(Topic ID: 139466)

How much is a Predator/Magic Girl Prototype Worth?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 257 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ChrisVW
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
a1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpg
SchruteBuck.jpg
454205-i.jpg
th.jpg
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

Kaneda starting threads that people don't like is almost as obnoxious as people constantly attacking him. Its like a bunch of adolescent children who are trying to one up each other with their attacks. Closing this thread is ridiculous, this is a perfectly acceptable subject, you do have the option of draining it if you don't like it.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

this is a perfectly acceptable subject

Agree, it's an interesting topic.

I wish people were drawn more to the topic on hand than they are by the outside drama. Is it just a human-nature thing?

Pete

#103 8 years ago

Man, I almost forgot how hard Kaneda tried to screw the guy with the Fix It Felix.

Dude can afford a Hellcat but can't settle his debts in a reasonable or timely manner. That is pretty messed up.

#104 8 years ago

Kaneda starting threads that people don't like is almost as obnoxious as people constantly attacking him. Its like a bunch of adolescent children who are trying to one up each other with their attacks.

But but but but but...HE STARTED IT!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I wish people were drawn more to the topic on hand than they are by the outside drama. Is it just a human-nature thing?
Pete

I think the topic is interesting, the problem is there is a TON of emotion tied to it which makes it difficult.

My opinion on the topic is this, the machines would be rare, and in general probably be worth a decent price, but again the emotion tied to it would make a lot of people hate the game, thus really limiting the market. Which at the end of the day lowers the price.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Since this thread is now nothing more than Whysnow doing his typical complaining and others questioning my sanity, it's safe to say we can close her down.

#108 8 years ago

Beezleboob account is Frozen ? LMAO He is one of the nicest guys on the planet !

#109 8 years ago

My little fantasy: We raise the funds to buy the current owner's pin at his cost (not a penny more), have a big party at Expo, and burn the thing in a roaring bonfire. Maybe auction off the rights to light the match with revenues parceled out to victims. We could even distribute the ashes for people to do with as they saw fit (some very interesting and appropriate ideas would no doubt emerge).

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

My little fantasy: We raise the funds to buy the current owner's pin at his cost (not a penny more), have a big party at Expo, and burn the thing in a roaring bonfire. Maybe auction off the rights to light the match with revenues parceled out to victims. We could even distribute the ashes for people to do with as they saw fit (some very interesting and appropriate ideas would no doubt emerge).

You could sell charity tickets for $20 per hit with a sledgehammer, then light it on fire.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

This looks semi playable to me. I didn't know it made it this far though.
» YouTube video

Quoted from nate1981s:

I had no idea it was that far along. Looked real nice too. No wonder so many preordered this.

I'd be surprised if anyone pre-ordered based on that, this was well after the shit was hitting the fan. This demo was a desperation attempt to save things. I didn't watch the video, but it wasn't really well received at NWPAS, most of the time it was broken with nobody around it.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Beezleboob account is Frozen ? LMAO He is one of the nicest guys on the planet !

Agree, but even the nicest guys sometimes make mistakes.

He will be back. We can put out an "official" statement in a bit. I'm currently stuck in a soul-crushing meeting, though.

Official Statement: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stronger-repercussions-for-intentionally-breaking-pinside-rules

Pete

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

and burn the thing in a roaring bonfire

Have weenie roast with Popadiuk as the weenie.

a1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpga1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpg

#114 8 years ago

This is what happens when you bring up Jpop or Kevin, wouldn't matter if it was Kaneda or not. But him doing it adds an extra Molotov cocktail to the fire.

Might as well post a pic of Kevin strutting around Winston Salem too since that thread was closed.

This subject has been discussed in the Jpop thread on several occasions and the overwhelming majority could care less.

#115 8 years ago

Freedom of speech. Why can't we discuss this if we want?

This seems fair to me.

Quoted from chessiv:

Kaneda thrives on creating drama. This post is just one of the dozens he's started.

Kaneda does like to stir the pot every chance he can get.

#116 8 years ago

If you want to come out and hose the guy for asking a simple question, then at least form a sentence!
Why is it that people can't write coherently anymore?

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This subject has been discussed in the Jpop thread on several occasions and the overwhelming majority could care less.

Did everyone freak out then as well or is this really more because k posed the question? I haven't followed those threads too much so this is the first time I've seen the question come up. Seemed like a valid question- from kaneda or anyone else.

I thought mg looked and sounded amazing at nw show even if it was not finished. To me it would be awesome if someone else could purchase at auction with proceeds going to pay others back and finish it or hire someone to finish it to good playability.

#118 8 years ago

I'm all for letting Kaneda speak his piece, but I'm hoping it's okay to also be of the mind that all of Kaneda's posts and threads are completely asstasstic. Right? Trying to say that as nicely as possible.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

I would imagine it's akin to rubbernecking at an accident scene.

Personally, I was interested in the original topic that was posed, not all this other sidebar nonsense.

Getting back on topic, here's a one-of-a-kind prototype that's been up for sale a couple of times over the years:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-a-prototype-loch-ness-monster-gameplan

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would imagine it's akin to rubbernecking at an accident

Been thinking same thing. 15k for that loch ness... Wow!

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"How much is Kaneda's prized collection of platypus vaginas worth?"

I think you meant cloaca.

LTG : )™
Disclaimer : Platypus' don't have vaginas. They lay eggs.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : Platypus' don't have vaginas. They lay eggs.

This is a...pinball site?

EDIT: No disrespect to LTG (just sayin')

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

EDIT: No disrespect to LTG (just sayin')

Fully understood. Just correcting Rarehero's post.

I sincerely apologize for straying off topic.

LTG : )

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

To me it would be awesome if someone else could purchase at auction with proceeds going to pay others back and finish it or hire someone to finish it to good playability.

A drop in the bucket, not even a penny on the dollar. The proceeds would go to Zidware since that who has possession of it. John would likely just pocket the funds. Might sound reasonable, but not reality.

From all accounts, it is so far from being "finished" that I'm not sure you could pay anybody enough to finish it unless you were completely out of your mind.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Did everyone freak out then as well or is this really more because k posed the question?

The whole thread became a "freak out" show, with high emotion, anger, etc. and Kaneda was part of it, in addition to trying to help Jpop do some "marketing".

Some people might think it's an interesting question, the overwhelming majority really don't care and don't need to be reminded of it.

If I bought it, I'd sledgehammer it first and then light it on fire. That sums up how I feel about it. I'm sure showing the Predator pin sitting in somebody else's house really makes people feel great as well.

Then again, people should be free to speak their minds, and let others judge it for what it is.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yep. But he dared to .....

Well, you know...

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No apology needed LTG as off-topic posting is encouraged and not against any Pinside rule as it makes Pinside fun.

Now how about Cars, GoT art?

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't be such a cloaca.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Beelzeboob for Pinside Mayor

I thought he just got banned????

Someone has to start a drama thread about the Beelzeboob banning.
If he is bannable, I'm sure I'm next in line.

Bring back the Boobs ! ! !
How could you not like boob?

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinpast:

I thought he just got banned????
Someone has to start a drama thread about the Beelzeboob banning.
If he is bannable, I'm sure I'm next in line.
Bring back the Boobs ! ! !
How could you not like boob?

Starting a drama thread would not be advised.

If you want to discuss our latest post about repercussions, please open a moderator feedback thread.

Thanks.

Marcus

#130 8 years ago

/me wonders if being ejected from a kaneda thread is a punishment or gift?

#131 8 years ago

If Kaneda wants those backlashes he receives to simmer down, how about starting with changing that avatar...something about it...not sure what...

#132 8 years ago

I am buying beelzeboob a nice teal t-shirt. It is a shame that things get to this level around here lately. It's a pinball forum, not days of our lives.

BOOB!!!!

#133 8 years ago

Guys, I never intended this topic to get so out of control. I understand emotions are high right now and the wounds around SKIT B and JPOP are still fresh. Like it or not, those dramas have become part of this hobby's fabric. We're all adults and our ability to discuss what happened should be possible.

