(Topic ID: 45489)

How Much For a Minty Mint Scared Stiff Right Now?

By Nilroc

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Just want to see what I need for a budget to pick up a Collector Quality SS

#2 7 years ago

#3 7 years ago

I posted a similar thread a couple days ago for a buddy that was going to go look at one in Houston. Seems like the general consensus (if you can ever have one of those in a price related question) was if it was mint with some tasteful mods then $5,500 or a maybe a little more. Condition drives it.

#4 7 years ago

Collector Quality be prepared to spend between $6 and 7.5k if I could find a mint one for $5.5...I'd have 2...

#5 7 years ago

Hard to find one in any condition under $5K. Two on Mr. Pinball, none on e-bay, one for trade here. A handful at retailers in the $7K range.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Collector Quality be prepared to spend between $6 and 7.5k if I could find a mint one for $5.5...I'd have 2...

Haha! Now that I re-read that thread I posted I see the consensus was a bit higher than 5.5. Love the humor of this game; I'd have one in my collection . . . but not for 7.5k.

#7 7 years ago

No, right now $7.5 is the top. Excellent can be had for $5.5-6
I'm sure you'll have one soon!

#8 7 years ago

Is this game really selling for as much as $7.5k in CQ nowdays? Hard to believe its worth as much as a CQ CV I had back in the day.

#9 7 years ago

Holy crap! When did this game start fetching so much. It seemed to stay at $3,500 forever and now this massive jump. Cripes!

Cheers,
Duane

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Collector Quality be prepared to spend between $6 and 7.5k

Gosh that is a high price for a b/w but then again it is collectors quality
Personally I would go for a nib stern than have a cq pin but that's my opinion

#11 7 years ago

I will tell you in a few. Working on a deal for a cq one

#12 7 years ago

Have ya played SS?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Working on a deal for a cq one

Keep us posted...then get over to The Club!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Have ya played SS?

I have but not my favourite game prefer eatpm than ss

#15 7 years ago

Yeah, I dont get why SS gets little, or no respect... And MM gets Way more than it should!?!?! WTH? And as far as the new Stern games go..... Look cheep compaired to Bally/Williams games of the 90's

#16 7 years ago

pinballgeek...I understand...EATPM is fun too, just not as much as SS, for me.

Jimmydred...yeah, I don't understand either. I actually prefer SS to MM. BUT, I think SS is catching on...look at how prices have risen this past few months.

#17 7 years ago

What some people are paying for pins is outrageous . Ask for twice as much, you can always lower the price. You might find those buyers that think the sky is falling and snap it up.

#18 7 years ago

There was a fantastic SS around for $7K...I know, cause I almost bought it...

#19 7 years ago

My ss cost me a huo tz but im glad to have ss and met a great local buddy out of the deal so all is good !!!

#20 7 years ago

SS is the better pin

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

SS is the better pin

Personally, I, along with Pinside and IPDB disagree with you... but nonetheless, SS is a sweet pin. I find myself playing it on my VP cab more than almost any of the other pins I've got loaded on it. Pretty hard to beat all cleavage... (pun intended or not??)

#22 7 years ago

Almost bought the fantastic SS for $7K too. But it got away and now I have the sads...

#23 7 years ago

$10K by christmas.

#24 7 years ago

I wonder what a NIB SS would fetch in today's market?

#25 7 years ago

I sold a minty one a couple of months ago for $5.5K. The game was darn near perfect, was the cleanest game I have ever owned, zero pf wear, clean shooter lane, no cab fade ... not a mark on the cab, under playfield super clean, goody bag still stapled inside the cab.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

No idea. I think it's STILL gonna rise in popularity. (and rightfully so!)

#27 7 years ago

I remember seeing a link to an ebay auction of elviras personal SS, it sold for big bucks... Plus a meet and greet with is queen herself. Was that on Roberts SS home page? I thinks that SS one of the most under rated/under valued pins out there. Sure prices are on the rise, but if you dont get one now, it will cost more down the line. It is a keeper. Tons of fun, with the coolest translight ever!

