(Topic ID: 148260)

How much interest in a Stern STAR TREK rules/info doc?

By Tuna_Delight

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ectobar
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you like to see a comprehensive rules/info/strategy doc created for Stern ST?”

• Yes - I would LOVE to see this happen! 155 votes
    91%
  • Meh - it would be good for the game/hobby, but not really necessary given the info already available. 10 votes
    6%
  • No - I have no interest in this whatsoever. 5 votes
    3%

(170 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_d’écran_2016-01-29_à_16.22.07_(resized).png
Do_it_(resized).jpg

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I for one am not at this time - sorry. The time I anticipated to be available for this compilation/research effort has not materialized due to changing demands with my job.
The good news is that this thread has spawned lots of new rules info AND ...
I'm assuming that Stern's Star Trek video version, to be released as part of the new Stern Pinball Arcade product through Farsight, will include a rules set as past games have.

You tease

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from sto:

yes you started ea. Still dont think you did this by shooting under the right flipper, but to be honest, i never tried this...
If 5ym is ready, the machine will show you this very clear. The vengeance shot is lit very aggressiv. Only thing that i can imagine where you have 2 balls in play and nothing is lit(except an error), maybe you were in vengeance Multiball after defeating the vengeance.
Keep on trying and have fun with this great game

There is a bug in the code that prevents 5YM and even EA from lighting

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

There is a bug in the code that prevents 5YM and even EA from lighting

I'm sensing a code update is in order.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from sto:

yes you started ea. Still dont think you did this by shooting under the right flipper, but to be honest, i never tried this...
If 5ym is ready, the machine will show you this very clear. The vengeance shot is lit very aggressiv. Only thing that i can imagine where you have 2 balls in play and nothing is lit(except an error), maybe you were in vengeance Multiball after defeating the vengeance.
Keep on trying and have fun with this great game

For sure the vengence wasn't lit. Even EA the vengence wasnt lit.
On 5YM. The only lit was all 6 missions on the matrix. I was literally just shooting the ball anywhere to get something to happen. I had 2 balls.

I can't remember the exact order on how I played the missions early. But the last missions I remember clearly

I think it went like this

PD 1
KB 1
Nero 1
PD 2
PD 3
KB 2 (certain at this point in order of missions)
KB 3
Nero 2
Nero 3
STE 1
STE 2
STE 3
DTD 1
Dtd 2
SJ 1
KM
SJ 2
EA
Sj3
Dtd3

Just shooting the ball around now

For sure now 2 ball multiball after finishing drd3. I had the captain chairs lit and had 110 hits in the pops to go. I could hit the 3 light lock targets and I did and then I started Klingon multiball to help to finish the pops. I actually thought that is what I had to do. But after finishing the pops. Nothing but all 6 mission maxtrixes were lit. Nothing on the dmd saying anything to shoot "X"

I'm not 100% certain but fairly certain that I started EA with the under the upper right shot and 100% certain the vengence wasn't lit for EA. That when I got to 5YM and nothing was lit that I had to find the shot vs the machine telling me in bright lights on where to shoot. Thought 3 modes 3 different starting shots

#155 5 years ago

Yes need will help me to understand everything

2 months later
#156 5 years ago

Interested.

#157 5 years ago

Ditto. It sounds like Tuna_Delight won't be able to do this anytime soon if at all, what are the chances of someone else doing it do you think? I find it amazing that there isn't a complete rulesheet/guide around anywhere, trust me i've looked! This is only my second pinball machine, and my first modern Stern machine - so I'm not familiar with whether rulesheets eventually turn up for most of these machines or not?

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Ditto. It sounds like Tuna_Delight won't be able to do this anytime soon if at all, what are the chances of someone else doing it do you think? I find it amazing that there isn't a complete rulesheet/guide around anywhere, trust me i've looked! This is only my second pinball machine, and my first modern Stern machine - so I'm not familiar with whether rulesheets eventually turn up for most of these machines or not?

In the past rulesheets only turn up if someone creates them.

With GOT and GB, Stern put out a flyer with most of the rules. Hopefully that continues in the future.

As for ST. A great deal of the rules and strategy are in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player

If there is something specific you would like to know, just ask. I know most of the rules and keep and eye and a couple ST threads.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

In the past rulesheets only turn up if someone creates them.
With GOT and GB, Stern put out a flyer with most of the rules. Hopefully that continues in the future.
As for ST. A great deal of the rules and strategy are in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player
If there is something specific you would like to know, just ask. I know most of the rules and keep and eye and a couple ST threads.

Thanks, thats really helpful, I'll take a look

1 week later
#160 5 years ago

Something that I have always wondered about Nero 1. What resets the lit shots when u don't make a shot for a while?

SJ 1 it's X amount of seconds

But Nero 1 doesn't seemed to be by time. I think it's how many times the ball hits the slings. But I really don't know

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Something that I have always wondered about Nero 1. What resets the lit shots when u don't make a shot for a while?
SJ 1 it's X amount of seconds
But Nero 1 doesn't seemed to be by time. I think it's how many times the ball hits the slings. But I really don't know

Interesting. I just thought it was time. I'll pay attention a little more this weekend.

A rule change that would be nice if they implemented is a bonus is you hit all the shots to make them reset in Nero 1.

In case you weren't aware, in Nero 2, if you complete 3 shots before they reset you get a bonus. You get more of a bonus depending on how many of the multicolored shots you hit. The bonus also increases each time you are awarded it. The multicolored shots are Alpha/Beta/Scoop. I try to hit them in that order. If you do, the first bonus is around 2mil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!