Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much does your spouse like pinball?”

• As much if not more than I do. 11 votes
      17%
    • not as much as me but plays occasionally. 25 votes
      38%
    • Tolerates it but never plays 20 votes
      31%
    • I'm divorced 3 votes
      5%
    • I'm single, let the pinball party begin. 6 votes
      9%

(65 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Beach_Tyme.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

We both like pinball equally. That may not be such a good thing as there is no voice of reason here.
    We've been buying 1 a month.

#2 12 years ago

You lucky bastard.

#3 12 years ago

Q: "WOZ or Tron?"
    A: "Why not both?"

#4 12 years ago

I voted for "Tolerates it but never plays." simply because "Hates it with a passion!" wasn't one of the choices.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

You lucky bastard.

You haven't seen my spouse!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

You haven't seen my spouse!

Er, does she look like your avatar?

#7 12 years ago

I was just kidding but I think I'm gonna be in big trouble....

#8 12 years ago

Mine never played it before she met me but now luckily she likes to play. If not, I would probably be stuck with only 3. But I do have to buy her Diamonds when I get a new pin so that increases the cost. She's already got a necklace, wristband and earrings. Running out of ideas.

#9 12 years ago

I have been with my G/F for over 2 years and just purchased my 1st pinball since we started to date and the 2nd in my collection.

To my surprise she was so for me getting it and even said her Mum and her had been looking out to get me one after my constant talk about them.

I informed her that this should not stop her on her quest and would be happy to have a 3rd

Now to slip her a list.

#10 12 years ago

There is no 51/49 answer wes!
    It is more of a "theme-thing" for her... She IS amped for TRON though!
    But,
    If there ever is a 'Harry Potter' pin coming (JJ I'm looking at YOU!!!) - the percentages will be quickly reversed...
    "Accio Pin!"

It is too bad I can't use "Scourgify" on some of these local routed pins!
    That would be cool.

#11 12 years ago

I'm lucky, my lady loves the same things that I do: dive bars, cheap beer, and pinball. She has grown into quite the little pinball wizard-ress. I love hearing that replay knocker hit with her playing next to me.

She often says after a long day of work :"you can't be THAT tired!! c'mon, I need to show that theatre of magic who's my bitch!!!"

#12 12 years ago

My wife acts like there are other things in life as important as pinball. She is silly

#13 12 years ago

My wife enjoys playing and lets me get most of what I want. I did add a Dale Jr. machine to her cart on Amazon and she thought I was crazy wanting to spend $4 on one machine. If I save the money she would let me do it though.

#14 12 years ago

My answer is my wife "Tolerates it but never plays".

This is almost true as occasionally she will play the odd game with me, also my lovely wife is always up for a weekend away so I can go to a pin event and she gets a hotel stay with pampering and shopping etc...

She will always pop in for a while at an event and will play a handfull of games, it works out well for us, our next pin show is UK Pinball Party in august and I can't wait.

Also the funny thing is she has unknowingly learnt about pinball, machines, play technique, strategy, goals etc, sometimes she says "why do I even know this stuff"

#15 12 years ago

My wife has played one or two times, She played MB said it was cute,but dosent get it.

#16 12 years ago

Mine ran away with a car salesman, so I went out and bought a few more machines. I guess you could say she supported my habit that way.

#17 12 years ago

My wife didn't like the idea of getting a game at first. Now she plays every day, the Shadow got her hooked!

#18 12 years ago

Before we started having kids my wife and I would spend hours, with a beverage of choice, playing pinball. My first Pin I bought when we were dating and after a few tips from a friend of mine, a little trouble shooting, and a shop we were good to go. I think as the kids get a little older we will spend more time playing but as for now her time has dropped considerably...but she still enjoys seeing the before and after when I pick up desperate machines.

#19 12 years ago

I don't get grief from buying or trading. I get grief from "Wear and Tear on the house moving them in and out all the time"..... I slide them out on rugs and the wood floors don't even notice. Now, when I moved Pac-man upright out and did not realize the leg levelers were down. That left a mark...I buffed most of it out. Most.

#20 12 years ago

My wife thinks it is a ridiculous waste of time and money! I have begged her to play and after two times she just said: "I guess it is nice, if that is what you like." Then walked away back to watching f'ing Oprah!!! Can you imagine . . . NOT getting turned on by playing pinball?????!!!!!!!!!

#21 12 years ago

my G/F tolerates the machines better than my parents! they are all "investments" though i tell everyone. you can't have this much fun with your savings account! no one but my brother and i really play them though. everyone else is still at the double flip level around my house. she's really into addams family and would totally sell all my pins if a harry potter one came out! i think i just have to find the right game to really get her into it, i know dracula is hard for a beginner but the theme would definitely suck her in.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Q: "WOZ or Tron?"
    A: "Why not both?"

Don't forget Transformers and Steve's next pin!LOL

My wife likes to play but not as much as me,also every time I get another machine She has to get something too.ARGH

#23 12 years ago

My wife initially liked pinball better than me. When we were dating years ago, she would be playing pins while I would be playing vids at River Falls Mall. She has been pretty instrumental/understanding in helping me build my collection. You just have to keep it balanced out, I get a couple games, she gets the living room re-done(new paint, new leather sectional, new TV etc..). I like them more now, but she does enjoy playing and kicking my butt...

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

I would be playing vids at River Falls Mall.

Jnewton,I am not to far from you.Across the river in God's country! Louisville area-Fern Creek to be exact.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Jnewton,I am not to far from you.Across the river in God's country! Louisville area-Fern Creek to be exact.

Awesome! Good to know of a fellow collector nearby. It truly is a small world

#26 12 years ago

My wife plays skee ball while i play pinball when we go to the arcade. She claims that pushing the buttons hurts her carpletunnel.

#27 12 years ago

My wife tolerates my hobby and doesn't really play--but she gave me a thumbs up on my last 3 pins (WOZ on order) even though I really "didn't have the room"...she's a keeper!

#28 12 years ago

My love loves it! Her and my sons play all day while Im at work

#29 12 years ago

My wife doesn't mind but she doesn't have any interest in it, she comes down to my game room , looks and goes back upstairs lol..

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrTechnoBarn:

My wife doesn't mind but she doesn't have any interest in it

If your default pic reps your wife, I would think YOU might go back upstairs...

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrTechnoBarn:

My wife doesn't mind but she doesn't have any interest in it, she comes down to my game room , looks and goes back upstairs lol..

Sound's like my better 1/2 .. Kat did like my 1st Pin.. a Bell ringer ,a 1972 Bally Hi-Lo Ace

.. which I cannot load into my Past Pin's on this site. When i sold that 1 ,, 10 more later she Liked my 1st " Fire " She played it for a Month then I sold it.. Now 100 more Pin's later.. The only time she has her hand's on the flipper's button's is when i'm having my way with her from behind. Which is Way Better than Noth-n.. She doesn't ask or Care what I run down or Spend.. Way Cool baby-doll..

Beach_Tyme.jpgBeach_Tyme.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-does-your-spouse-like-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.