Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Tim change your opinion of the PHOF”

• Not at all. I love the place 55 votes
      46%
    • I look past his attitude and play pinball 22 votes
      18%
    • It gets old. Still like to go there though. 9 votes
      8%
    • It drove me nuts. Now I don't bother. 5 votes
      4%
    • I don't like the place because of the lack of maintenance. 28 votes
      24%

(119 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1377130_511216302299200_1831418823_n.jpg
    IMAG2305.jpg
    IMAG2304.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#85 10 years ago

Here is the way I see it with Tim. Put yourself in his shoes and try working 12 to 14 hours a day with someone always bugging you while you are trying to run a place the size of PHOF -- alone -- and also keeping close to (or over) 200 machine up & running for a few years and see if you don't get a little grumpy.

Tim's goal is to raise as much money as possible each year for charity - how many people do you know like that?

When I talked to Tim he seemed a little standoffish and "grumpy" but we did talk for about 15 minutes. In that time I learned a lot about him but most important was the fact that to him it is all about money for charity.

Ever wonder why so few lights on, why no real sign out front, etc. All to save money so he can give more money away. Tim doesn't want to pay help because he wants to save as much in overhead as possible.

When I asked why he was trying to do so much himself his answer was "if you want to help I have a trailer out back you can stay in as long as you want and if you are willing to work for free I'll take any and all help I can get". He has some volunteers helping him and one day I was there I was talking to one of them and asked "where is Tim". The answer was "we kicked him out for a few hours so he could take care of some personal stuff". The guy then told me how hard it is for volunteers to get Tim to take a break and the only time he isn't at PHOF is when he can't be for personal reasons.

If I owned PHOF I am sure I would do things differently. I don't know if I could put all the hours in he does just to give all the profits away. But I know for sure I wouldn't try to do it on my own or alone.

Before bashing Tim climb into his shoes and try doing what he has done for years. See if you are not grumpy by then!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-does-tim-change-your-opinion-of-the-phof?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.