(Topic ID: 1674)

How much influence does theme/license have on liking a pinball?

By jespo_19

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 13 years ago

Ideally, when a game is really great in terms of gameplay, it makes you want to seek out the film. Ideally, that's how licenses should work -they complement each other.

I don't like Spiderman, but I liked the movies overall - go figure... the pin was a letdown for me, but others love it!

The license is just familiarity. It makes people want to relive the feelings they had with the licensee. So I've played some IronMan and liked the game. Now I'm sort of curious about the movies.

It's sort of like dating. When you meet someone you're introduced to by friends, you're more likely to date her, as opposed to a random stranger. That's just the way it is!

#22 13 years ago

:!:Originally posted by gambit3113:

"Pulp Fiction would have been an awesome theme. Lots of mode possibilities ..."

Yep, like "gimp" multiball. []

I can just imagine a bash toy that is Marsales Wallace bent over a barrel with his rear end facing the player. When gimp multiball begins his pants slide down...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-influence-does-themelicense-have-on-liking-a-pinball?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.