B95AB42C-361A-4126-9E54-F2B26EA14CC7 (resized).jpeg
AP18079465448025-e1521600371199 (resized).jpg
C95C94D7-9DAE-49DD-82F1-EF63C947E811 (resized).jpeg
images (1) (resized).jpeg
A051E226-5C47-44F5-BAB0-AB4D9DB5BAB1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4480 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Current trend favors Beatles, LE's and HE restores of mediocre games. Artwork and rarity- real or contrived- trumps playability. Higher profit per machine, lower production. This is not your grandfather's hobby anymore.

True, but only if people buy into it. I for one, am totally happy with my non LE MMR.

#52 5 years ago

So what is the lowest actual price floating around out there, not counting vendors that are sold out?

#53 5 years ago

Can't blame Stern and Joe K. for capitalizing on the pinball "collector market".

That's all this is. There are plenty of "collectors" that will probably buy the platinum and diamond versions.

I doubt there are near enough "players" out there to buy the non collectible "gold version".

After "players" get tired of playing a game they typically don't let it sit around like a boat anchor collecting dust.

The "collector" will relish it, caress it, look at it, love it and probably rarely play it.

The Sports Cardgument goes like this

Wilt Chamberlain 1961 PSA Graded Rookie Card - SAME piece of cardboard in different condition

PSA 7 $2,500
PSA 8 $8,500 Population 172
PSA 9 $23,000 Population 31 (one auction last yr. and mostly unobtainium)

Buy your flavor, put them in your collection, pull them out and admire what you have every now and then!

At least with a Beatle's "collector" pinball machine you get to enjoy it, listen to it, and get tangible enjoyment out of it.

Are there 1964 pinball machine "collectors" that will want this pin? Maybe, who knows.

Bottom line, the "players" shouldn't hate on Stern for addressing the "collector market". Just move onto the next one.

Even if you’d have to have your head examined buying one of these things at those prices

#54 5 years ago

Too much for typical pinheads (I'm sure).

Bring on the Munsters!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

So none of these POS's have coin slots?

Joe was (purposely?) a little vague on that in the podcast. He said you could have one on there if you wanted it, which implied they are shipping without coin doors, just coin-door-like doors with no slots or mechs. It'll be interesting to see a real-world pic.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

price trumps service/loyalty.

No it doesn't.

#57 5 years ago

In this case...maybe so.

#58 5 years ago

I am not in the market, nor am I the target audience.

If I were in the market though I would buy with confidence from gexchange (JJ at colorado game exchange)

Carry on Fab4 fans....

#59 5 years ago

I can understand people buying a premium over a pro for the added features/gameplay but without the LE trim and COA etc...but I can see absolutely no reason to pay more for a Platimun over a Gold here. Can someone help explain that for me? TIA!

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I can understand people buying a premium over a pro for the added features/gameplay but without the LE trim and COA etc...but I can see absolutely no reason to pay more for a Platimun over a Gold here. Can someone help explain that for me? TIA!

It's the rare one! That's it.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

So was that price you told me on the phone the other day the real price?
And if so, will it be different (ie: possibly lower) if I contact another distributor?
I would love to buy from you, as I have purchased many NIB games from you, but in this brave new world, I am sure you can understand that price trumps service/loyalty.

That is what Stern has told all of us is the min sales price for this item. I can't speak for others but at this time that is the lowest we can sell it for. Otherwise if caught Stern will revoke your allotment and you will get none, and have to make phone calls to very unhappy customers to tell them sorry no games for you

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Joe was (purposely?) a little vague on that in the podcast. He said you could have one on there if you wanted it, which implied they are shipping without coin doors, just coin-door-like doors with no slots or mechs. It'll be interesting to see a real-world pic.

I am told Yes they do have coin slots, and are wired for shaker motors

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I am told Yes they do have coin slots, and are wired for shaker motors

Unbelievable they still don't have real pics out but are asking people to buy them.

(Thanks for jumping in with what you know, though)

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unbelievable they still don't have real pics out but are asking people to buy them.

Hey. At least there's some pictures this time.

#65 5 years ago

This thread is typical pinside: being angry at things that don't cater to pinside. iceman44 has it exactly right imho
As someone who doesn't buy NIB anyways, I can't wait to play this pin. I love StarGazer and love the improvements I've seen here.

#66 5 years ago

I'm ready to throw down up to $2,500 on this title because I'm a big Beatles fan.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This thread is typical pinside: being angry at things that don't cater to pinside. iceman44 has it exactly right imho
As someone who doesn't buy NIB anyways, I can't wait to play this pin. I love StarGazer and love the improvements I've seen here.