The question I asked was just a hypothetical question. It was in no way meant to be insensitive towards those who lost money. For people to say that is hurtful and unfair. Contrary to what some think, I don't wake up and say, "How can I upset pinball fans today?"

You know lots of people have said a lot of nasty things about me. It's ok. I don't take too much of it to heart as I know myself and I know what they say is not true.

I'll be at Expo and at the pinside cocktail hour. Looking forward to meeting many of you and I happily invite you to share your feelings with me. And for anyone who got burned by JPOP and Skit B, I will buy you a drink. It's the least I could do.

Let's all calm down and enjoy pinball. Life's too short.

#134 8 years ago

Can't we all just get along
I mean honestly how could you possibly stay mad at this guy...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

image.jpg

Can't fault the passion of Kaneda! He's a complicated individual, lacks a little self awareness but, Pinside would be a lot less interesting without him like Boobie said.

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say Is that a Donkey Kong book he's reading?

Man I get you Chris, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. All the transformer figures all over the wall, why not TFLE instead of LOTR?

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't fault the passion of Kaneda! He's a complicated individual, lacks a little self awareness but, Pinside would be a lot less interesting without him like Boobie said.
A picture is worth a thousand words as they say Is that a Donkey Kong book he's reading?
Man I get you Chris, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. All the transformer figures all over the wall, why not TFLE instead of LOTR?

If they made a G1 Transformers pin based on the Transformers animated movie I'd sell a kidney to get it! Best movie ever! Not a fan of the Michael Bay version.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

image.jpg

Wait a minute, that picture of the gameroom(in the bedroom) looks familiar. I swear there was an article about a guy who built an incredible game room in wired magazine. Is Kaneda one in the same? If so, that story was incredible(this guy was pretty passionate about arcade games), and it appeared towards the end of the story that the he was getting into pinball. Sorry for being off topic here

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/arcadia/

#138 8 years ago

I have just one question. Is Kaneda still living in his parents basement?

#139 8 years ago

My parents don't have a basement They live in an old bank. But there is a vault down there.

#140 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a topic?

If you want to know about "Mr Innocent" not starting topics to start crap just look at his list of "Topics Started" and see how many have a little lock icon next to them. They are not there because they are ended For Sale threads. They are started for no other reason that getting the drama going.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There is a topic?
If you want to know about "Mr Innocent" not starting topics to start crap just look at his list of "Topics Started" and see how many have a little lock icon next to them. They are not there because they are ended For Sale threads. They are started for no other reason that getting the drama going.

We've all sort of moved on from the negativity man. No need to start it back up.

#143 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All the transformer figures all over the wall, why not TFLE instead of LOTR?

Why would he get a shitty game to replace a super sweet one?

#145 8 years ago

Mg would sell for less than 10k. And it would keep selling and people would keep losing money on it when they sell it and eventually it would fall apart and be worth it's actual price which is $0. I mean fall more apart because it's already in shambles

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I've stopped personally insulting anyone.

Quoted from kaneda:

You're such a pathetic little man.

Quoted from kaneda:

. It was in no way meant to be insensitive towards those who lost money..

Quoted from kaneda:

You've written me off and trying to write off the money you lost on Predator.

Dude, you're either completely full of shit OR you have a bipolar mental disorder. Which is it?

You can't even keep your shit straight without contradicting yourself in the span of a few hours.....

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Starting a drama thread would not be advised.

Marcus

Really???

#148 8 years ago

Guys, I never intended this topic to get so out of control. I understand emotions are high right now and the wounds around SKIT B and JPOP are still fresh. Like it or not, those dramas have become part of this hobby's fabric. Contrary to what some think, I don't wake up and say, "How can I upset pinball fans today?"

Really??

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Now I'll have t o follow him and start a cult! Bee-zle-boob! Bee-zle-boob! Bee-zle-boob!

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Dude, you're either completely full of shit OR you have a bipolar mental disorder. Which is it?
You can't even keep your shit straight without contradicting yourself in the span of a few hours.....

What can I say, whysnow brings out the best in me. And who amongst us isn't a hypocrite on pinside when phrases are taken out of context? Play fair my friend.

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-predatormagic-girl-prototype-worth/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.