ago

Roughly...

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#159 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I know quite a few die hard Beatles Fans/Collectors and have sent them images of this machine to get their take. All were laughing at the price after a few google searches of the the pinball market.

Both runs are now completely sold out.

So clearly Stern correctly judged what Beatles collectors wanted to see, and wanted to pay.

#160 5 years ago

The whole "I know a Beatles fan and they laughed at the game!" anecdote gambit has been thrown out there by about 20 people.

It's really fascinating market research - but you have to remember there's a lot more than 20 Beatles fans.

I asked my mom if she was interested in an MBr and she said "what's that?" Clearly a disaster in the making for Chicago Gaming!

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I asked my mom if she was interested in an MBr and she said "what's that?"

I asked my mom if she was interested in MBr and she said " I got rid of your father because he looked like Frankenstein, hell no I don't want that thing in my condo "

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So clearly Stern correctly judged what Beatles collectors wanted to see, and wanted to pay.

Stern has a better beat than me then, that thing is hideous.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don’t think so Vid

Not even close

You are receiving Fake News

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm just over here patiently waiting for the thread titled "MY $25,000 BEATLES MACHINE HAS DIMPLES AND ORANGEPEEL ON THE PLAYFIELD!!!".

For this kind of money it should come with a force field or at least unscratchable acrylic covering the playfield.

#165 5 years ago

Levi and Vid love riling up Pinside.

C95C94D7-9DAE-49DD-82F1-EF63C947E811 (resized).jpegC95C94D7-9DAE-49DD-82F1-EF63C947E811 (resized).jpeg
#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Anything that's good for Stern will be celebrated by Stern. Anything that sells well expands the hobby world-wide. Champagne corks should indeed pop in the Stern factory and also in enthusiasts' homes, whether they like this pin or not. If I cannot afford one I should not begrudge someone else who can. What expands the hobby and brings new people in has got to be good for everyone. Elvis '52? Bring it on! My wife won't complain if I bring that one into my home. Star Trek '65? I am not the slightest bit interested. But I'm happy if others are.
[quoted image]

I think you mean Elvis '55 or '56. '52? Elvis in high school - The Pin?

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t think so Vid
Not even close
You are receiving Fake News

You can think that man never went to the moon, the earth is flat, or that Ted Cruz's dad killed Kennedy.

That does not change the fact that both runs are sold out.

If your distro did not order any yet, then he is not getting any.

#168 5 years ago

Sold out to distro's or sold out to customers? Seems like there's a big difference.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Sold out to distro's or sold out to customers? Seems like there's a big difference.

Sold out to distros.

How could you ever know if a game was sold out to customers, lol??????

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sold out to distros.
How could you ever know if a game was sold out to customers, lol??????

What are the reals prices?

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can think that man never went to the moon, the earth is flat, or that Ted Cruz's dad killed Kennedy.
That does not change the fact that both runs are sold out.
If your distro did not order any yet, then he is not getting any.

I just don’t believe it’s a “fact”. They aren’t selling through at that pace. It’s a dribble

And it’s not a “Wave” as we are led to believe

You can’t prove it and neither can I UNTIL we start to see actual consumer sales

It’s like certain counties in Florida, 10 packs will just magically appear after the fact if the demand is there

Business 101, a distributor buys to fill consumer demand. Show me the consumer sales at those prices and then I’ll believe it

It’s not like Manufacturers have been pillars of truth historically.

And the final cargument analogy, see Tesla/Musk sales projections

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Levi and Vid love riling up Pinside.
[quoted image]

I wonder if Stern pays well.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder if Stern pays well.

Who pays you guys to Bitch like old ladies enduring a draft at church?

Deep root? Podcasters so they have material?

I’ve gots to know!!!

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can’t prove it and neither can I UNTIL we start to see actual consumer sales

You don't **see** consumer sales, lol

I know 3 people who bought one, a few people on Pinside have bought one, but you don't **see** 99% of sales; especially a game that is marketed more towards Beatles fans rather than pinheads.

Think of TRON LE, Stern made 200 for the States, 200 for the rest of the world.

Pinside shows that ~200 people own the game.

BUT when I PMed a bunch of those people to ask them to photograph something for me, so I had a reference for my own game, magically the first 6 people either "did not have the game anymore" or "did not have access to the inside of the game" or "did not have the game at their house".

So that showed me that a large number of people claiming to own a game, probably don't actually own it.