The Beatles pin is an updated version of seawitch not Stargazer.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's the rare one! That's it.

Ha! They are so stuck on their 3 Tier BS, that it’s obvious they didn’t know what to do here. If it’s strictly a Beatles Collectible play and not for “Pinheads”, then why not just make 1964 games (1 model) at say $10k each?
Joe & Co continue to mention SUPREME (zero relavence to this game ) but that only had 1 Tier and 100 made.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Ha! They are so stuck on their 3 Tier BS, that it’s obvious they didn’t know what to do here. If it’s strictly a Beatles Collectible play and not for “Pinheads”, then why not just make 1964 games (1 model) at say $10k each?
Joe & Co continue to mention SUPREME (zero relavence to this game ) but that only had 1 Tier and 100 made.

SUPREME gave Joe and Gary huge boners for what is possible, but they completely missed the point of SUPREME, which is the brand is the product. What the brand's on is irrelevant. Regular pinball is not like that, and Stern doesn't hold a candle to SUPREME's marketing ability that got their base to the point where they'll buy literally anything.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm ready to throw down up to $2,500 on this title because I'm a big Beatles fan.

Maybe you and Whysnow should go in on one together - pinball timeshares could be the next big thing!

#71 5 years ago

Buyers not knowing what the price is can lead to more profits for distributers and Stern but at the cost of potentially pissing off more than a few buyers. It’s one thing to lay down 15K for the top batman but totally another when you eventually find out you paid 8K more than someone else for the same damn beatles pin!

All the power to them for making some profit and I’m happy for people that can afford these (not me) but these pricing policies do not build up any goodwill or trust in the industry long-term.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(Thanks for jumping in with what you know, though)

I agree, really stupid way to market this and it just fuels all the false and negative reaction.

Shit, they have one built because its at the Florida show.

Why no real photos of everything, why no video like every other machine?

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why no real photos of everything, why no video like every other machine?

The whole idea is to have the entire run sold out with minimum exposure.

Keep some mystery surrounding the game.

It does not need a Deadflip video to sell, it's selling itself.

If one gets a coindoor installed and put on route, you will seek it out to say you played it.

If Joshy brings his diamond to the OH Show, you might drive 3 hours, if it's important to you.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/beatles-pinball-machine-stern-manufacturing-beatlemania-expensive-game-pinheads-fab-four-british-invasion/

#74 5 years ago

I'm just over here patiently waiting for the thread titled "MY $25,000 BEATLES MACHINE HAS DIMPLES AND ORANGEPEEL ON THE PLAYFIELD!!!".

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm just over here patiently waiting for the thread titled "MY $25,000 BEATLES MACHINE HAS DIMPLES AND ORANGEPEEL ON THE PLAYFIELD!!!".

You won't have much longer to wait.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If one gets a coindoor installed and put on route, you will seek it out to say you played it.
If Joshy brings his diamond to the OH Show, you might drive 3 hours, if it's important to you.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/beatles-pinball-machine-stern-manufacturing-beatlemania-expensive-game-pinheads-fab-four-british-invasion/

I ordered a gold, money down and I would like to see a video or actual photos. Just sayin

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I ordered a gold, money down and I would like to see a video or actual photos. Just sayin

I hear ya.

All pinheads would love a detailed tear down showing every nook and cranny.

But we'll just have to wait until HEP posts a thread on clearcoating and perfecting one next month.

#78 5 years ago

Why would tbe Beatles need a shaker motor. ??

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Because it can!

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Shake It Up, Baby Now

#81 5 years ago

beer fest (resized).pngbeer fest (resized).png

#82 5 years ago

If they weren’t concerned about sales of the Gold edition they wouldn’t have made distros take a 10 pack to force them

Very creative and smart by Stern

As for keeping the “mystery” factor going for as long as possible it’s all about the initial collector chase and the “I’m going to miss out” mentality

Once all the candy is laid out for all to see the ho hum factor sets in. What, no more?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Well, they sold 5 of the golds on the beatles store. There's a chance for someone to snag a diamond or platinum for $10k when the last 2 golds go and they put up the next 10 pack all at the same price.

Also, the whole "time period appropriate" thing is out the window with the Platinum and Diamond versions since those levels of award didn't exist in the 1960s.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, the whole "time period appropriate" thing is out the window with the Platinum and Diamond versions since those levels of award didn't exist in the 1960s.

Joe is not really a record industry trivia expert.

He's just a guy who pulled off what everybody said was impossible for 60 years.

-

And for his next big trick, let's start off with some trivia:

Q: What famous 60s dinosaur band, never had a #1 single?

Not a rhetorical questionNot a rhetorical question

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-
And for his next big trick, let's start off with some trivia:
Q: What famous dinosaur band, never had a #1 single?
[quoted image]

AC/DC?

#86 5 years ago

Bruce Springsteen

Grateful Dead

Bob Dylan

Led Zeppelin

Lynard Skynard

Crosby, Stills and Nash

Journey

Metallica

Tom Petty

Van Morrison

Sting

A freaking ton of em...!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bands-without-no-1-hit-single/

#88 5 years ago

I hate to admit it but that Chicago Sun Times article gave me a momentary twitch of excitement... like I didn't want to be left out or left behind.
Great marketing!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Q: What famous 60s dinosaur band, never had a #1 single?

Quoted from iceman44:

Bruce Springsteen

Whoa whoa whoa, Bruce Springsteen is a famous 70s dinosaur band, thank you very much.

I love The Boss, but can admit he'd make for a pretty lousy pinball theme.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I love The Boss, but can admit he'd make for a pretty lousy pinball theme.

Stern would make a fortune in replacement backglasses.

As soon as anyone in the bar heard that synthesizer repeating those same 7 notes to Born in the USA....

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Joe is not really a record industry trivia expert.
He's just a guy who pulled off what everybody said was impossible for 60 years.

They've been pushing the "period appropriate" thing. This is just one more area where it's not.

I thought Williams passed on Beatles in the 1990s?

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They've been pushing the "period appropriate" thing. This is just one more area where it's not.

You seem really worried about something that no one else cares about.

I'd be more concerned that the Beatles were around before digitized music.

Are we going to get the entire fidelity of wanting to hold a girl's hand without the resolution of vinyl?

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You seem really worried about something that no one else cares about.
I'd be more concerned that the Beatles were around before digitized music.
Are we going to get the entire fidelity of wanting to hold a girl's hand without the resolution of vinyl?

I don't care because we won't have these, but they harp on period appropriate design, then fudge that all over the place. If you're going to fudge it a LOT, just don't mention it to begin with.

#94 5 years ago

Hearing they sold out.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't care because we won't have these, but they harp on period appropriate design, then fudge that all over the place. If you're going to fudge it a LOT, just don't mention it to begin with.

Again, Joe is not a record sales trivia expert.

The guys at Apple Corps probably mentioned that the Beatles were a "Diamond" selling artist, and it gave him the idea.

Don't let kanada put obsessive thoughts in your head.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Again, Joe is not a record sales trivia expert.
The guys at Apple Corps probably mentioned that the Beatles were a "Diamond" selling artist, and it gave him the idea.
Don't let kanada put obsessive thoughts in your head.

Anyone of a certain age with even a CASUAL interest in music knows gold records were all there were in the 1960s. Super-basic knowledge.

I don't listen to kanada. 99.9% of podcasts are a bore. If I HAVE to listen to one to get some snippet of info, I download it and skip through it ASAP to find what I want and get out. But not for kanada (kaneda?). I don't even know where to GET his podcast.

#98 5 years ago

Why is it absurd???

If Rolex made a limited worldwide run of 100 watches and sold them for $250,000, would that be absurd?

I mean, a $10 watch from the gas station will tell you what time it is, right?

A fine watch says that someone has achieved a degree of success in their life.

A fine watch says that you can comfortably afford to purchase and insure a piece of functional art.

People of limited means can never understand the value of a fine watch.

-

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why is it absurd???
If Rolex made a limited worldwide run of 100 watches and sold them for $250,000, would that be absurd?
I mean, a $10 watch from the gas station will tell you what time it is, right?
A fine watch says that someone has achieved a degree of success in their life.
A fine watch says that you can comfortably afford to purchase and insure a piece of functional art.
People of limited means can never understand the value of a fine watch.
-

But what if there were two watches....one 8k and the other almost exactly the same, no finer than the first, but was limited and labeled "certified collectible" and sold for 25k. That doesn't feel odd to you?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

But what if there were two watches....one 8k and the other almost exactly the same, no finer than the first, but was limited and labeled "certified collectible" and sold for 25k. That doesn't feel odd to you?

That sounds like modern American luxury good production. Stern's just catching up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-the-diamond-beatles/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.