• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mcclad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

congo_9.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You got it. Congo is not in demand. Hype is the reason you see Congo in the threads!

Nice logic. People are buying and selling Congo's for decent prices but that's all make believe according to you.

All pins have value and they go up and down. Congo is a good title that people are looking for. It's a semi-rare game so hard to find for many people. Condition is everything so nice examples seem to be around $3500. Not sure what you mean by bad condition. That could mean anything from not working to a banged up cabinet. If you get it working 100% and clean, someone will want it.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Congo is not a good game imho watch it on you tube it's awful!!! I would not own one terrible theme music ect bad movie too I'm gonna say it's worth 1200 beat up maybe.boring come on it's about an ape that uses sign language ugh I know people claim it's so great but only when they're trying to off it!!

Have you played one? Nobody cares about the movie or any theme if the pin is fun to play. The opposite is also true. Nobody wants a pin with a great theme but terrible gameplay. I didn't think Congo was all that from pics and videos until I played one. Great fun.

#50 8 years ago

Pretty funny that the reasons people give for not liking Congo is reasons why I like it. I also think the whole A and B rating is mindless just like any of the rankings. For me, A-rated just means it costs a lot more. Plenty of expensive, top rated pins, do little for me and would rather have so called B rated pins because they are more fun. It is difficult to spend $4000+ on an old pin when you can get a new Stern pro for not much more. However, when the pro's start looking like they do with GoT, that decision gets a lot easier.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

To me it falls in the low $2K category for an average machine, bump it up for something extraordinary. I would like to get one someday, but the prices will probably have to fall before I'll find one at a price I can live with

What you feel comfortable spending doesn't dictate prices. If a decent Congo comes up for sale for $2000, it will sell in an instant because it's an easy flip for $1000 more. There are plenty of pins I wouldn't mind having for $2000 - TZ, FH, AFM, WH20, etc. That doesn't mean those pins are overpriced. Demand for decent 90's B/W pins is not going down but supply for decent examples are as they get older and older. I don't have a crystal ball but seriously doubt prices are going to drop back to the days when you couldn't give away some of these pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-congo-actually-worth?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.