You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

algar_pinballl_007.JPG
algar_pinballl_006.JPG
algar_pinballl_005.JPG
#1 12 years ago

I have a algar pin new rottendog board totally shopped out.. what is a realistic price on this machine i have seen prices all over the board on this machine from 800 to 2000 dollars I have only seen 1 other for sale as there were only 349 ever made ..I don't want to give it away but don't want to ask to much any help would be greatl appreciated

algar_pinballl_005.JPGalgar_pinballl_005.JPG algar_pinballl_006.JPGalgar_pinballl_006.JPG algar_pinballl_007.JPGalgar_pinballl_007.JPG

#2 12 years ago

With so few produced its gonna be a crap shoot. I am having the same problem pricing my rbion because the main thing I have to go on are ebay sales. There just isn't much info. In your case you won't really have that.

My advice to you is price it on the high end and see if you get bites. You can always come down until you find a buyer.

#3 12 years ago

ebay has only sold like one of these and i have no idea what the condition was

#4 12 years ago

The low quantity of production does not necessarily guarantee a high price, there obviously needs to be demand also. Not sure what the demand for this machine is.

#5 12 years ago

Are those the actual pictures of your game??

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The low quantity of production does not necessarily guarantee a high price, there obviously needs to be demand also. Not sure what the demand for this machine is.

No but he posted a wide range. His bg is roached (or at least it looks like it to me) which is going to be what hurts him the most. There are a lot of collector's that just want something because few others have it and he can pander it to them.

#7 12 years ago

Yes they are the pics of my game I thought there might be interest because of the gorgar thing this is the machine that was to be next his brother algar

#8 12 years ago

Ok so if those are your pictures, and that is your definition of "totally shopped" then I'd say $350.00

No disrespect intended but turning around the flipper rubbers and having aged brown playfield rubbers everywhere else is no where near "totally shopping" the game.

If you had totally torn down the game, gave it nice fresh rubber, changed the coil sleeves in all the mechs (at minimum), rebuilt the drop target banks, put new captive balls in, rebuilt the flippers, put new rubber plastic toppers on, polished the playfield to a nice shine with novus 2, new drop target decals, touched up the spinners, etc. then I'd say $850.00 because it is in nice shape...

#9 12 years ago

Yes I have done those sorry these are pics of when I got it not current

#10 12 years ago

Cool man, good luck with the sale!

#11 12 years ago

post some current pics. Could be anywhere from 300 bucks to a thousand, depending on buyer.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Craigmack:

Cool man, good luck with the sale!

Nice recovery...

Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

post some current pics. Could be anywhere from 300 bucks to a thousand, depending on buyer.

+1, show us some more current pics and we might be able to help ya.

#14 12 years ago

I paid $450.00 for my Algar...out of a barn. It was non working, decent shape...BG was similar maybe a bit better than yours...mine was not in the words like yours which is harder to fix. PF was really dirty and it was obviously unshopped... but the PF was in good shape I have since touched it up and clear coated it. No broken plastics, and it had the original boards in it. (I would rather have an original repaired board set as opposed to a repro set) Cabinet was in good shape no chunks missing or anything. Probably about as nice a one as you will find...That being said I wouldn't sell mine for less than $1500 mind you it is NOT for sale but hypothetically that would be my price if it were.
I would say yours is probably in the $800 to $1000 range totally shopped and working properly...that being said...If you find the right person who is REALLY looking for an Algar maybe a little more...Maybe less, it just all depends???
I think it is a fun game, although probably not one of the best players from that era.

Good luck with your sale!

Phoebe

#15 12 years ago

Yeah i guess i don't really have to sell it ..I do enjoy playing it. just getting to many pins in the collection definetly is a addiction once you get started working on pins they take over your house lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-my-algar-machine-worth-new-rottendog-cpu-and-driver-totally-shopped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.