(Topic ID: 139466)

How much is a Predator/Magic Girl Prototype Worth?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 257 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ChrisVW
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
a1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpg
SchruteBuck.jpg
454205-i.jpg
th.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

To just shut up Kendeda, I was told the predator prototype was originally purchased for $4800 and this was claimed to be the cost of the machine as they think that allows them to skirt IP laws... They are trying to claim fair use and selling at cost/no profit.

I do not know what it resold to pinchili for but I am assuming more than 4800. he now claims it is merely on loan so hopefully the original owner just goes and takes it back from him, lol.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

So what is the history on Kaneda and why are people taking pot shots at him on threads he starts?

You can go research his past but basically he stole a rare arcade game from a kid and then made the kid jump through all sorts of hoops to get his money. Nobidy will ever know if the kid realy got his money as Kandeda was doing things like making the kid delete posts which talked bad about him as blackmail to get the funds. For all we know he is still taking advantage of the kid.

He now claims he has paid up but it appears the kid was still severely hurt by the situation.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Whysnow, I will pay you $1,000 if you can show any proof that Colton is "severely hurt by the situation."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-makes-good-on-felix-deal#post-1812857

while the thread title makes it sound like all is good, the content make it obvious that you played all sorts of games witht he kid just so he could attempt to get the money he was owed. I stopped paying attention after all this and pretty much wrote you off at that time.

#85 8 years ago

I have not written off what is owed to me for Predator. In fact, the exact opposite but I will not talk about ongoing legal matters.

I paid up on all predator bets I actually had and it was well documented that I did pay up.

Reality is that you obvioulsy played all sorts of games with that kid, including coercing him to make a BS thread and withholding funds until he did. He then admitted that you had even put him up to it and then you never came through with all the funds.

I should not say that i had written you off back then. Reality is that recently you have been a bit more tolerable and actually some fun to engage with on the forum. However, threads like this show that you have not broken your cycle and make me see that somethings may not be possible to change.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I started this thread as a way to insult the victims

I suggest you should flip your internal personal question and start asking "Would this thread possibly be insluting to someone that had 3-30k stolen form them?" if you really care for the people of this community.

There are all sorts of questions that we each may be curious to know, but some are likely hurtful and insulting to many of the people here.

I already answered your question on Pred prototype > 4800 is what it originally sold for (that is what I was told and actually think it may have been inflated if anything). That is an incomplete game and missing a handful of things. It is also the crappier player of the prototype that were made. I do not see the value changing much and if anything you have seen many people explisitily say they would want nothing to do with it. Reality is that it will not sell for much more than it already has. Some rich guy may pay a high dollwr as show piece but most of those guys like the story and that game in partciular has a pretty crappy story.

As for the MG proto #4 that was sent to the northwest and then back, it was not a finished game and more cobbled together crap than anything. It appeared to have really bad geometry and did not shoot well. No matter the story, a non-playing game is pretty worthless to most collectors.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I predict the Predator prototypes will have some value though.

unlikely to have much. The games have limited exposure, many did not like them from the start, they are unfinished, and at risk of being confiscated in the future (regardless of how many times removed you are form the original sale). Even collectors interested in rare titles are not too interested in games with this sort of story attached. If it was worth a ton then Kevin would have been sure to sell it for a ton right off the bat.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How unfinished are they? Definitely heard from people who played Predator it was so-so at best. But in terms of exposure, almost every collector is aware of this debacle.

the prototypes sold are not finished and cobbled together. The one that (pinchili) Tim Fife owns is the second one and was more polished but still had issues I assume were never worked out. They would have been rough even if done in production given the nature of the project to start with. Aside from the nice cabinets and hardware (outsourced) the playfield assembly and wiring was pretty poor.

While many/ most know the story, few ever got to play the finished product. If you did not play it at expo last year then you did not really see it. Code was still great but I was fully aware that even after getting a game all sorts of tweaks would be needed.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

If someone actually has a receipt with the word prototype on it and not just the words game 1 or game 2 or whatever, is there any reason they cannot just post a picture of that receipt on here?

YES, because then Tim Fife/pinrebel?/pinchili, would alter the game to attempt to make it look different likely.

The important info showing this is best passed along directly to the authorities associated with the district encompassing Grand Blanc, MI 48439-9049 and the FBI which appears to be reinterested in this matter now that a game is proven to have been delivered.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I just thought of something. Remember the infamous Kevin gaskins thread a couple weeks back? Everyone was ready to kill Kevin gaskins, but I didn't see one person sharpening their pitchfork for the guy who bought the game that darkknight had put money down on. This is a far more agregious example too because there was an actual agreement for a certain game, not some supposed backroom deal for one of many prototypes.

ummmm.... you do realize that the guy that bought the game (zampinator?) was directly responsible for making sure the darkknight got his money back on the TFLE deal gone bad... Also the zampinator did not know he was buying already sold goods until it was brought to his attention and he immediately did the right thing and jumped in to help out!

This predator situation is pretty much the exact opposite. Tim Fife knew exactly what he was doing when he bought pred proto #2 and has since sent a big FU to the people screwed by SkitB and to the actual person that paid for that specific game. In this case there was not a backroom agreement for that specific predator game from the start. The way I understand it, that was actually considered one of the first production games (referred to as proto #2 but intended to be delivered with the first batch of games and treated as a production game). Someone has the paper work and photo documentation for that exact game which sits in Tim Fife's house.

#239 8 years ago

You seem to be skimming and missing the details of what people are saying?

2 people I know of>> Rommy and I, have seen the specific contract that someone has for the specific game that Tim Fife is in possession of.

That owner of "prototype #2" is smart enough to not tell/show you (and by default Tim Fife) what that contract entails, because it is obvious at this stage that Tim Fife would just attempt to alter the game to make it appear like the other prototype/a different game.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It never occurred to me until just now but I happen to know two FBI investigators that are pinheads. I bump into them every year at Expo. I'm certain they wouldnt tell me squat about a case but I'd find it interesting to know if they were on it or not.

It would never hurt to reach out toyour FBI buddies that are also pinheads and mke sure they know what is going on with this. Personal attachment always helps and maybe one of them would like to get involved and keep things moving. Feel free to contact me if you want any info as I have lots of data compiled I can pass onto them.

#249 8 years ago

yes. Talk to the lawyer if you want details.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-predatormagic-girl-prototype-worth?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.