How much is a Predator/Magic Girl Prototype Worth?

By kaneda

2 years ago

Stats

• 257 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ChrisVW
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
a1cedeaedaac219a242e0d427a29f55a.jpg
SchruteBuck.jpg
454205-i.jpg
th.jpg

There are 257 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 2 years ago

Let me first state that a topic like this should never exist. People who pay for a pin should get their pin. But in the case of Predator and Magic Girl, it's interesting to think what will happen with the prototypes that were created. Both represent a lot of pain, anger and frustration for many great pinsiders out there who lost money. But, both also could be seen as ultra-rare items to the collector that seeks rarity.

So the question is, how much do you think each would sell for if they went up for auction? I'm not saying they SHOULD and I'm not saying that's the right thing to do. But IF they did hit the auction block, how much do you think each would go for?

#2 2 years ago

Geez... You can't help it, do you? What point are you trying to prove? Are you a MG/pred "owner"??

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Geez... You can't help it, do you? What point are you trying to prove? Are you a MG/pred "owner"??

Seriously, what's wrong with asking a question? Can't we just speculate and start discussions that would make people share their thoughts? Isn't that the point of a message board / forum? I'm not trying to prove any point. Just interested in what people think a prototype is worth. That's all. No greater point than that.

#4 2 years ago

Well there is 1 unplayable magic girl proto I think. So $0?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Well there is 1 unplayable magic girl proto I think. So $0?

Even in it's current form, you think it would fetch $0 at auction? That's all I'm asking, if these games went to the auction block, what would they fetch. That's all I'm asking. I know it's hard to separate what we think it should go for vs what it actually would.

#7 2 years ago

Easy, it's worth whatever someone is willing to play for either garbage game.

#8 2 years ago

50 cents a game. A dollar at the most.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Let me first state that a topic like this should never exist.

Always go with your first instinct.

#10 2 years ago

Kaneda, you don't need either. You already have the One Pin to Rule Them All.

#11 2 years ago

Well, we could always go with the ol' pinside fallback catch phrases.

"It's a $1400 game, folks" and "$10k by Christmas".

What do unfinished/early prototypes for other titles generally go for?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Mr. Hellcat strikes again. Shouldn't you be driving that car before it depreciates even more.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What do unfinished/early prototypes for other titles generally go for?

[Stern joke]

#14 2 years ago

Predator should have been destroyed, I foresee the MG/RAZA proto's being auctioned off to repay debts at some point. No telling what kind of $ they'd go for.

#15 2 years ago

Personal attacks on me aside, if both hit the auction block, I'm just curious what you think they would fetch. That's all. Since nobody wants to answer this hypothetical scenario, I'll start and you guys can react (and downvote me)

I think someone would pay $7,000 for Predator and $20,000 for Magic Girl.

I'm not by any means saying that's what they are worth to me, but I think a collector out there would fork over that much. As a conversation piece alone there's value.

#16 2 years ago

Never liked the look or game play of Predator so I wouldn't pay anything for it. MG doesn't even have working mechs for most of the game so it even more worthless. Why would anyone want them is the better question other then to try to one up people and pretend to be important. Pretty sad that those to assbags took around 500K and a million $ and this is all that they could do with it.

#17 2 years ago

What would cost more : one of these protos, or Kaneda's silence on this forum?

#18 2 years ago

Man people are sensitive here. I thought the same thing when I saw that photo of the preditor in the guys house. I would be willing to pay a decent amount for either game. Although they both represent a shitty thing that happened to this hobby, they are part of an interesting history, worth something to me. Relax, the guy simply brought it up for discussion, why attack him constantly. I used to get annoyed with some of his comments, now its more annoying that people can't help but follow him around and attack him. Grow up pinside.

#19 2 years ago

Whoever owns the predator I wish they would dump the ROM's and upload good images of the playfield so someone can make a good playing pinMAME copy.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Man people are sensitive here. I thought the same thing when I saw that photo of the preditor in the guys house. I would be willing to pay a decent amount for either game. Although they both represent a shitty thing that happened to this hobby, they are part of an interesting history, worth something to me. Relax, the guy simply brought it up for discussion, why attack him constantly. I used to get annoyed with some of his comments, now its more annoying that people can't help but follow him around and attack him. Grow up pinside.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I'm sorry if I offended people somehow. In both threads, the topic of how much these machines would go for at auction has been raised. But never together and now that there's a Predator machine in the wild, I thought we could discuss separately.

