(Topic ID: 1674)

How much influence does theme/license have on liking a pinball?

By jespo_19

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 13 years ago

I love the themes, they are as much to me as the gameplay. The artwork sets the mood of the goals, the DMD animations elevate the silver ball hitting things, to actual accomplishments that build on the adventure.

The JP T-Rex eating the ball with the lightning and rain on the DMD takes me into a great movie with some of the best movie dinosaurs I have ever seen. Part of the reason I like that pin so much is because the movie was so cool, it is pretty far down the ratings and I couldn't care less.

Back in college, there were two pins in the game room, MM and DW, and I loved the old TV show so much that I only played the MM a handful of times. Still to this day I wonder why that MM didn't have more of a pull for me.

#23 13 years ago

Since when were Jurassic Park and Terminator 3 bad movies? Apparently I have been watching the wrong movies.

#24 13 years ago

Looking over this post, I realized that you said you owned a Family Guy. It is a perfect example of theme vs. gameplay. If the theme had no effect on the player, Shrek would have the exact same rating as the FG. They are the same pin in every other regard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-influence-does-themelicense-have-on-liking-a-pinball?tu=donjagra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.