#28 7 years ago

Can't argue with the truth!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Jimmydred:

I remember seeing a link to an ebay auction of elviras personal SS, it sold for big bucks... Plus a meet and greet with is queen herself. Was that on Roberts SS home page? I thinks that SS one of the most under rated/under valued pins out there. Sure prices are on the rise, but if you dont get one now, it will cost more down the line. It is a keeper. Tons of fun, with the coolest translight ever!

http://robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/ebay/index.htm

I helped Cassandra sell that NIB SS back in '02 for $10.3K. I was there for the pickup/meet and greet.

I also helped her sell her HUO SS a few years later. IIRC, it sold for around $7K. It had quite a bit of cabinet fade, otherwise I would have bought it myself. Plus, I already owned Dennis Nordman's sample game.

#30 7 years ago

I'll take 3 BSD's please.

#31 7 years ago

Plus, I already owned Dennis Nordman's sample game.

Nice!!

#32 7 years ago

I just bought one week ago for 4000. It is in very good condition but not mint condition. One of the best games ever made in my opinion. Sex is a great theme. No other pin like it. I think I got a good deal.

#33 7 years ago

You got a great deal! Does it have all the mods? Cause they can add up pretty fast...

#34 7 years ago

Very good to Minty SS's for 4-5k?

Wow- that sounds like a steal...

I'm also of the opinion that this pin is under-rated a bit... If I'd EVER seen a local SS in minty condition I would have very likely pulled the trigger on that before this last (ACDC) purchase...

#36 7 years ago

HMMMmmm Would I trade my CQ SS for a WOZ?.......Not right now I wouldn't. A MB? maybe....but don't think so. Wonder what it would take????

#37 7 years ago

357 Magnum?

#38 7 years ago

Na got a couple of those already

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

HMMMmmm Would I trade my CQ SS for a WOZ?.......Not right now I wouldn't. A MB? maybe....but don't think so. Wonder what it would take????

Wow ss vs mb is a tough one. I might be forced to let my cq ss go for a nice mb. I would have to think long and hard about that.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

I would have to think long and hard about that.

I get it!...Scared Stiff reference...

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

Wow ss vs mb is a tough one. I might be forced to let my cq ss go for a nice mb. I would have to think long and hard about that.

I know what your saying....I have wanted a MB to sit next to my Creech but do not think I would put SS up for that trade. MB $ is just way out of my buying capabilities right now.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I get it!...Scared Stiff reference...

Very good hahah

#43 7 years ago

I can see SS steadily rising in value, it has a loyal following and the gameplay is great, one of the better looking pins in all of pinball, and great call outs. Still seems a tad undervalued compared to some of the overvalued one's out there. I had such a time tracking one down, i had offers from sellers in the 5.5-7K range for players games. I wouldn't be surprised to see a MINT one go for $ 7K-7.5K.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I can see SS steadily rising in value, it has a loyal following and the gameplay is great, one of the better looking pins in all of pinball, and great call outs. Still seems a tad undervalued compared to some of the overvalued one's out there. I had such a time tracking one down, i had offers from sellers in the 5.5-7K range for players games. I wouldn't be surprised to see a MINT one go for $ 7K-7.5K.

+1, Super fun Pin...

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a MINT one go for $ 7K-7.5K.

I think Mint would go north of 8K. Imagine what the NIB that sold for 10K years ago would go for today....

#46 7 years ago

I have owned a nice SS and was always saying its almost as good as MB. Which means - I would have traded it for a nice MB. Even with equally great themes and art, the modes on MB are deeper than SS and it has more long term appeal IMHO. Both are great though, obviously but MB wins by a nose.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think Mint would go north of 8K.

Not a chance, I sold a mint one for $5.5K which was listed at $6K with little to no interest at that price.

#48 7 years ago

I will give $7k right now for a mint one...(serious)

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I will give $7k right now for a mint one...(serious)

I offered mine up to you for $5.5K in October and you declined! Guess they have gone up alot in a short timeframe... no surprise there Too bad for us both that it is gone!

#50 7 years ago

If someone wants one bad enough they would spend north of 8k. Mint to me is PERFECT. HEP like. That would surely go for more then 8k

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside