B95AB42C-361A-4126-9E54-F2B26EA14CC7 (resized).jpeg
AP18079465448025-e1521600371199 (resized).jpg
C95C94D7-9DAE-49DD-82F1-EF63C947E811 (resized).jpeg
images (1) (resized).jpeg
A051E226-5C47-44F5-BAB0-AB4D9DB5BAB1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4480 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why is it absurd???
If Rolex made a limited worldwide run of 100 watches and sold them for $250,000, would that be absurd?
I mean, a $10 watch from the gas station will tell you what time it is, right?
A fine watch says that someone has achieved a degree of success in their life.
A fine watch says that you can comfortably afford to purchase and insure a piece of functional art.
People of limited means can never understand the value of a fine watch.
-

That's how it's fucking done people. And not even a fleeting mention of cars!

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why is it absurd???
If Rolex made a limited worldwide run of 100 watches and sold them for $250,000, would that be absurd?
I mean, a $10 watch from the gas station will tell you what time it is, right?
A fine watch says that someone has achieved a degree of success in their life.
A fine watch says that you can comfortably afford to purchase and insure a piece of functional art.
People of limited means can never understand the value of a fine watch.
-

A fine watch on your spouse says you just got a new pinball machine.

#104 5 years ago

PismoArcade I’m pretty sure New York is a one party consent state.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

pismoarcade I’m pretty sure New York is a one party consent state.

True but were all the calls in NY?

One guy sounded like he had a southern accent.

#106 5 years ago

Totally depends on the state. Most require only one party (generally the person doing the recording) to consent, but Cali requires that everyone know about it, so you'll have to go on asking before you hit record. Looks like the case law is mixed, but if you're in NY recording someone in another state, NY law is likely to apply since that's where the recording took place.

Here's a handy link:
https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/LAWS-ON-RECORDING-CONVERSATIONS-CHART.pdf

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

True but were all the calls in NY?
One guy sounded like he had a southern accent.

A SOUTHERNER? Not here in NYC!

Just kidding we take all kinds here!

#110 5 years ago

Glad I bought the diamond edition Samsung android phone that not only lets me make phone calls, but also shows the time!

#111 5 years ago

Crazy how potential customers cannot get a price for something they want to buy!

I would never buy anything, not even a bar of candy, with this kind of secretive pricing.

#112 5 years ago

Disregard

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

But what if there were two watches....one 8k and the other almost exactly the same, no finer than the first, but was limited and labeled "certified collectible" and sold for 25k. That doesn't feel odd to you?

Not odd at all.

Oftentimes all they really change is the color of the dial.

The guts are the same.

But the people whom that watch is marketed towards, don't care that 1 cent worth of pigment has raised the price of the watch dramatically.

They want the limited edition watch, because it costs more.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Crazy how potential customers cannot get a price for something they want to buy!
I would never buy anything, not even a bar of candy, with this kind of secretive pricing.

There is no secret.

Call your distributor, IF they have a game left, they will tell you how much they are asking for it.

Many distros are sold out.

#115 5 years ago

I’ve sold our Diamond and a platinum and a few golds so far. They are selling.

Am I surprised. Simply put, yes. The Beatles fans are looking for who has these and where to buy.

Our Diamond didn’t go to a pinball collector but to a die hard Beatles fan that wants the one that only 99 others in the world will have.

As said before this game was/is marketed for the ultimate Beatles fans not the pinball collector community. Don’t get me wrong distributors and Stern will be happy if you purchase. I’m just stating I think y’all don’t understand your not the target audience on this particular model.

Confirming as well.
All models come with a standard coindoor. All models ship with 1.01 code and all models are shaker motor ready.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That sounds like modern American luxury good production. Stern's just catching up.

Without the marketing acumen or quality control.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

All models come with a standard coindoor. All models ship with 1.01 code and all models are shaker motor ready.

Shhhhhh! People will have nothing to complain about!

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Shhhhhh! People will have nothing to complain about!

This is Pinside.

Pindicks will ALWAYS find something to complain about.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

All models ship with 1.01 code and all models are shaker motor ready.

Simple code and they pretty much had to have it done since 98% of non-pinball Beatles fans aren't going to know how to update it or even try. Definitely not a Kapow Batman '66 situation for this one.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Glad I bought the diamond edition Samsung android phone that not only lets me make phone calls, but also shows the time!

But...is it certified collectible?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not odd at all.
The guts are the same.

Exactly. Stern learned a lot from Supreme.
Same on the inside, just change art.

Case in point, one of these can still only claim .65 cents on the open market, glory holes or not.

328AD765-18B4-4011-94DA-56CF577CB737 (resized).jpeg328AD765-18B4-4011-94DA-56CF577CB737 (resized).jpeg517BD28C-0739-474A-8D18-0C31AAA37182 (resized).jpeg517BD28C-0739-474A-8D18-0C31AAA37182 (resized).jpeg

#123 5 years ago
2a252085892a9789e8d657c7117bc1be01f5d73c77c31296e4ab79555767c0c9 (resized).jpg2a252085892a9789e8d657c7117bc1be01f5d73c77c31296e4ab79555767c0c9 (resized).jpg
#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Exactly. Stern learned a lot from Supreme.
Same on the inside, just change art.
Case in point, one of these is still .65 cents, even with those horrendous glory holes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes they are both bricks and both made of the same material.

But if I put the common core-hole brick on my desk it will not be admired.

If I put the Supreme brick on my desk, cool people will instantly recognize it's value.

It's an instant conversation starter. Cool people will ask if it ever got explained wtf the brick was. Was is art? Was it a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the brand? Even at $30, did Supreme ever break even on the $20,000 mold it required to make it?

$30 buys me silly fun.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not odd at all.
The guts are the same.
But the people whom that watch is marketed towards, don't care that 1 cent worth of pigment has raised the price of the watch dramatically.
They want the limited edition watch, because it costs more.

Interesting, I'm not in the high end watch world, but you are saying there are instances of manufactures tripling the MSRP / MAP pricing, just by changing a dial color? This is different from the market dictating the price increase due to demand. The percentage price increases are that great on limited editions? 300%?

I know it was stated this is done in cars too. Although I dont think I've ever seen a car triple in price for being a limited edition.

I dont really care what stern does, so this isnt a judgement. I'm either going to buy or not buy based on my own reasons and they need to do what they feel is best for them. I'm more just fascinated by it.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Interesting, I'm not in the high end watch world, but you are saying there are instances of manufactures tripling the MSRP / MAP pricing, just by changing a dial color?

Absolutely.

A limited edition will have the same movement, but a different dial, maybe different hands.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

A fine watch on your spouse says you just got a new pinball machine.

And.....guilty.

AF921581-109A-4A08-8203-7C54EE4FCF65 (resized).jpegAF921581-109A-4A08-8203-7C54EE4FCF65 (resized).jpegADCAB272-90FA-4458-8C0F-F52FC427A64A (resized).jpegADCAB272-90FA-4458-8C0F-F52FC427A64A (resized).jpeg
#134 5 years ago

@vid, loved your Hublot in the other thread.

Vid is absolutely right about slight switching up things on a watch. Rolex is super guilty of this with their Submariner variants. Don’t get me wrong, Rolex makes a nice watch but they should not command the pricing that they do and are fairly common. Give me a nice Hublot, give me a nice Bell and Ross, those are more exciting to me and make more of a statement. Of course, nothing balls and makes a statement like a Patek...

#135 5 years ago

How much? How much you got?

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

@vid, loved your Hublot in the other thread.
Vid is absolutely right about slight switching up things on a watch. Rolex is super guilty of this with their Submariner variants. Don’t get me wrong, Rolex makes a nice watch but they should not command the pricing that they do and are fairly common. Give me a nice Hublot, give me a nice Bell and Ross, those are more exciting to me and make more of a statement. Of course, nothing balls and makes a statement like a Patek...

Aesthetically I appreciate Hublot. They are right up my alley but damn does the secondary market suck suck on Hublot. It's all about Audemars, Patek, and Lange/Sohne, with a little bit of FP Journe sprinkled in. Rolex movements dont even remotely compare to these other brands, but they are still king because of branding.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Aesthetically I appreciate Hublot. They are right up my alley but damn does the secondary market suck suck on Hublot. It's all about Audemars, Patek, and Lange/Sohne, with a little bit of FP Journe sprinkled in. Rolex movements dont even remotely compare to these other brands, but they are still king because of branding.

Spot on. Rolex has a name and is a nice watch, but other companies are just that much more. I have a 1948 Patek Tank that is both simple but exquisite at the same time. The inner workings of it is a thing of beauty. I don’t wear it much because in my industry I don’t want to be flashy but I enjoy breaking it out every once in a while, particularly when I feel casual. Or am gambling.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Zenith....El primero

#139 5 years ago

As opposed to spending stupid money on pinball or watches, put that money into good footwear. I went to a nice shoe store years ago and got custom fitted in Moreschi and they have been the most comfortable and stylish brand of dress shoes ever. This past winter, I went to Red Wing Boots and got fitted for a nice pair of boots. There is definitely a difference between quality and cheap footwear and your feet will appreciate it. Getting properly fitted and the right inserts make a world of difference.

On a pinball note, just waiting for Sea Witch 2.0 with updated artwork. Would be more interested in that than the Beatles.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This past winter, I went to Red Wing Boots and got fitted for a nice pair of boots. There is definitely a difference between quality and cheap footwear and your feet will appreciate it

Red Wing boots rock, and they waterproof and re-lace them anytime for free

#141 5 years ago

large_Wolf_of_Wall_St (resized).jpglarge_Wolf_of_Wall_St (resized).jpg

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

And.....guilty.

You lost out on that deal.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Red Wing boots rock, and they waterproof and re-lace them anytime for free

Boots are comfortable and durable, and their service is kick ass.

#144 5 years ago

After 139 posts, has anyone come up with a definitive answer to this thread's question?

It's AUD 17,500 in Australia.

What about elsewhere?

Unknown-3 (resized).jpegUnknown-3 (resized).jpeg
#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

After 139 posts, has anyone come up with a definitive answer to this thread's question?
It's AUD 17,500 in Australia.
What about elsewhere?
[quoted image]

So, that's 12,600 american, half of the 25k number that's been floating around.

#146 5 years ago

Diamond editions were anywhere from 10-15k but apparently some really overpaid at 20-25k ... crazy. As long as they are happy i guess thats what matters tho

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

As opposed to spending stupid money on pinball or watches, put that money into good footwear. ...

That's it ... I'm switching hobbies!

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's it ... I'm switching hobbies!
[quoted image]

There was a guy trying to sell some used cowboy boots on here for a while ... maybe he can hook you up with some leads.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There was a guy trying to sell some used cowboy boots on here for a while ... maybe he can hook you up with some leads.

Thanks for the reminder. Those and o-din's used sandals will be the start of a great "classic" collection!

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

And.....guilty.

What's better than a watch and the latest issue of Little Shoppe of Horrors?

IMG_4480 (resized).jpgIMG_4480 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-the-diamond-beatles/page/3?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.