Hell, I've heard that Stern only made 100 Tron LEs, and only said they made 400 to trump up the numbers...../s

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What are the reals prices?

If you have not heard....

Golds $7.5 to 10k
Plats $10K to 12.5K
Diamonds $10K to 25K

Remember, ARP (actual retail pricing) is 100% up to your dealer. They can sell them for any price they want.

Hell, they could put a few Plats up on a rack and pull them down 2 years from now to sell at an even higher premium, as a certain distro is infamous for.
Sir Ringo beheadedSir Ringo beheaded

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s like certain counties in Florida, 10 packs will just magically appear after the fact if the demand is there

FFS.

Guess my money's on Vid now.

#177 5 years ago

As much as Pinside doesn’t believe it. 98% of our new game sales are not to pinsiders. We are a brick & mortar store and most rec home buyers have never heard of this site.
Case and point, we are having no problem selling Beatles. To a “new” pinball buyer that hasn’t played in 20-30 years Beatles looks just as much fun as Iron Maiden. Actually probably less intimidating.

15402B91-7F89-4074-94D7-566402B981E9 (resized).jpeg15402B91-7F89-4074-94D7-566402B981E9 (resized).jpeg606346DF-9E69-4C1D-8CC6-3D50F020F6FC (resized).jpeg606346DF-9E69-4C1D-8CC6-3D50F020F6FC (resized).jpegB95AB42C-361A-4126-9E54-F2B26EA14CC7 (resized).jpegB95AB42C-361A-4126-9E54-F2B26EA14CC7 (resized).jpegE20DBFCF-870F-42DC-A1BA-7092AE37FFA9 (resized).jpegE20DBFCF-870F-42DC-A1BA-7092AE37FFA9 (resized).jpegE7EDD949-7F85-46FF-AA8E-2AF1E2247CBA (resized).jpegE7EDD949-7F85-46FF-AA8E-2AF1E2247CBA (resized).jpegF87952CC-09F8-47DE-A64A-C854EB5A83A1 (resized).jpegF87952CC-09F8-47DE-A64A-C854EB5A83A1 (resized).jpeg
#178 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Golds $7.5 to 10k
Plats $10K to 12.5K
Diamonds $10K to 25K
Remember, ARP (actual retail pricing) is 100% up to your dealer. They can sell them for any price they want.
Hell, they could put a few Plats up on a rack and pull them down 2 years from now to sell at an even higher premium, as a certain distro is infamous for.
[quoted image]

Of course I get what you are saying.

But it’s not Tron or really a good comparison to anything else because you get so little for the “price”

The “collector” would want the Platinum or Diamond even though Stern and Joe failed to really differentiate from the Gold other than cab artwork and a “one of ....”

Pinsders aren’t buying it. They are waiting for Munsters

The Gold version is in no way rare and once the initial bloom is off the rose as happens with every pin release, they will sit like boat anchors

And since we are talking really about non Pinside Beatles fans here I can “see” what sales are doing or not doing on EBay, the worldwide marketplace where several Distros are advertising

If some Distros want to put these on a rack for future sales then they are fools. This isn’t going to age well

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

As much as Pinside doesn’t believe it. 98% of our new game sales are not to pinsiders. We are a brick & mortar store and most rec home buyers have never heard of this site.
Case and point, we are having no problem selling Beatles. To a “new” pinball buyer that hasn’t played in 20-30 years Beatles looks just as much fun as Iron Maiden. Actually probably less intimidating.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We all know you aren’t selling to the informed consumer. More power to you

Tell us how many Beatles pins you have sold and how many 10 packs you’ve purchased

A Diamond and a few Golds?

#180 5 years ago

As much as Pinside doesn’t believe it. 98% of our new game sales are not to pinsiders. Most rec home buyers have never heard of this site.

Exactly.

Ford has sold 11 million Mustangs, but only 33,000 owners are on the Mustang forum.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Golds $7.5 to 10k
Plats $10K to 12.5K
Diamonds $10K to 25K
[quoted image]

I was wondering if this was the original price range that Stern was planning to sell before first prices rumors were posted here.
I had heard from distributors much higher prices, insane prices. Did Stern change his mind with all the mess that has come out then or was it bullshit?

#182 5 years ago

STOP IT!!! XD

#183 5 years ago

I was wondering if this was the original price range that Stern was planning to sell before first prices rumors were posted here.
I had heard from distributors much higher prices, insane prices. Did Stern change his mind with all the mess that has come out then or was it bullshit?