What's interesting is this: these two machines have people personally riled up, and understandably so. For example, not one person could remove their own feelings from the question. I asked how much do you think they'd go for, not what would you pay for them. Yet people can only share how much they hate the machines. Which I get.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

What would cost more : one of these protos, or Kaneda's silence on this forum?

Last I checked ignoring my threads/posts doesn't cost a dime

#22 2 years ago

Also, if you go after the owners with torches and pitchforks, the chances that the pins would ever see the light of day again would be virtually nil.

For better or worse, they're part of pin history now.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Also, if you go after the owners with torches and pitchforks, the chances that the pins would ever see the light of day again would be virtually nil.

Yeah you'll only see them change hands in private, and not to people that cared about their standing in the Pinside community (there are a ton of pinheads that are not on Pinside and don't give a damn about the drama on here).

Part of the reason rare games are worth so much is the collective social positive value that the community places on them. Enough damage has been done with these two games that a decent chunk of the vocal community will never let the grudge go and jump at any opportunity to negatively influence the sale of any examples of these games. So I wouldn't expect them to fetch big bucks because they'll probably never make it to the public marketplace.

#24 2 years ago

Depends on whether not the translite was signed by Harrison Ford.

#25 2 years ago

I don't know the legal status of JPop, but sell us the damn art to help pay back the people you scammed. If 4,000 people buy the translite we might be able to refund the mortgage one or two buyers put into this game.

#26 2 years ago

People are so quick to attack lately. It's just a fun discussion. If you don't like it, don't read or post.

Anyway, I don't see them fetching that much. Maybe a few grand each. They have such a negative history attached to them and I think that would deter many buyers.
Plus, mg isn't finished.
I don't think people will see them as a prototype like pinball circus or kingpin.

#27 2 years ago

Kaneda thrives on creating drama. This post is just one of the dozens he's started in recent history. He's doing his best to seem rational but he is just trolling IMO.

#28 2 years ago

$0. Those machines have bad juju.

#29 2 years ago

If a few folks who funded jpop & predator get irritated by this thread thats enough imo to lock it. There isnt much fun in speculating over the price of machines funded by our fellow hobbyists who also got hurt financially, emotionally etc.

Lack of respect

#30 2 years ago

Lack of respect? Freedom of speech man. Why can't we discuss this if we want? If every thread that upset someone was closed, this site wouldn't exist.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Kaneda thrives on creating drama. This post is just one of the dozens he's started in recent history. He's doing his best to seem rational but he is just trolling IMO.

I understand what you're saying but I think this post is interesting. I have no money or emotion attached to either game mentioned so This post made me wonder if someone would pay for these. I wouldn't pay much for them.

If there wasn't any drama on pinside, there would be 5 posts a day.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Even in it's current form, you think it would fetch $0 at auction? That's all I'm asking, if these games went to the auction block, what would they fetch. That's all I'm asking. I know it's hard to separate what we think it should go for vs what it actually would.

$0. It doesn't work. There was a PF overlay on it. You could flip a ball around, thats it. The end. That's all I'm answering.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

How is this trolling? Kaneda created the drama? Yup, I started Zidware and Skit-B guys!!! It was my masterplan!!!! I'll create the drama!!!! You've figured it out!!!!

Lack of respect for the buyers who got hurt? I have nothing but respect for them. They were investing in the hobby they love. This isn't a thread about me, or the victims, or the pins themselves. It was just a simple question: if they went up for auction, what do you think they would go for? THAT'S IT!!!! I didn't ask anything else.

Funny how people troll my thread, personally attack me (for which they are never banned or warned my moderators, just saying) and then complain I'm the troll.

So let me ask you guys another question...as collectors, have you never thought, hmmmm...I wonder what those games that never saw the light of day, that have been the topic of THOUSANDS of posts, those pins that have created the MOST CONVERSATION ALL YEAR...I wonder what will happen to them? And if they went up for sale, what they would go for?

Would it be better to ask it this way: If JPOP has to auction off his prototypes to raise money to pay people back, what do you think they'd sell for? Same thing for Skit-B (even if he can't do it legally). Just hypothetically speaking.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

$0. It doesn't work. There was a PF overlay on it. You could flip a ball around, thats it. The end. That's all I'm answering.

People, READ THE QUESTION. It's not what YOU THINK IT'S WORTH, it's WHAT DO YOU THINK SOMEBODY WHO COLLECTS WOULD PAY? Saying it's worth $0 makes no sense. Surely more than Congo

#35 2 years ago

Lack of respect? Freedom of speech man. Why can't we discuss this if we want? If every thread that upset someone was closed, this site wouldn't exist.

There is already a dumpster fire thread that exists where all the Jpop trash is supposed to be deposited, per the mods.

Maybe this will start another Jpop brush fire with 20k posts.

#36 2 years ago

How about some of us discuss the topic seriously, some of us crack jokes, some of us go off topic, some of us squabble and others ignore the post entirely. Or all of the above.

This is business as usual people.

#37 2 years ago

The Predator pin was complete. Non pinsiders with larger collections I am sure would pay $20k+ for it if it was the only one or one of two. Some of those DE prototype unreleased games such as King Kong sell for $10-20k and I think Predator is much more desirable due to it being a modern complete DMD game, rarity, and good theme. If you don't agree you are fooling yourself. Not everyone cares about the morality/legality of it.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

The Predator pin was complete. Non pinsiders with larger collections I am sure would pay $20k+ for it if it was the only one or one of two. Some of those DE prototype unreleased games such as King Kong sell for $10-20k and I think Predator is much more desirable due to it being a modern complete DMD game, rarity, and good theme. If you don't agree you are fooling yourself. Not everyone cares about the morality/legality of it.

I agree - if it was sold "under the radar," I bet the # on Predator would be $25k

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

I am sure would pay $20k+ for it if it was the only one or one of two.

I agree. If Kevin wasn't a moron, and didn't decide to try to bootleg 250 pinball machines, he probably could have made a few prototypes and sold them on the down low to well-heeled buyers who wanted something exclusive. Enough to fund and finance his little basement operation creating custom pins.

#40 2 years ago

Rare is one thing but both these games IMO looked like ass so IMO they are both pretty worthless.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

People, READ THE QUESTION. It's not what YOU THINK IT'S WORTH, it's WHAT DO YOU THINK SOMEBODY WHO COLLECTS WOULD PAY? Saying it's worth $0 makes no sense. Surely more than Congo

Why does saying it's worthless make no sense? If you gave me a Predator for free, I'd dump gas on it and torch it on principle alone. It's actually worth negative to me because the gas has a cost.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why does saying it's worthless make no sense? If you gave me a Predator for free, I'd dump gas on it and torch it on principle alone. It's actually worth negative to me because the gas has a cost.

I'd part it out. There's gotta be at least $500 in parts I could reuse. Let me grab those and THEN you can torch it.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Well, since congo is an awesome game....

I think that any smart person would bid $0 on this.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously, what's wrong with asking a question? Can't we just speculate and start discussions that would make people share their thoughts? Isn't that the point of a message board / forum? I'm not trying to prove any point. Just interested in what people think a prototype is worth. That's all. No greater point than that.

Kaneda, you're fueling a fire and should leave it alone. There's a lot of harm in instigating this topic, and you know it. If you don't know, then your intellect may be in question.

I'm requesting this thread be closed please, as it adds no value to any discussions and is an ongoing legal case.

#45 2 years ago

You are literally the worst thing to ever happen to the coin-op hobby.

#46 2 years ago

To just shut up Kendeda, I was told the predator prototype was originally purchased for $4800 and this was claimed to be the cost of the machine as they think that allows them to skirt IP laws... They are trying to claim fair use and selling at cost/no profit.

I do not know what it resold to pinchili for but I am assuming more than 4800. he now claims it is merely on loan so hopefully the original owner just goes and takes it back from him, lol.

#47 2 years ago

You and kaneda should take it to PMs or Skype.

Also, if every thread was like this one or some other ones I've seen lately, the site shouldn't exist.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Also, if every thread was like this one or some other ones I've seen lately, the site shouldn't exist.

Omg, if you don't like a post don't read it, much less bother to post in it! Drain it. Ignore it. Whatever.

I could def see MG coming to the point of auction down the road and if it fetched $$ to pay off debts to people who had money in on it why shouldn't that happen? Is it better to torch it and not get anything out of it to pay anyone?

#49 2 years ago

In the end it was all fantasy,
I actually visualized routing Predator and Zombie Adventureland...

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

People, READ THE QUESTION. It's not what YOU THINK IT'S WORTH, it's WHAT DO YOU THINK SOMEBODY WHO COLLECTS WOULD PAY?

I don't know... a million Spacebucks? People who hoard useless trinkets don't usually do so for rational reasons.

I'd rather have a pristine Baywatch with an alternative NSFW bosom-y translite.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 224.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 131.00
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 24.50
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 257 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 924 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside