How much for a High Speed with water damage?

(Topic ID: 226990)

How much for a High Speed with water damage?

By Rudi

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Atari_Daze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3333333333 (resized).PNG
222222222222 (resized).PNG
11111111111 (resized).PNG

#1 5 months ago

Hi, I want to buy a SS pinball to get a better understanding of the tech behind it and later take the parts to do my own simple pinball machine with a custom layout. It is not about buying an already nice game to play. It is mostly important that the parts are working. I saw that a High Speed in good condition sold for 880€ in my country one month ago which was in OK condition. Now I saw an offer for a High-Speed for 700€ that has no legs and a water damage on the front. The game is mostly working, however. I know that 700€ are too much for this machine, but I am not sure how much would be a good price. Maybe 380€? How much should I pay for this? My plan was to check the machine out and find some faults to get the price down. Here are the pictures I have:

11111111111 (resized).PNG222222222222 (resized).PNG

3333333333 (resized).PNG
#2 5 months ago

Based on those pictures, the cabinet is absolute trash.

Playfield photo is too small to be useful.

If the boards are good, they may be the only thing of value.

I wouldn't pay more than $250 or so for it, assuming I would strip everything of value and scrap the rest.

As a first machine, this is a huge mistake. Even with your intention in mind, this is too far gone. Also be aware than many people have come and gone with the idea of making a "custom pinball" and almost none of them have the skills and grit to stick with the project, so almost none actually realize their goal.

#3 5 months ago

Thank you for the fast reply Yeah the pictures are trash indeed, I think it is on purpose In this case I won't offer much money to the seller. The problem is that new parts are expensive, even a single ball trough assembly costs 90$. I am not sure what else I should do other than looking for a defective or damaged machine to save money. I know it will be hard to do my own pinball machine, but even if I fail I am happy because I learned something What would you suggest to buy for my purpose (I live in Germany, but there are some offers, too (but seldom defective))? I liked the fact that the game has some mechanical parts I can probably reuse (plus the lockdown bar and other metal parts).

#4 5 months ago

This looks like a parts machine. Give him like $200 USD or so

#5 5 months ago

Like others said around $200.

#6 5 months ago

Thank you, too I thought it would be rude to ask for so much less, that is why I just wanted to be sure it is not worth 700€. I think the prices in the US are lower than in Germany, but I won't offer more than 250€. If he does not agree maybe I will be lucky in the future and get some better defective machine for 500€ or something.

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from Rudi:

Thank you, too I thought it would be rude to ask for so much less, that is why I just wanted to be sure it is not worth 700€. I think the prices in the US are lower than in Germany, but I won't offer more than 250€. If he does not agree maybe I will be lucky in the future and get some better defective machine for 500€ or something.

The price you're willing to offer is determined by the number of usable parts the game has and what it would cost for you to buy those new or used somewhere else. Personally, I'd give a lot more than $200 if it had lots of what I needed.

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from Rudi:

If this was a Whitewater machine with the water infiltration it would be worth much more than the going rate.

#9 5 months ago

If the mpu board has no acid damage it alone is worth more then 200

#10 5 months ago

Alkaline damage , no acid

#11 5 months ago

Pass, wait for another machine.

#12 5 months ago

I contacted the seller and he told me 2 people are interested, one offered €600 and the other one €700. So I guess I will just wait for something else. Thanks for your help

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from Rudi:

I contacted the seller and he told me 2 people are interested, one offered €600 and the other one €700. So I guess I will just wait for something else. Thanks for your help

Good call.

#15 5 months ago

Or good try from the seller to rice you the price.
I doubt based on these pictures someone or two to give these money.
Better leave this and wait for another.

#16 5 months ago
Quoted from Rudi:

WOW …. Just saw a players condition HS sell for $800 recently.

#17 5 months ago

Yikes, ask the seller how much they would pay you to take it off their hands!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Gardner, MA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside