(Topic ID: 139466)

How much is a Predator/Magic Girl Prototype Worth?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 257 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ChrisVW
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
a1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpg
SchruteBuck.jpg
454205-i.jpg
th.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

50 cents a game. A dollar at the most.

#36 8 years ago

How about some of us discuss the topic seriously, some of us crack jokes, some of us go off topic, some of us squabble and others ignore the post entirely. Or all of the above.

This is business as usual people.

#67 8 years ago

Consider this:

Are either of these machines really a prototype in the traditional sense. Or are they simply a one off garage build from failed ventures.

Notorious machines yes, but in my mind certainly not valued as a prototype or sample machine of a production run from an established manufacture.

In that context I view both of these machines as novelties with minimal value. Especially the Predator.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Their notoriety gives them their value. The history, the story is the worth.

Yeah, I get that. But what value? For me it isnt much and again I see them as novelties. To each his own I guess.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ahh.....another great morning....good morning all.....does anybody around here PLAY pinball.....or just sit around bitching about it all day....???!!!...............Joey

Quoted for irony.

#97 8 years ago

Beelzeboob for Pinside Mayor.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

and burn the thing in a roaring bonfire

Have weenie roast with Popadiuk as the weenie.

a1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpga1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpg

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I sincerely apologize for straying off topic.

Don't be such a cloaca.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

people will want that game in their collection and will pay a hefty price for it.

I hear Pinchili might be thinking of selling. LOL

Quoted from Haymaker:

Everyone says that Predator is worthless, and that if you own one of the prototypes you are somehow a low life criminal scumbag but watch, in 10 years, when this whole shit show has calmed down, people will want that game in their collection and will pay a hefty price for it. I know this is an unpopular opinion but just watch.

Predator will get passed around I can agree but I just don't see anyone paying a hefty price for it.
- Meet me at Expo 2025 and we'll discuss it over a beer.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What I think is unfair is the personal attacks on me

Are you completely oblivious to the reputation you have earned during your time here on Pinside?

You've dug yourself a deep hole. Any chance for you to redeem yourself means you need to participate cleaner and better than the average Pinsider. Anything borderline controversial from you will be taken negatively.

And you are in no position to ask or demand respect. You need to earn it as we all do.

Now I've seen glimpses of promise from you recently but it seems like its one step forward, followed by one step back.

I'll be at Expo and look forward to a chat.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

First off, the first round of beers are on me.

No. I want dinner and I'm bringing a couple of overweight lady friends.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

its unreal that something can't possibly be discussed with out feelings being hurt.

Wow, you were sure butthurt during Phill-Gate. One of the more prolific commentators as I recall.

Quoted from inhomearcades:

I got taken on about 18k in machines by another pinsider, still trying to work that out but who knows. I am owed a WH20, SM, BOP, 2 MM deposits, TOTAN, if someone wanted to discuss what those are worth, go ahead, I made the mistake of trusting someone. Its not rubbing salt in my wounds. I am pissed about the situation and will be taking legal action no doubt, but I sure as heck wouldn't be mad if people were discussing the value of the games I got ripped off on.
I lost more than most people did in the whole Preditor and MG scams by a fellow pinsider as well, I feel their pain, I really do but people shouldn't be so damn sensitive. Lets focus our attention of getting some of our money back and not at feeling butt hurt because we all got ripped off. Feeling sorry for myself or yourself isn't going to change anything, take action. We all got ripped off, just because someone brings it up or wants to discuss it your going to get upset about it? Come on.

I'm very sorry that happened to you. I truly am.

Now how would you feel if a public thread was begun and numerous Pinsider's took turns ridiculing you. Arrogant, insulting comments on a daily basis and it went on for over a year. Still does.

For me it isn't the loss of money so much as the public humiliation and abuse we've suffered. Combine that with your lost money and I imagine you'd be sensitive also.

#211 8 years ago

And for the record, I think this thread is interesting and perfectly acceptable. Perhaps too early and begun by the wrong person but I'm OK with it.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If someone were legitimately pondering the question... I'd agree.

No argument. Curious you would rephrase what I said.

Quoted from Mr68:

Perhaps too early and begun by the wrong person

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

If someone actually has a receipt with the word prototype on it and not just the words game 1 or game 2 or whatever, is there any reason they cannot just post a picture of that receipt on here?

When will you be giving your official statement as Pinchili aka Tim Fife?

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

They have been involved for months. Just this week - thanks to pinside - they reopened.
You know - it's almost like they knew what they were doing. Just back off and wait for him to trip up - they always do

Seriously Rommy, the FBI reopened the case? Thats excellent news for you guys. Its my understanding that an individual cannot file for bankruptcy protection when a crime is involved. One way or another, they have to pay. (no, I'm not a lawyer)

It never occurred to me until just now but I happen to know two FBI investigators that are pinheads. I bump into them every year at Expo. I'm certain they wouldnt tell me squat about a case but I'd find it interesting to know if they were on it or not.

I'm keeping a good thought for all of you guys getting your money back. Tough road but necessary to do. And from my outside perspective this case just got very interesting. - Kick ass fellas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-predatormagic-girl-prototype-worth?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.