It's totally up to the dealers on where they want to price the game at.

If they tell a caller "$50K on the Diamond" and the caller says "Great, here's my card number" that's a nice sale.

Kinda like when VW dealers were selling the redesigned $14K New Beetle for $25K because demand was so high.

Those dealers actually made good money that year.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's totally up to the dealers on where they want to price the game at.
If they tell a caller "$50K on the Diamond" and the caller says "Great, here's my card number" that's a nice sale.
Kinda like when VW dealers were selling the redesigned $14K New Beetle for $25K because demand was so high.
Those dealers actually made good money that year.

It reminds me of when dealers were marking up the 1978 Corvette Pace Car to 50K and those same dealers still have them sitting on their showroom floors 40 years later. The number of those cars with less than 500 miles is astounding.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Stern has a better beat than me then, that thing is hideous.

Sold out from Stern to distributors isn't actually sold out. We'll see how long it takes to clear the distributor stock.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It reminds me of when dealers were marking up the 1978 Corvette Pace Car to 50K and those same dealers still have them sitting on their showroom floors 40 years later. The number of those cars with less than 500 miles is astounding.

That is the wonder of a free market.

You can buy-in for $7K, and then maybe get a giant payoff from a well healed collector instantly, or sit on it, wondering at what point you should take your profit.

-

I know a few guys that have a bunch of Transformer LEs still in their boxes, taking up space in their basements.

They bought them thinking they would be the next TRON LE and they would cash out (especially because they made even less LE per model than TRON), but instead, they will probably never get their money back on them.

Had it worked out they would have doubled their money, but as it sits, they've probably lost a grand on each game (not even considering how much more they would have made in the stock market 2011-2018)

#187 5 years ago

It’s hard to argue the point about pinsiders vs. collectors vs. B&M sales that never come here but why not do a real late Beatles pinball where they will sell to everyone easily? So much money to be made.

#188 5 years ago

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

why not do a real late Beatles pinball where they will sell to everyone easily?

Joe said in the interview that he wanted to do a pin that looked like it came from the 60s.

He wanted it to be approachable to an older, non-pinhead.

That was his vision for this project.

IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD FOR YOU.

If Stern wants, they can do another Beatles pin in the future.

There were 5 Starwars

4 Playboy

2 POTC

2 Rolling Stones

2 IJ

Terminator.......

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sold out from Stern to distributors isn't actually sold out. We'll see how long it takes to clear the distributor stock.

Do you think Distributors get agreement with Stern that forces them to buy each new game even if they wanted to pass?

#191 5 years ago

Do you think Distributors get agreement with Stern that forces them to buy each new game even if they wanted to pass?

Nope.

There is one distro in the States who did not order any of them, and now it's too late.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope.
There is one distro in the States who did not order any of them, and now it's too late.

Ok.
So good luck to distributors for selling a classic game with a modern game price

#193 5 years ago

I'm sure there's a wink and a nod somewhere in that arrangement. If they refuse allocation of one that the manufacture needs moved it could reflect negatively on future allocations I would guess. Assuming that they actually need them moved, judging by the posts on here it sounds like all the beautiful people have bought them up.

#194 5 years ago

I don't think so.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I'm sure there's a wink and a nod somewhere in that arrangement. If they refuse allocation of one that the manufacture needs moved it could reflect negatively on future allocations I would guess. Assuming that they actually need them moved, judging by the posts on here it sounds like all the beautiful people have bought them up.

If by beautiful people you mean distributors, then yes.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That is what I was thinking.

#197 5 years ago

Case and point, we are having no problem selling Beatles. To a “new” pinball buyer that hasn’t played in 20-30 years Beatles looks just as much fun as Iron Maiden. Actually probably less intimidating.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This clearly supports how small pinside is in the big picture as many have argued in other situations. I’ve heard the same thing from two distributors up this way. It’s funny how some argue both sides of the fence depending on the scenario.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
Ford has sold 11 million Mustangs, but only 33,000 owners are on the Mustang forum.

No mustang talk allowed!

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope.

It is not.

First batch is done. Second batch is next year with 50 Platinum and 950 or so Gold.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It is not.
First batch is done. Second batch is next year with 50 Platinum and 950 or so Gold.

So you're saying they made less than half the total Beatles run? So "sold out" (of Stern) isn't even half the units?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-the-diamond-beatles/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.