(Topic ID: 267785)

How much/How To Ship Playfields and Backglasses?

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

For those of you who have done it before, how much does it cost (in general) to ship a playfield or a backglass? I've been looking locally for some wallhangers but a few people have reached out remote. I'm not looking for QC pieces so I'm looking for the cheapest possible option. In general, are you talking $25 for a backglass to have it shipped and $50 for a playfield? What say you guys?

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For those of you who have done it before, how much does it cost (in general) to ship a playfield or a backglass? I've been looking locally for some wallhangers but a few people have reached out remote. I'm not looking for QC pieces so I'm looking for the cheapest possible option. In general, are you talking $25 for a backglass to have it shipped and $50 for a playfield? What say you guys?

Those numbers are low unless it is going to a near by state. If you don't have correct boxes it takes an hour or two to package them.

#3 3 years ago

I’ve shipped a backglass and I want to say it’s around $50 to do so.

#4 3 years ago

Last time I shipped a crated playfield I think it was $65. If you’re less worried about damage and just want it wrapped in cardboard it should be a fair bit less...

#5 3 years ago

$80-$150, depending on how large and how it's packed.

I usually opt to pack them with more padding, so the cost tends to be higher, but then it's protected better.

If you have the shipper pack it in the store, figure in another $25-$75 or so. But I'm not sure that they actually know how to pack something like that properly, and they certainly don't have the right size box. They're going to use an over-sized box, which is going to cost more to ship.

I don't think too many people who actually know how to pack things are going to skimp on padding.

#6 3 years ago

For backglasses, FedX has a box designed to be used for framed paintings (I believe) which is perfect.

Can't recall the cost to ship, definitely not cheap, but yeah at least with the right box it's do-able.

#7 3 years ago

BG Resto has a great guide for shipping backglasses. Follow this to a T and shouldn’t have any issues there.

http://bgresto.com/?page_id=777

#8 3 years ago

I have shipped a couple playfields through Fedex. One was shipped to Kruzman in MI in a wooden crate and cost a little over 50. I sent another insured For $800 to a pinsider for 60-70, somewhere in that ballpark. I shipped a backglass in CPR’s original packaging to California fully insured for 45. All arrived on time and undamaged. And i don’t have a Fedex business account. Just a guy walking in off the street.

UPS won’t insure unless you pay them to pack it with their supplies (or i guess they would have to verify the packing met their standards). Regardless i found them and USPS way more expensive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-how-to-ship-playfields-and-backglasses?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.