(Topic ID: 45489)

How Much For a Minty Mint Scared Stiff Right Now?

By Nilroc

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

I offered mine up to you for $5.5K in October and you declined!

Sheesh, there MUST have been a reason! Maybe I just got the second one? You offered a MINT one?

#52 6 years ago

SS is a really cool, fun, good playing pin.

It doesn't quite make my Top 8 list though, but it would probably make the Top 10.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Have ya played SS?

Finally got to play a ss and I got to say I do like it first time played it got a alright score of 18million
Shame I drained during I was on the stiff o meter I was on bone bopping
Overall great game i should better save up

#54 6 years ago

I enjoy how everything in the game goes nuts when you complete the stiff-o-meter. I've only been able to accomplish it once, though.

Fun game.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Overall great game i better save up

Then you'll be in the Stiff Club!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Then you'll be in the Stiff Club!

Wont be right away maybe in the next 5-9 months

#57 6 years ago

$10k by Christmas...

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

If someone wants one bad enough they would spend north of 8k. Mint to me is PERFECT. HEP like. That would surely go for more then 8k

You would think so, Huh? HEP+SS= Big Bucks!!!!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

$10k by Christmas...

Noooooo hey that's is $$$
In the uk it could be £2k

#60 6 years ago

yes...and I think it's only gonna get worse! people are finally realizing what a nifty game it it...with plenty of cool stuff going on.

#61 6 years ago

Did I just say Nifty ??

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did I just say Nifty ??

Yes you did

#64 6 years ago

Could stiff be the next Afm or dare I say mm it's a great game good shots and the humor I personally think scared stiff is the best game ever !!!!!

#65 6 years ago

I personally like SS more than MM or AFM. I DO like Monster Bash!

#66 6 years ago

Scared stiff beats monster bash by a mile!!!

#67 6 years ago

Ryan you are losing it! You are punch drunk on SS! Glad you love it bud...

Got a gorgeous Cyclone today to join my new TZ!

#68 6 years ago

I agree. I've owned Monster Bash twice, one was NIB, and I sold it both times. You'd have to pry SS from my cold, dead fingers!

#69 6 years ago

SS is twice MB. SS is no MM, but it is great.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I personally like SS more than MM or AFM. I DO like Monster Bash!

More than MM?! Wow. I need to spend more time on my SS. Cant imagine liking it more than MM, but I'm open to it. Thanks!

#71 6 years ago

I would think 9K is the going rate.

Mark

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

Cant imagine liking it more than MM, but I'm open to it. Thanks!

Thank YOU!

#73 6 years ago

Seriously? Any proof of a SS going for anywhere near 9k?? Except for the hand signed one by Cassandra. SS seems to have a hype-producing machine working overtime for it....heck, maybe it's worth 30k....

#74 6 years ago

And how exactly is SS twice MB?

#75 6 years ago

I think the main thing people are trying to say is that Scared Stiff should, and will be in the Monster Bash realm soon. Fun game, fun theme, great toys, backglass spider-spinner...and Minty ones are becoming harder and harder to find. AND, I just played Avengers LE and Spider Man and thought SS was the better game....just me.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just played Avengers LE and Spider Man and thought SS was the better game....just me.

I still think that scared stiff is better than av le and spiderman but if we're talking acdc and xmenle I do prefer them but scared stiff is amazing

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Seriously? Any proof of a SS going for anywhere near 9k?? Except for the hand signed one by Cassandra. SS seems to have a hype-producing machine working overtime for it....heck, maybe it's worth 30k....

Yea, I like SS, use to play it a lot back around 2002/2003 as there was one on rout not far from where I was living. I think there is a bit of price pumping and hyping going on here and that is okay.

I've seen retailers list (un-restored) SS for under 5k recently. Retailers generally have a decent mark up on what they acquired it for so they can stay in business, name of the game. A HEP SS would probably be worth 9k. Anything short of HEP restored work though and I don't really think there would be as many buyers as the prices we are seeing in this thread.

One thing I always laugh at when I see price pumping is when I ask someone what they paid for theirs . . . no one will admit they paid something like 9k for a SS or 15k for a routed MM, they will say they got theirs long ago or just ran into a great deal from a friend, but will continue to tout the price and value that they say they didn't pay. No one wants to admit to over paying for something; everyone wants what they have to have more perceived value if they think they are ever going to go into the market with it. Just the name of the game.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

He was kidding.

#79 6 years ago

I think the real issue is finding a mint SS. Can someone post some good pics of their "minty" SS. Then we can all see what you consider a minty one to be...I think there will be a big difference in thinking.

i think Minty should be like new. Maybe one or two very small issues with the game. A lone scratch or 2 on the cab.

PF should look new...etc etc.

So lets see some pics of a minty SS...anyone???

#80 6 years ago

I have an excellent one, not mint, (pix already posted in another thread) 6K, plus just put another $300 in mods...(Topper, Eyeball Shooter, LED Skull)...and some cool LED's . This is my 3rd SS and if I could find a Mint one, I'd gladly pay $7k plus.

#81 6 years ago

Funny I owned a nice one. I liked SS though I found it way too easy. The end or wizard mode is awesome as you really think your machine is broken. I don't know as SS is a fun game though its not a deep game by any means. I cannot get over SS being over a 6K pin. About a year ago a lot of nice SS machines were selling for under $4k.

#82 6 years ago

Hah, and a year before that I passed up a beautiful AFM for $5k, and a year before that a MM for $4k

#83 6 years ago

I passed on a very very nice CV at 3200 2 1/2 years ago!!

#84 6 years ago

You guys humor me. If anyone thinks SS is worth the value of a MB send them my way and we can talk straight trades.

#85 6 years ago

Ok...I'll trade my SS for your MB. No prob...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside